Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

N mode App readings can't be right

10K views 51 replies 8 participants last post by  RedVN 
#1 ·
First post here. Tried searching all over kingdom come for this issue to no avail, so here goes.

I just hit 4200 miles on my 2020 N PP. I started racing the car in time trials last month. Decided I wanted to make some mods. Installed a Takeda intake, Velossa big mouth and a GFB BOV.

Last night, we were getting ready for a race this weekend, and my buddy suggested we check the info on the N mode app on the infotainment system to see if we can see a horsepower increase. I had never used it to see my HP and Boost etc.

We ran about ten minutes running through the gears around our industrial park, and the car seems to respond and act fantastic, BUT, the readings in the N mode app are ridiculiously low.

Topped out at 178HP and 9 pounds boost. The dash board indicator is showing it jumping to about 15-17 pounds, but now I'm concerned that the system isn't reading correctly, or the car has had HP issues from the beginning I didn't know about. I suppose I would notice a 100hp difference.

I also started playing with the acceleration app on the infotainment system. I went to a deserted road, and tried to use launch control with the acceleration app. Apparently, my launch control will never actually give me the "launch control active" notification AND the acceleration test never starts.

Has anyone had issues with I infotainment stuff? I'm going to get the car dynoed after the race, and probably take it to the dealer to get the electronics looked over, but I'm a bit confuzzled.

Thanks for reading my nonsense.

See less See more
#2 ·
First post here. Tried searching all over kingdom come for this issue to no avail, so here goes.

I just hit 4200 miles on my 2020 N PP. I started racing the car in time trials last month. Decided I wanted to make some mods. Installed a Takeda intake, Velossa big mouth and a GFB BOV.

Last night, we were getting ready for a race this weekend, and my buddy suggested we check the info on the N mode app on the infotainment system to see if we can see a horsepower increase. I had never used it to see my HP and Boost etc.

We ran about ten minutes running through the gears around our industrial park, and the car seems to respond and act fantastic, BUT, the readings in the N mode app are ridiculiously low.

Topped out at 178HP and 9 pounds boost. The dash board indicator is showing it jumping to about 15-17 pounds, but now I'm concerned that the system isn't reading correctly, or the car has had HP issues from the beginning I didn't know about. I suppose I would notice a 100hp difference.

I also started playing with the acceleration app on the infotainment system. I went to a deserted road, and tried to use launch control with the acceleration app. Apparently, my launch control will never actually give me the "launch control active" notification AND the acceleration test never starts.

Has anyone had issues with I infotainment stuff? I'm going to get the car dynoed after the race, and probably take it to the dealer to get the electronics looked over, but I'm a bit confuzzled.

I. Noticed the same. Car is making plenty of power and boost it feels like. And in the dash it shows me hitting around 15 16 psi in turbo. but when I look on the graph in n mode it shows like 9 tops. Every time. Mostly around 3.5 or 4

#10 ·
Another wierd thing I noticed today. Not any kind of big deal but it's just a wtf kinda thing. I was washing it down and was looking at the n logo on the front grill. The red and black part on it are freaking stickers. But the n logos inside on the floor mats are painted red and black on those parts. I only noticed cause the little red part on my front grill one is getting loose it looks like. Crazy to me why you would paint the ones inside and the one on the front that takes the brunt of everything just put a sticker in it. Hahahaa. Sorry for the rant

#14 ·
Installed a Takeda intake, Velossa big mouth and a GFB BOV.

These are not power adders. You are basically stock and making stock power. So you should see stock numbers

The launch control has conditions. First gear, clutch in, engine warm. Floor the throttle, don't be gentle. If you depress the gas pedal like normal, it won't do it. The LC can only be used every few (5?) Minutes. So you can't go back-to-back

#17 ·

I know this thread wawas a while ago but I've been thinking about this as well. Car feels pretty solid pulls pretty hard but am wondering how accurate the hp and torque readings are on the infotainment screen. Mine will touch the 280ps mark some pulls and other pulls will clearly shoot past it a bit. The nm torque screen seems low though seems to go to about 270-290ish on the graph of 400. Wish it actually read horsepower and torque instead of ps and nm. But do these numbers seem kind of low?

#19 ·
You know..I haven't even been watching main n screen readings. I was just going off the chart after a couple good pulls and then looking at the graphs. I'll go out and watch THOSE readings and compare. my psi seems to peak around 14-15ish which seems normal. The graph readings make me feel my torque is lower than it should be but I'll respond back after I compare to the other screen since I wasn't looking at that before :p

#20 ·
Mine is same. Feels great. And dash cluster reads normal. But yea the touchscreen readings are really low. Maybe ur right I noticed it doesnt record all the stuff. So maybe it just takes readings at certain times. Mines having the startup issue based now for some reason. It went away for a bout a week and a half. Now its everyday

#27 · (Edited)
I'm a technician at Hyundai. Another reason I went with the N can work on it with all the specialty tools needed lol. Haven't personally seen or heard of hard start issue yet. Haven't seen any tsb on it either. I'll look into it. Have me curious on it now.

Reactions: Perfomance blue vn
#29 ·
Alright so didn't have a way to snapshot the torque reading on the normal n screen or cluster but it DID go just a hair below 400 like probably 380-390ish nm according to that mark. The nm graph still read much lower like 270ish as before so I'm gonna say the former is more accurate. My ps reading still goes a little out of the graph above 280 and the meter fills up 280 all the way on normal n screen.

Reactions: Perfomance blue vn
#39 ·
Alright so didn't have a way to snapshot the torque reading on the normal n screen or cluster but it DID go just a hair below 400 like probably 380-390ish nm according to that mark. The nm graph still read much lower like 270ish as before so I'm gonna say the former is more accurate. My ps reading still goes a little out of the graph above 280 and the meter fills up 280 all the way on normal n screen. View attachment 2950
This “power” screen on the touch screen display never goes above 200 for horsepower... but on the gauge cluster I see the usual 275ish :unsure:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.