Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Manual Performance Blue N, stock. PPF on front.
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Mercedes AMG A45S is my dream hot hatch.
Unfortunately they choose not to bring it to North America.
-I like everything about this car.
-0-60 in 3.14 seconds...are you kidding me.
-500hp from a 2.0L four cylinder engine...what....!!!!!
-Talk about the ultimate sleeper.
-The interior is amazing.
I can only hope Mercedes will bring it to NA in the near future.

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
430 Posts
I wonder what the "support" costs might be? You don't maintain German cars; you support them.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wonder what the "support" costs might be? You don't maintain German cars; you support them.
I've owned a Porsche and did most of the maintenance myself.
I don't think the "support" costs for the Mercedes would be higher than Porsche, buy no doubt be higher than the N.

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
430 Posts
I've owned a Porsche and did most of the maintenance myself.
I don't think the "support" costs for the Mercedes would be higher than Porsche, buy no doubt be higher than the N.
Fair enough. I have a friend with a Carrera 4 and he does most of his maintenance himself too. I think that car has been pretty reliable for him as I recall. It is a 2007 model, I believe.

·
Super Moderator
1,793 Posts
I love the performance of the engine but the looks of it I think need to grow on me.

Br,

-Mike

·
Registered
113 Posts
I agree this is the pinnacle of hot hatch’s. It’s also like 45k base. There’s no way I’m paying that much for a hatch back. The whole point of a hatch back IMO is affordable/sporty/spacious. Take one of those away you lose the soul of the hot hatch. Again IMO.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree this is the pinnacle of hot hatch’s. It’s also like 45k base. There’s no way I’m paying that much for a hatch back. The whole point of a hatch back IMO is affordable/sporty/spacious. Take one of those away you lose the soul of the hot hatch. Again IMO.
No, the AMG A45S Starts at around $68,000 USD or $88,000 CDN.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I could not imagine someone saying they had 70k to spend on a car and they bought a hot hatch. That’s probably why they don’t sell them in the US because no one would buy them.
They are getting over 500hp with a simple tune from a 4 cylinder turbo engine capable of a 0-60 of 3.1 seconds, which is in supercar territory, plus it handles like it's on rails.
I would buy one in a minute if it was sold in Canada.
Talk about the ultimate sleeper.
It kinda makes the Veloster N's 4 cylinder, 275hp look like nothing.

·
Registered
113 Posts
They are getting over 500hp with a simple tune from a 4 cylinder turbo engine capable of a 0-60 of 3.1 seconds, which is in supercar territory, plus it handles like it's on rails.
I would buy one in a minute if it was sold in Canada.
Talk about the ultimate sleeper.
It kinda makes the Veloster N's 4 cylinder, 275hp look like nothing.
So your going to spend over 70k for hatch back then void the warranty by tuning it, just to have the ultimate sleeper. You must have money coming out of your ears! What are you doing buying a veloster N with 275hp aka nothing. There are plenty of other hatches that are faster and better then the veloster N but they cost more. Golf R, focus RS, etc.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So your going to spend over 70k for hatch back then void the warranty by tuning it, just to have the ultimate sleeper. You must have money coming out of your ears! What are you doing buying a veloster N with 275hp aka nothing. There are plenty of other hatches that are faster and better then the veloster N but they cost more. Golf R, focus RS, etc.
I never said I'd void the warranty by tuning it, I just gave an example that you can get over 500 horsepower from that specific 2.0L four cylinder engine, which is frankly unbelievable.
I'd be more than happy with the 421 horsepower that comes stock with the A45S.
Unfortunately Mercedes will not sell that vehicle in North America because for some reason North Americans have yet to embrace hatchbacks like the Europeans do.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I never said I'd void the warranty by tuning it, I just gave an example that you can get over 500 horsepower from that specific 2.0L four cylinder engine, which is frankly unbelievable.
I'd be more than happy with the 421 horsepower that comes stock with the A45S.
Unfortunately Mercedes will not sell that vehicle in North America because for some reason North Americans have yet to embrace hatchbacks like the Europeans do.
Never answered my question, what are you doing driving a 30k veloster N if you are prepared to drop 70k on a Mercedes hatch back. It seems like you want and can afford a much nicer car.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Never answered my question, what are you doing driving a 30k veloster N if you are prepared to drop 70k on a Mercedes hatch back. It seems like you want and can afford a much nicer car.
Of course I can afford a way, way nicer car than the N.
However, it makes no sense to me to buy an expensive sports car and park it on the street or driveway when I currently don't have a garage to park it in.
Common Sense here.
Once I move into a house with a garage, I plan on buying my dream car, a new manual Porsche GT3.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
We had an GLA 45 AMG and it was a mover indeed. With a few upgrades it will out run a Porsche Turbo up to 135 mph. With its hand built 4 cylinder motor it’s a really fast car.

They eliminated it from the AMG lineup this past year and I believe it was a mistake. The CLA 45 AMG is still in the lineup with the same engine.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I would still take a GLA 45amg. I actually crossed shopped the GLA 45AMG before I bought the VN but there was none with under 60K miles and i don't trust a middle aged Euro car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts