Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

Registered
Faux leather was the best. I had a super light beige leatherette on my old vw passat and it NEVER got dirty. No stains from pants or food or anything and generic baby wipes would clean up pretty much anything else. The dealership was begging me to not buy it after my lease ended (apparently taking care of your car isn't normal) but my parents ended up financing it for themselves and its still bright and clean to this day. In comparison, i feel like these cloth seats on the N are a mess! I can visually see the dust and dirt trapped in the pores and it reslly bothers me and i have no idea how to properly deep clean cloth seats as ive always had leather so ive really wanted to just rid myself of them. Even the back seats seem dusty and no one has ever been in the back of my car 馃槀

Registered
Faux leather was the best. I had a super light beige leatherette on my old vw passat and it NEVER got dirty. No stains from pants or food or anything and generic baby wipes would clean up pretty much anything else. The dealership was begging me to not buy it after my lease ended (apparently taking care of your car isn't normal) but my parents ended up financing it for themselves and its still bright and clean to this day. In comparison, i feel like these cloth seats on the N are a mess! I can visually see the dust and dirt trapped in the pores and it reslly bothers me and i have no idea how to properly deep clean cloth seats as ive always had leather so ive really wanted to just rid myself of them. Even the back seats seem dusty and no one has ever been in the back of my car 馃槀
I'd be lying if I said those new seats weren't a big part of the reason I put down on a 2021... Really excited to see and try them in person (though that may be a while). They definitely look more premium than the seats in the 19-20, but I've heard really good things (re: comfort/practicality) about the cloth seats in the 19-20s, so hopefully the 2021 seats are just as comfortable since this'll be my daily driver.

Registered
I'd be lying if I said those new seats weren't a big part of the reason I put down on a 2021... Really excited to see and try them in person (though that may be a while). They definitely look more premium than the seats in the 19-20, but I've heard really good things (re: comfort/practicality) about the cloth seats in the 19-20s, so hopefully the 2021 seats are just as comfortable since this'll be my daily driver.
The cloth seats aren't amazingly comfortable and im almost 100% sure the nicer materials on the buckets seats will make it more tolerable for me lol even if the ride becomes a bit harsher i didnt buy a sports car to be comfortable after all and nothing screams sports car like some beautiful bucket seats

Registered
Grats on the car! Is it just me, or are those rotors looking grooved/hot spotted like someone was driving the piss out of the car and slamming the brakes? Perhaps it's just the lighting of the picture. If not, you should inquire and get them to replace that. I didn't let anyone drive my Veloster when it came off the truck. I did the PDI and everything. Didn't want some dumb lot porter to joy ride it.

Registered
These are the interior shots I took on 鈥渄eal鈥 day. I though I put them in the thread but maybe they aren鈥檛 showing up. I didn鈥檛 take a pic of the back seats though... sorry! View attachment 3539 View attachment 3540
THANK YOU! Wow - that really does look nice and it seems like it would be worth the wait on a 2021 vs getting a 2020. Those seats look awesome! Have you driven it quite a bit since purchasing it and if so - how does it feel/drive like?

Registered
Discussion Starter #66
THANK YOU! Wow - that really does look nice and it seems like it would be worth the wait on a 2021 vs getting a 2020. Those seats look awesome! Have you driven it quite a bit since purchasing it and if so - how does it feel/drive like?
Hey! Haven鈥檛 driven it at all鈥 getting 3m film and window tint installed before delivery. I pick it up next Friday! I drove the 2020 twice and loved it鈥 but knew the 2021 changes would be worth the wait as my current lease was coming up for renewal. Considered the new GTI but VW couldn鈥檛 confirm when it would be available. Will post some impressions next Friday when I return from the dealership. Buying cars In Canada is a little weird. I鈥檝e never taken a car home the same day I bought it. It鈥檚 always a week later.

Registered
Hey! Haven鈥檛 driven it at all鈥 getting 3m film and window tint installed before delivery. I pick it up next Friday! I drove the 2020 twice and loved it鈥 but knew the 2021 changes would be worth the wait as my current lease was coming up for renewal. Considered the new GTI but VW couldn鈥檛 confirm when it would be available. Will post some impressions next Friday when I return from the dealership. Buying cars In Canada is a little weird. I鈥檝e never taken a car home the same day I bought it. It鈥檚 always a week later.
I am curious about the new GTI as well but honestly - I think the VN will be a better 鈥榙rivers car鈥 than the GTI (which seems weird to say) and this is coming from a VW fan boy haha. I like the GTI and have consider the MK7.5 as a daily to go along with the Z but the more and more - i think if I have a daily - it will be one of 3 vehicles - Tacoma 4x4, VN or a Civic Type R. The problem I have with the CTR is that they don鈥檛 go down in price as far as used ones - it almost seems better to bite the bullet and get a new one than to get a used one/possbily one with issues such as the 鈥榣ockout鈥 on the transmission or to get one that might have been modded and have the warranty get voided.

