Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nothing wrong with that grey color at all.
That's the color the DCT equipped car I test drove came in.
I like that grey a lot, second only to Performance blue.
The great thing about the lighter grey is that it won't show the dirt, dust or scratches that much, compared to darker colors.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Thank you sir! Performance Blue is my favourite colour too— but I decided against it because I was too self conscious. I have anxiety over attracting the wrong type of attention. I saw another 2021 on the road today as I was bringing mine home. Pulled up beside the guy and we both had our windows down with stupid grins on our faces. He said “awesome colour!” and I responded with “Was just about to say the same thing about yours!” (Performance Blue) was a nice “first day” encounter. Back seat photo attached for Fluxxed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I already have a grey VW TDI Sportwagen, and I really don't want 2 grey cars, otherwise I would have seriously considered the grey one.
I like the grey because it's similar to the Audi Nardo grey.
I like the Performance Blue because it's a very rare color, and it's light enough that it won't show the dirt and dust.
I owned a black 1991 Acura NSX and it was the most high maintenance color I've ever owned. I would wash and detail it in the morning, put it in the garage and when I took it out in the afternoon it would be covered in dust, plus black is the worst for showing scratches and swirl marks.
I swore after that car I would never own another black car.

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
I already have a grey VW TDI Sportwagen, and I really don't want 2 grey cars, otherwise I would have seriously considered the grey one.
I like the grey because it's similar to the Audi Nardo grey.
I like the Performance Blue because it's a very rare color, and it's light enough that it won't show the dirt and dust.
I owned a black 1991 Acura NSX and it was the most high maintenance color I've ever owned. I would wash and detail it in the morning, put it in the garage and when I took it out in the afternoon it would be covered in dust, plus black is the worst for showing scratches and swirl marks.
I swore after that car I would never own another black car.
Mmm the OG nsx is my spirit animal. Someone around here used to have it in championship white with the type R white rims and it was one of the most gorgeous cars ive ever seen. The red accents complimented it as well. Not sure if it was an actual nsx type R. Not even sure if it was right hand drive. I wonder what happened to it 🤔

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thank you sir! Performance Blue is my favourite colour too— but I decided against it because I was too self conscious. I have anxiety over attracting the wrong type of attention. I saw another 2021 on the road today as I was bringing mine home. Pulled up beside the guy and we both had our windows down with stupid grins on our faces. He said “awesome colour!” and I responded with “Was just about to say the same thing about yours!” (Performance Blue) was a nice “first day” encounter. Back seat photo attached for Fluxxed. View attachment 3613
Thanks for this! Looks like the rear seats got the improved materials too, just wanted to make sure.

I do love that gray, but I had to go for the performance blue, it’s one of my favorite colors I’ve seen on a car, it’s very unique (and the matching interior belts/trim look great). Crazy that you’ve already run into another 2021 - I’ve still yet to see a Veloster N out in the wild.

I echo everyone else’s sentiments about owning a black car. My current car is black and although it looks great when clean, it’s practically impossible to keep clean and shows every little bit of dust/dirt/salt that touches it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Who the hell buys an N for milage though
I averaged 16 for the first half year and now average about 20-22 with mods. If you want milage buy a base model corolla, dont expect to get 20 mpg unless you live on highways
Man, how is your mileage that poor? My driving is like 60% city most of the time and I'm still averaging 24-25 when I do that. Normally I'm getting 29-30 mpg though when I'm on the highway.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Man, how is your mileage that poor? My driving is like 60% city most of the time and I'm still averaging 24-25 when I do that. Normally I'm getting 29-30 mpg though when I'm on the highway.
This car is practically my first everything. First new car (that isn't a lease), first manual, first sports car, plus i have very short commutes and city driving here is unbearable. Its like 90% stop 10% actually driving. So a mix of all those things and never not being in N mode and trying to make it pop = 16mpg for the first half year or so. As i learned to drive it, upgraded it, and calmed down a bit on the road I've actually been getting around 20 in the city 25+ on highways but i never stay on 25+ for long because I get bored. Again i bought a sports car to have fun in a sports car so i try not to worry about mpg so much.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts