Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So maybe I just suck at driving stick but I'm still struggling to get good smooth 1st to 2nd shifts that aren't drawn out. Then I noticed in the manual that N mode specifically creates rev hang above and beyond what it would normally be. I understand that this is to keep the revs in the power band but I wish it didn't. Custom N mode is the only way to drive the car imo.

·
Registered
364 Posts
The pedal sensitivity is definitely higher in N mode so I can see gas being applied longer as you’re lifting off but haven’t really noticed the additional rev hang once off the gas completely. The owners manual almost reads like this was written for the dct and it’s shifting behavior but that would be odd considering it wasn’t out yet.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Custom N mode is the only way to drive the car imo.
welllll......yeah. Unless your on the track or on the auto cross why would you need regular N mode? Shocks are too harsh, steering feel IMO is way to artificially stiff. They knew this and that’s why they created the N custom mode. Press in clutch, press the start button, hit the checkered flag twice. Enjoy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The pedal sensitivity is definitely higher in N mode so I can see gas being applied longer as you’re lifting off but haven’t really noticed the additional rev hang once off the gas completely. The owners manual almost reads like this was written for the dct and it’s shifting behavior but that would be odd considering it wasn’t out yet.
Pedal sensitivity is independent programming from rev hang. Usually rev hang is an emissions related issue as sharp throttle cuts cause bad emissions, but because the N-mode on the review I watched caused quite a bit of pops and bangs, perhaps its also just trying to keep the turbo spooled between shifts?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Yes all of that is true and possible but my rpm's don't drop any faster when in Normal mode, at least not that I can notice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts