Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally joining the forum. So happy with the purchase of a 2020 VN PP chalk white. Will be using this as a daily and Autox platform and documenting the entire thing on our Shiftinglanes YouTube channel.

The car reminds me so much of my old 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX, albeit it’s VERY different. Its steering is fantastic, shifter feels nice, seats are highly supportive, and it feels spartan and budget in a lot of places that’s not critical to driving.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Only thing I wish it had is remote start with the blue link I unfortunately discovered today that my n doesnt have remote start. Only negative I've discovered so far. Lol

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
This^ for sure!:grin:

@Shifting Lanes, mate I can appreciate your zealousness but use of this Forum for the purpose of advertisement of your YouTube Channel, boosting your subscribers and you're paycheck from YouTube, is against forum rules.

You and I both know what you're doing. You need to get approval from the administration staff. Follow the Forum rules, everyone else does and you need to do so as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This^ for sure!:grin:

@Shifting Lanes, mate I can appreciate your zealousness but use of this Forum for the purpose of advertisement of your YouTube Channel, boosting your subscribers and you're paycheck from YouTube, is against forum rules.

You and I both know what you're doing. You need to get approval from the administration staff. Follow the Forum rules, everyone else does and you need to do so as well.
As per the other post, I have to ask for clarification of the rules. Can you provide me with an excerpt where it states I need to get approval from admin staff?

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I'm not going to go back and forth with you about this. I'm going to let the admin deal with you straight up. You know what you're engaged in and so do I.

We have one paid vendor on this forum and that's Boomba Racing. If you want to advertise your YouTube page, then get permission and pay, just like them. You don't see anyone else advertising except them do you? They pay for the privilege of doing so, your not.

You're attempting to utilize this and another forum for the purpose free advertisement for your personal YouTube webpage. So, in hopes of increasing your subscriptions and paycheck from YouTube,. That's the truth of it! You want to comply with the forum rules; then quit posting Shifting Lanes YouTube Videos, change your username, remove the links in your signature or pay for the privilege to do so. Then you'll be in compliance with the forum policies and it's rules.

Read this carefully in its entirety[B, then do what you're supposed to as required;

https://www.verticalscope.com/aboutus/tos.php?site=velostern.com

>The Web Site is provided for informational purposes only, and is not intended for trading or investing purposes, or for commercial use.

>Use the Web Site to advertise or solicit to anyone to buy or sell products or services, to cease using the Web Site, to visit another competing Website (your YouTube Links & your username which represents another competing business), or to make donations of any kind, without our express written approval..

You're engaged in this by advertising this as an editor and blogger on; Shifting Lanes.

You haven't requested and complied with any of the policies and rules but took it upon yourself to circumvent and violate the policies and rules of this forum. It's your responsibility to read and adhere to the policies and rules of the forum.

We've had Hyundai Dealership Salesman come here and attempt to utilize this forum as a free advertising base and they were banned! End of conversation, it's reported as a violation to Verticalscope, the owners of the Website!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not going to go back and forth with you about this. I'm going to let the admin deal with you straight up. You know what you're engaged in and so do I.

We have one paid vendor on this forum and that's Boomba Racing. If you want to advertise your YouTube page, then get permission and pay, just like them. You don't see anyone else advertising except them do you? They pay for the privilege of doing so, your not.

You're attempting to utilize this and another forum for the purpose free advertisement for your personal YouTube webpage. So, in hopes of increasing your subscriptions and paycheck from YouTube,. That's the truth of it! You want to comply with the forum rules; then quit posting Shifting Lanes YouTube Videos, change your username, remove the links in your signature or pay for the privilege to do so. Then you'll be in compliance with the forum policies and it's rules.

Read this carefully in its entirety[B, then do what you're supposed to as required;

https://www.verticalscope.com/aboutus/tos.php?site=velostern.com

>The Web Site is provided for informational purposes only, and is not intended for trading or investing purposes, or for commercial use.

>Use the Web Site to advertise or solicit to anyone to buy or sell products or services, to cease using the Web Site, to visit another competing Website (your YouTube Links & your username which represents another competing business), or to make donations of any kind, without our express written approval..

You're engaged in this by advertising this as an editor and blogger on; Shifting Lanes.

You haven't requested and complied with any of the policies and rules but took it upon yourself to circumvent and violate the policies and rules of this forum. It's your responsibility to read and adhere to the policies and rules of the forum.

We've had Hyundai Dealership Salesman come here and attempt to utilize this forum as a free advertising base and they were banned! End of conversation, it's reported as a violation to Verticalscope, the owners of the Website!

I've reached out to the Admin and have not heard back about clarification on the rules. I would like to propose that the link you posted on the Verticalscope page be made more easily accessible, listed within the forum rules, or at least stickied somewhere on the forum so that it's easily searchable.

As for "Use the Web Site to advertise or solicit to anyone to buy or sell products or services, to cease using the Web Site, to visit another competing Web Site, or to make donations of any kind, without our express written approval." I do not consider embedding my own YouTube video, which is a capability provided by the forum, to be advertising or soliciting anyone to buy any products (regardless whether there is a sponsored segment within the video or not).

If you believe that the tens or hundreds of views generated from a forum produces a real paycheck from YouTube then I don't think you truly understand how YouTube works.

Being that monetization depends on how many subscribers you have, would you consider a smaller channel that currently cannot monetize to not be "advertising" and larger channels that can monetize to be "advertising"? I'm just trying to understand the forum's, and perhaps your definition of advertising.

And finally, as for "change your username, remove the links in your signature or pay for the privilege to do so. Then you'll be in compliance with the forum policies and it's rules." I'm really confused here... Is this stated anywhere in the rules or etiquette or are you just making these rules up?