Registered
I am curious about the new GTI as well but honestly - I think the VN will be a better 鈥榙rivers car鈥 than the GTI (which seems weird to say) and this is coming from a VW fan boy haha. I like the GTI and have consider the MK7.5 as a daily to go along with the Z but the more and more - i think if I have a daily - it will be one of 3 vehicles - Tacoma 4x4, VN or a Civic Type R. The problem I have with the CTR is that they don鈥檛 go down in price as far as used ones - it almost seems better to bite the bullet and get a new one than to get a used one/possbily one with issues such as the 鈥榣ockout鈥 on the transmission or to get one that might have been modded and have the warranty get voided.
In florida, used 2017 type Rs still go 35k. Ive seen used type rs in the 40s which make no sense. Even with the price increase every year the newest type r is like 37k so why tf are all the used ones more expensive???

If you plan on keeping the VN for life or at least a Looooooong time, the depreciation shouldn't matter but do be warned, this car depreciated so fast i was DENIED a refinance after only 6 months because the value dropped to like 18k which is ridiculous but w.e. i plan to keep the car until it explodes so i dont really care lol

Registered
In florida, used 2017 type Rs still go 35k. Ive seen used type rs in the 40s which make no sense. Even with the price increase every year the newest type r is like 37k so why tf are all the used ones more expensive???

If you plan on keeping the VN for life or at least a Looooooong time, the depreciation shouldn't matter but do be warned, this car depreciated so fast i was DENIED a refinance after only 6 months because the value dropped to like 18k which is ridiculous but w.e. i plan to keep the car until it explodes so i dont really care lol
Thanks for sharing. So i鈥檝e been watching a YT channel called The Auto Advocate and they are saying that the prices of used cars are extremely high right now bc of the pandemic (Capt Obvious moment I know haha). But they were saying that since the 2020s there was a shortage it was driving the used market up. that if you were to sell your car - now is the best time bc of the demand for inventory. I noticed on my Z (another car that depreciates like a rock haha) - they were giving me a good deal. I just couldn鈥檛 justify it bc I would be getting a good deal on trade in but a bad deal on a car purchase....so no bueno.

Right now I鈥檓 leaning towards the CTR - but will have to do some saving for it first - i think I want to keep my Z and just continue to mod it and compare it to the CTR. If the CTR just 鈥榤akes sense鈥 then I鈥檒l get rid of the Z. But right now - I won鈥檛 be in the market for anything for AT LEAST 2 yrs - and I typically look for used; but the CTR might be the exception. The VN is 2nd on my list bc hatchback and fun little car that I probably wouldn鈥檛 mod at all - whereas the CTR would require a different wheel and tire setup bc of how bad those wheels are (at least according to the forum) and the tire I would prefer 18s. As for depreciation - WOW - yeah, if you keep a car for minimum 5yrs - possibly even longer - then depreciation is a whatever type of situation

Registered
Would love to see some pictures of the backseat too once you pick up the car - I'm curious to see how the backseats differ from the 19-20s since I know the Korean '21s had the leather/alcantara backseats as well. Are the backseats the same leather/canvas combination as the front-seats now too?

Registered
Thanks for sharing. So i鈥檝e been watching a YT channel called The Auto Advocate and they are saying that the prices of used cars are extremely high right now bc of the pandemic (Capt Obvious moment I know haha). But they were saying that since the 2020s there was a shortage it was driving the used market up. that if you were to sell your car - now is the best time bc of the demand for inventory. I noticed on my Z (another car that depreciates like a rock haha) - they were giving me a good deal. I just couldn鈥檛 justify it bc I would be getting a good deal on trade in but a bad deal on a car purchase....so no bueno.

