Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
So Sebring Short was a great time. The car is a blast, I don’t think I want any more real power out of the car at the moment. I do need to work on figuring out better brake pads because the Hawks aren’t cutting it, will probably go with G-Loc pads. Boiled the paint on the calipers after session one. But by session four it had fixed itself

after I swapped my wheels

had to do some inventive engineering on my strut bar since it was rubbing the intake. (Bonus nice engine bay pic)

Also when I filled up after getting 7.4mpg the whole day, the fuel range seemed… optimistic….

·
Registered
4 Posts
Love the build you got here! Has definitely sparked my interest with the CTS-V brakes, I am wondering if you have any links or part numbers or specifications as to what brakes and rotors specifically fit? I do not know too much about evo x rotors or cts-v brakes in terms of if different years have different sizes and would hate to look into the wrong ones. Thank in advance for the feed back :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Love the build you got here! Has definitely sparked my interest with the CTS-V brakes, I am wondering if you have any links or part numbers or specifications as to what brakes and rotors specifically fit? I do not know too much about evo x rotors or cts-v brakes in terms of if different years have different sizes and would hate to look into the wrong ones. Thank in advance for the feed back :)
Heya, no worries at all. You can find the parts list along with a basic version of how to install the kit (they're installing on an older Elantra, not a Veloster N) here: CTS-V Brembo Big Brake How-To

I got the calipers from Rock Auto. The pads and hardware came from Amazon, and I got the rotors from a local Advance Auto. I personally use Evo X spec brake pads as well, since they are a little thicker than the CTSV pad sets.

Both myself and the person whose instructions I followed (someone else with a VN) are not running a 3mm spacer behind the rotor, the Veloster N does not need this, nor do you need to machine the calipers in any way. Just bolt them right on.

Be mindful of what paint you use too, I am paying the price for not using actual brake caliper paint after the track day now :(

·
Super Moderator
1,722 Posts
That sucks. Sorry to see that paint Bud.

Br,

-Mike

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
That sucks. Sorry to see that paint Bud.

Br,

-Mike
It is what it is. The paint underneath is orange, so I might just crack all of it off and see what happens. Alternatively I might buy another set of calipers and just leave them silver with the original cadillac V logos on it.

·
Super Moderator
1,722 Posts
People would certainly ask....Wow, what kind of brakes are those? (y)

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Heya, no worries at all. You can find the parts list along with a basic version of how to install the kit (they're installing on an older Elantra, not a Veloster N) here: CTS-V Brembo Big Brake How-To

I got the calipers from Rock Auto. The pads and hardware came from Amazon, and I got the rotors from a local Advance Auto. I personally use Evo X spec brake pads as well, since they are a little thicker than the CTSV pad sets.

Both myself and the person whose instructions I followed (someone else with a VN) are not running a 3mm spacer behind the rotor, the Veloster N does not need this, nor do you need to machine the calipers in any way. Just bolt them right on.

Be mindful of what paint you use too, I am paying the price for not using actual brake caliper paint after the track day now :(

View attachment 5791
Thank you! I am definitely going to look into doing this.

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
44 Posts
Man those breaks looks so good matching up, it's a shame that happened. I would maybe get them powder coated.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Man those breaks looks so good matching up, it's a shame that happened. I would maybe get them powder coated.
I have looked for hours on Prismatic Powder's website, and I can't find a similar colour. Plus I'd have to do the rears too. I think red will just be the easiest way for now.

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
44 Posts
I have looked for hours on Prismatic Powder's website, and I can't find a similar colour. Plus I'd have to do the rears too. I think red will just be the easiest way for now.
I have had a few things powder coated before (non-car related) and I know the shop I have local will do a custom mix to match another color, however that cost a bit more. Just wanted to throw that out there in case you wanted to try and make the orange work still. Yeah, red would be less hassle though!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Im also scared that it'll eventually brown or burn over time like the Evo calipers do. Basically anything that isn't silver will cook over time :cry: :LOL:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
So... I am an idiot and purchased a replica Bride Japan seat for my car a month or so ago. Anyhow, I installed it and immediately found out I was way too big for the seat. Out it came, I have ordered a suitable replacement from NRG, but will wait til it gets here to post pics ;)

21 - 36 of 36 Posts