Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This seems to be the first true CATLESS down pipe specifically for the N that can be purchased from the US I have found. It's definitely the best priced on the market and looks like good quality but do you guys think this would be a good buy? Are there any others out there I haven't been able to find on the internet.
Both xforce and sxth element make hi flow catted downpipes but not true catless.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have had issues with depo racing pipes not sounding well and build quality is you get what you pay for. I haven’t heard of anyone that has tried these yet. Interested to hear a review of this downpipe, but I am wary of that brand.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had issues with depo racing pipes not sounding well and build quality is you get what you pay for. I haven’t heard of anyone that has tried these yet. Interested to hear a review of this downpipe, but I am wary of that brand.
thanks for the insight, that actually does help. Might give it a try or wait and see what come on the market within the next 6 months or so.

·
Super Moderator
888 Posts
The Depot ones have no way to attach the heat shields either.

Here is the one I have. It has a 2500 degree Jet-Hot coating and is catless. Goes on next weekend.

Best regards,

-Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Your going to love it Ghost.... makes fun driving funner... driving fun squared? Dam thing came alive for me... BUT, the shop said they will never do a Veloster Down pipe again. They said 2 of the nuts got about 2 turns off, the seized up tighter than a nun's what's it. Eventually got one of the studs to come out but the other snapped. That cost me 1 hour extra labor... at $130hr. All in all however, this did do a great job just wish it did not cost $420... But I have been driving to get the smell of the machine oil to dissipate for the last little while and she is a dam thrill to drive. Really throws you back now. Looking for exhaust to finish the back half off, but from Factory to this, its different for sure. Let us know your install goes and what you think. Looks good man.

·
Super Moderator
888 Posts
I am certainly NOT looking forward to the install but I took 3 days to do it. A Friday, Saturday, and a Sunday. I will be taking my time and dousing every bolt in wd-40 first for a few hours. Hopefully that helps some? By all the comments, it sounds like the factory down pipe is a very big restriction. Thanks for all the help.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Super Moderator
888 Posts
IDK RTV, it could be sold for the right $ ;)

Br,

-Mike

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am certainly NOT looking forward to the install but I took 3 days to do it. A Friday, Saturday, and a Sunday. I will be taking my time and dousing every bolt in wd-40 first for a few hours. Hopefully that helps some? By all the comments, it sounds like the factory down pipe is a very big restriction. Thanks for all the help.

Best regards,

-Mike
It really is a restriction. I couldn't ever hear the turbo spool from giving some throttle at a stop. Now I do. ☺ My boost went near 20 after the initial install. And I was like 😱. Everything about a high flow downpipe just seemed like it made the car happier. I'm speaking in past tense because my car for some reason regressed a bit. The n button doesn't behave like it did before where there would be a huge audible difference just from clicking the button. And it just seems like it struggles to breathe and scream out the exhaust. Its boggy in n mode. Maybe I'll discover something once that borla system gets here. :whistle:

Note: I don't think the downpipe did this, I think I did something lol. a sensor went bad or some module adjusted itself

·
Registered
308 Posts
It really is a restriction. I couldn't ever hear the turbo spool from giving some throttle at a stop. Now I do. ☺ My boost went near 20 after the initial install. And I was like 😱. Everything about a high flow downpipe just seemed like it made the car happier. I'm speaking in past tense because my car for some reason regressed a bit. The n button doesn't behave like it did before where there would be a huge audible difference just from clicking the button. And it just seems like it struggles to breathe and scream out the exhaust. Its boggy in n mode. Maybe I'll discover something once that borla system gets here. :whistle:

Note: I don't think the downpipe did this, I think I did something lol. a sensor went bad or some module adjusted itself
Ecu adjusts itself frequently, so the most noticeable difference is usually right after installation. Until you get a tune, youll never really get that experience back again.
Sometimes disconnecting the battery for half an hour or so can give you a taste again for a few days though. I used to experience that every time i worked on the car and had to disconnect the battery

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ecu adjusts itself frequently, so the most noticeable difference is usually right after installation. Until you get a tune, youll never really get that experience back again.
Sometimes disconnecting the battery for half an hour or so can give you a taste again for a few days though. I used to experience that every time i worked on the car and had to disconnect the battery
Wooooowww D: that cursed stock mapping aye? Lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Depot ones have no way to attach the heat shields either.

Here is the one I have. It has a 2500 degree Jet-Hot coating and is catless. Goes on next weekend.

Best regards,

-Mike
where do I buy this? link?

·
Registered
308 Posts

probably the most expensive but cleanest looking. what do you guys think?
As far as im concerned its the only dp to guarantee no CEL and its ceramic coated. Id never pay full price for it though. I got mine for like 700 because of the pre-order deal

·
Super Moderator
888 Posts
Here is the link. No CEL with this one either due to the J-bend.

Best regards,

-Mike

Reactions: MikeMr305

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is the link. No CEL with this one either due to the J-bend.

Best regards,

-Mike
does no CEL mean you'll have check engine light on with this?

·
Super Moderator
888 Posts
It means there will NOT be a check engine light on after install. Hope this helped?

Best regards,

-Mike

Reactions: utspoolup

·
Super Moderator
888 Posts
Not doing it till next Friday. I have next Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off. I figured I'd give my old a$$ 3 days to do it. Lol... Friday morning I start. Not looking forward to it but it needs to be done.

Br,

-Mike

·
Registered
308 Posts
Not doing it till next Friday. I have next Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off. I figured I'd give my old a$$ 3 days to do it. Lol... Friday morning I start. Not looking forward to it but it needs to be done.

Br,

-Mike
With 3 days it shouldn't be bad at all. The job itself isnt really hard, its the stress of snapping something you shouldn't have snapped thats hard 😂
I only had 1 day to do it so looking back i over exaggerated a bit, but it was my first real big solo job and my heart was in my throat the whole time.
You and your son should have absolutely no major issues taking your time.

The only thing i honestly have no idea how you're going to be able to rebolt on is the bottom support for the cat side of the downpipe.
I remember removing it and hoping the sxth didnt have that because how tf can you even reach that again

1 - 20 of 40 Posts