Right now I鈥檓 leaning towards the CTR - but will have to do some saving for it first - i think I want to keep my Z and just continue to mod it and compare it to the CTR. If the CTR just 鈥榤akes sense鈥 then I鈥檒l get rid of the Z. But right now - I won鈥檛 be in the market for anything for AT LEAST 2 yrs - and I typically look for used; but the CTR might be the exception. The VN is 2nd on my list bc hatchback and fun little car that I probably wouldn鈥檛 mod at all - whereas the CTR would require a different wheel and tire setup bc of how bad those wheels are (at least according to the forum) and the tire I would prefer 18s. As for depreciation - WOW - yeah, if you keep a car for minimum 5yrs - possibly even longer - then depreciation is a whatever type of situation
Also remember that depreciation can be location dependent as well. There are used 2019 VN's around me with 16k miles still selling for $26k. Now that is still a decent bit of depreciation but nothing nearly extreme as the $18k mentioned above

Registered
Discussion Starter #72
Would love to see some pictures of the backseat too once you pick up the car - I'm curious to see how the backseats differ from the 19-20s since I know the Korean '21s had the leather/alcantara backseats as well. Are the backseats the same leather/canvas combination as the front-seats now too?
Stopped by today to check out the tint. Looks good! Will take back seat pictures when she comes home on Friday!

Registered
That tint looks fantastic! What % is that? That'll be the first thing I do to mine once I get my hands on it... Unfortunately the legal limits around me aren't very generous, so my tint probably won't be that dark. The lighter tint on the front looks great cause you still can see those beautiful bucket seats peeking through...

Also, digging the 'fit - did you plan out the flannel matching with your car? ;)

Super Moderator
Looks great!

Br,

-Mike

Reactions: Ulysses19

Registered
Discussion Starter #75
That tint looks fantastic! What % is that? That'll be the first thing I do to mine once I get my hands on it... Unfortunately the legal limits around me aren't very generous, so my tint probably won't be that dark. The lighter tint on the front looks great cause you still can see those beautiful bucket seats peeking through...

Also, digging the 'fit - did you plan out the flannel matching with your car? ;)
When September rolls around, I exclusively wear flannel until mid March! Didn鈥檛 plan the outfit but happy I wore that shirt if only to compare shades of grey! The tint is 20% all around, or it may be a combo of 20% and 25% since I did request the front windows to be a bit lighter if possible. Most tint shops don鈥檛 stock every % of tint possible so sometimes you have to search around a bit if you want something very specific. Ty for the compliments! This cyber grey looks like a different shade every time I see it.

Registered
The seats for Canada are the same shape and design as the ones in Korea, with the faux leather exterior and cloth centers. The seats in Korea look like they get Alcantara centers.
They also get the option of a sunroof.
The cloth seats in the 2020 N are the main reason I held off buying one and waited for the 2021, they look really cheap and seem to always look dirty/dusty. If I had bought a 2020 I'd definitely be looking to swap the seats for the new buckets which look and feel fantastic.
I wish an all leather seat was an option on the 2021 N, love the look, smell, feel and ease of cleaning of leather. Also leather does not absorbe odors like cloth seats.

Someone mentioned in this thread that they were leaning towards the manual transmission for better mileage, well this is not true in the case in the Veloster N. The 8 speed DCT N gets significantly better mileage than the manual N.

Attachments

Registered
The seats for Canada are the same shape and design as the ones in Korea, with the faux leather exterior and cloth centers. The seats in Korea look like they get Alcantara centers.
They also get the option of a sunroof.
The cloth seats in the 2020 N are the main reason I held off buying one and waited for the 2021, they look really cheap and seem to always look dirty/dusty. If I had bought a 2020 I'd definitely be looking to swap the seats for the new buckets which look and feel fantastic.
I wish an all leather seat was an option on the 2021 N, love the look, smell, feel and ease of cleaning of leather. Also leather does not absorbe odors like cloth seats.

Someone mentioned in this thread that they were leaning towards the manual transmission for better mileage, well this is not true in the case in the Veloster N. The 8 speed DCT N gets significantly better mileage than the manual N.
According to the values registered on FuelEconomy.org, the DCT gets worse mileage than the manual in both city and highway driving.

Also referenced here in this CarBuzz article on the 2021 N: The Manual Veloster N Has One Big Benefit Over The DCT.

Registered
Who the hell buys an N for milage though
I averaged 16 for the first half year and now average about 20-22 with mods. If you want milage buy a base model corolla, dont expect to get 20 mpg unless you live on highways

Registered
Discussion Starter #80
Really starting to dig that light gray. In the beginning I was kind of meh, but it's look great in these latest pix. Congrats!
Thank you! I wanted to cry when I first saw it lol. The sales associate sent me a pic to let me know my car was in and advised me to try not to be upset with the colour. It was ordered under the promise that it was a very very dark metallic grey. I definitely hated the colour from the photos sent to me. Looked like an unpainted car with primer on it. But... then I saw it in person, took more photos, saw it in different light conditions, and realized it is quite gorgeous. Ty for your kind words! It's my second fav colour now.

61 - 80 of 87 Posts