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I know exactly how YouTube works mate. You're advertising for them as a contractor. With enough subscribers you also set up a donation account for your channel. Shifting Lanes is set up as an advertiser for YouTube. This is commercial advertisement for YouTube and 3rd party sponsors, which you advertise specifically on the channel.

Also advertises for multiple other companies as sponsors, Armor Shield IX for one and there are others. Nuff said, stop the deception.

Also, you even advertise this as a commercial business on ever video post on YouTube;

For business inquiries email us:
[email protected]
Verticalscope Policies and Rules;

>Use the Web Site to a advertise or solicit to anyone to buy or sell products or services, to cease using the Web Site, to visit another competing Website, or to make donations of any kind, without our express written approval.

These are just two of the policy violations. You represent Shifting Lanes a YouTube commercial, business venture and advertiser, along with advertising for other 3rd party companies within those specific videos on your YouTube Channel. You're competing with Verticalscope on their own websites as a commercial business venture, without their expressed written approval.

You've already got warned by the other website, they're aware of your deception and are watching you very closely.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know exactly how YouTube works mate. You're advertising for them. With enough subscribers YouTube will also set up a donation account for your channel. Shifting Lanes is set up as an advertiser for YouTube. This is commercial advertisement fro YouTube.

>Use the Web Site to aadvertise or solicit to anyone to buy or sell products or services, to cease using the Web Site, to visit another competing Website , or to make donations of any kind, without our express written approval.

This is just one of the policy violations. You represent a YouTube commercial business venture and advertiser plain and simple!
I'm advertising for YouTube because I'm embedding a YouTube video? So you're saying no YouTube videos are allowed?

It might be easier for you to become an admin here and enforce the rules yourself, because I cannot understand your requirements. In the meantime, I encourage you to report all the posts that I have that don't fulfill your set of rules.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Not my requirements or rules mate, theirs "Verticalscope," the owners of this as well as many other like websites. You just have to comply to them like everyone else, not attempt to be the exception.

I have reported them and I'm sure Verticalscope will make up their mind as to what they want to do. Not what you want to do, beyond their users Policy and rules.:grin:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You've already got warned by the other website, they're aware of your deception and are watching you very closely.
Now we're deceptive? You have any other adjectives you want to throw my direction? Also, it seems like "warned" on the other website is a response by the username "R Veloster N" as per this screenshot. I'm not sure if the admins are watching us closely, but that guy might be

We have asked the admin staff there and they are perfectly fine with how we are posting.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Crossposting from another forum (a competitor)is not authorized mate. This is also a rules and policy violation. This ^ just further demonstrates your deceptive nature.

Old saying goes like this; "when you're in a hole and want to get out, stop digging!":grin:

Oh they're watching, I can guarantee it and it's not perfectly fine either.:grin:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Crossposting from another forum (a competitor) is not authorized mate. This is also a rules and policy violation. Give'em a shovel, and they'll dig an even deeper hole. This ^ just further demonstrates your deceptive nature.
Oh no! not another violation! I don't understand how I keep doing this. I'm going to self incarcerate and send myself to Veloster N forum jail

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I'm advertising for YouTube because I'm embedding a YouTube video? So you're saying no YouTube videos are allowed?

It might be easier for you to become an admin here and enforce the rules yourself, because I cannot understand your requirements. In the meantime, I encourage you to report all the posts that I have that don't fulfill your set of rules.
Yes you are and of personal your very own personal YouTube business. Which we've already established plainly. I have!:grin: Which I will again add, is a violation of Verticlescopes and the Veloster N forum policies and rules. We as members have to follow the rules, so do you.

Posting videos is not a problem, with the exception of self promotion of a personal YouTube or other business, especially when you're not paying for the privilege like other vendors are.

Nah, I don't need to but you need to adhere to the established rules and policies just like everyone else, which in fact you agreed to. Most forum users have the ability to police themselves when a few get out of line. It also assists the forum staff who are volunteers. When users who are not inline with the forum rules, policies and etiquette, continue to flagrantly violate them after being warned, is when the staff is brought in. This is how all forums work, no matter what the subject matter.

Right now you're purposefully, with design being the exception. Fair warning, when you get warned at the moderator or staff level it becomes a black mark against you and it stays with you, especially if you're a continued disruption to the norm that is specified.

Accept this is a friendly reminder and gesture of goodwill, because this is what it's intended to be.
Of course, if you ask or insist in me to reporting your threads (as you already have), I will most certainly oblige. You're purposefully drawing attention to yourself, for your personal reasons of monetary gain. Most certainly in lieu of the facts, that you're violating the established forum rules and policies with intent.

Verticalscope and the Veloster N forum established the parameters at which member utilize this forum, not you or I. You agreed to it just like everyone else. The intent is, for everyone to obey what has been set forth by them, not to do their own thing. Same thing happens daily in life itself. Rules are meant to be followed for good reasons not meant to be broken.:smile:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Posting videos is not a problem, with the exception of self promotion of a personal YouTube or other business, especially when you're not paying for the privilege like other vendors are.
Here you are making your own rules again. Again, I encourage you to become an admin here and enforce the rules yourself. Be the change you want to see in the world :smile:

The current "forum rules" link down below leads to a page that is quite thin, pretty much empty. and there are no links to the verticalscope page that, in your opinion, I have violated rules from. I suggest you make a post listing out the rules you want to see, submit it to an admin, and have them update the "forum rules" link.

In the meantime, I will keep making my content and posting them on here if they are relevant to the Veloster N community. If my posts don't meet your criteria then by all means report them.

Can you also explain how posting a screenshot counts "crossposting" I'm confused by that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts