Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post here. Tried searching all over kingdom come for this issue to no avail, so here goes.

I just hit 4200 miles on my 2020 N PP. I started racing the car in time trials last month. Decided I wanted to make some mods. Installed a Takeda intake, Velossa big mouth and a GFB BOV.

Last night, we were getting ready for a race this weekend, and my buddy suggested we check the info on the N mode app on the infotainment system to see if we can see a horsepower increase. I had never used it to see my HP and Boost etc.

We ran about ten minutes running through the gears around our industrial park, and the car seems to respond and act fantastic, BUT, the readings in the N mode app are ridiculiously low.

Topped out at 178HP and 9 pounds boost. The dash board indicator is showing it jumping to about 15-17 pounds, but now I'm concerned that the system isn't reading correctly, or the car has had HP issues from the beginning I didn't know about. I suppose I would notice a 100hp difference.

I also started playing with the acceleration app on the infotainment system. I went to a deserted road, and tried to use launch control with the acceleration app. Apparently, my launch control will never actually give me the "launch control active" notification AND the acceleration test never starts.

Has anyone had issues with I infotainment stuff? I'm going to get the car dynoed after the race, and probably take it to the dealer to get the electronics looked over, but I'm a bit confuzzled.

Thanks for reading my nonsense.

·
Registered
80 Posts
First post here. Tried searching all over kingdom come for this issue to no avail, so here goes.

I just hit 4200 miles on my 2020 N PP. I started racing the car in time trials last month. Decided I wanted to make some mods. Installed a Takeda intake, Velossa big mouth and a GFB BOV.

Last night, we were getting ready for a race this weekend, and my buddy suggested we check the info on the N mode app on the infotainment system to see if we can see a horsepower increase. I had never used it to see my HP and Boost etc.

We ran about ten minutes running through the gears around our industrial park, and the car seems to respond and act fantastic, BUT, the readings in the N mode app are ridiculiously low.

Topped out at 178HP and 9 pounds boost. The dash board indicator is showing it jumping to about 15-17 pounds, but now I'm concerned that the system isn't reading correctly, or the car has had HP issues from the beginning I didn't know about. I suppose I would notice a 100hp difference.

I also started playing with the acceleration app on the infotainment system. I went to a deserted road, and tried to use launch control with the acceleration app. Apparently, my launch control will never actually give me the "launch control active" notification AND the acceleration test never starts.

Has anyone had issues with I infotainment stuff? I'm going to get the car dynoed after the race, and probably take it to the dealer to get the electronics looked over, but I'm a bit confuzzled.

Thanks for reading my nonsense.
I. Noticed the same. Car is making plenty of power and boost it feels like. And in the dash it shows me hitting around 15 16 psi in turbo. but when I look on the graph in n mode it shows like 9 tops. Every time. Mostly around 3.5 or 4

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting to know I'm not alone on this one. Very strange. Today, I did disconnect the battery and reset. That got my acceleration test to work, but still the same problems on power and boost. Very odd.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'll disconnect my battery and see what happens Maybe we need to have software flashed at the dealer like I saw someone else say on here?? Not sure

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm. I'll have to look into that. Raced today and the car felt great. I need to get a set of 200 treadwear tires, but all in all felt great. My car was manufactured June 18 2019

·
Registered
80 Posts
I took mine around the back roads here. Feels awesome. But still get them low readings. I got an appt monday morn for my shifting issue. Gonna bring it up to em then I'll let you know what they say

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome. Thank you. Let me know. I still couldn't get my launch control on either. So irritating

·
Registered
80 Posts
Another wierd thing I noticed today. Not any kind of big deal but it's just a wtf kinda thing. I was washing it down and was looking at the n logo on the front grill. The red and black part on it are freaking stickers. But the n logos inside on the floor mats are painted red and black on those parts. I only noticed cause the little red part on my front grill one is getting loose it looks like. Crazy to me why you would paint the ones inside and the one on the front that takes the brunt of everything just put a sticker in it. Hahahaa. Sorry for the rant

·
Registered
80 Posts
Had appt this morning. And he saw the shifting issue. He said he was gonna call the field rep and ask what he knew about it and I go back on wed to see

·
Registered
80 Posts
The ecu flash I totally forgot to even mention because the part they had to fix on the front splitter they have to paint so I was dealing with that. I'll mention it wed. I did get my acceleration test to work tho. The graph reading r ridiculously low still tho. Hahah

·
Registered
115 Posts
Installed a Takeda intake, Velossa big mouth and a GFB BOV.

These are not power adders. You are basically stock and making stock power. So you should see stock numbers

The launch control has conditions. First gear, clutch in, engine warm. Floor the throttle, don't be gentle. If you depress the gas pedal like normal, it won't do it. The LC can only be used every few (5?) Minutes. So you can't go back-to-back

·
Registered
80 Posts
What I noticed is when the acceleration test is on screen if I dont touch the button that says accelerate to start before I go it doesnt time me. That why I thought it wasn't working to begin with. Is that normal?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts