Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
I expect the 2021 Ns to be significantly cheeper new in a year or so, so used isnt necessarily the only option. I remember seeing 2019s for like 6k off msrp when the 2020s rolled in.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would wait to be honest. Patience is a virtue! I was looking at the Type R before I got my 2020 N and finance department played hard ball big time while I had nothing to hide and nothing negative or late on the bureau. Not sure the price difference in US dollars over a 2020 N and R, but the R is way more expensive which is understandable because it’s quicker, but not by much. Same 0-60 time, AND the N sounds WAY better and that‘s straight from the factory. The R sounds like a sewing machine. No customization with the drives modes and once you spend all that money, you’re telling me I have to spend more money to make it sound better? That’s like buying a 4Matic Mercedes and putting a aftermarket exhaust while I could of just bought a AMG.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I expect the 2021 Ns to be significantly cheeper new in a year or so, so used isnt necessarily the only option. I remember seeing 2019s for like 6k off msrp when the 2020s rolled in.
You're probably right for most areas - the last few 2019 Ns in my area are still going for MSRP (or barely under) right now - and I know they're being bought because I've been keeping tabs on the (dwindling) stock. The 2020s still go for MSRP and sell same day. Similarly, I've heard folks in places like Cali can't get one for MSRP and they're all marked up. Hell, I just saw one go up in New York for nearly $10,000 over MSRP last week. Car dealerships are wild. Looks like the car is still listed, so hopefully no one falls for that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Cars tend to go for MSRP+fees around where I am, but used cars are often marked up a surprising amount. It's and odd shopping experience. The civic I currently drive was actually cheaper to buy new (before tax and fees) than any of the used versions in the area at the time

·
Registered
359 Posts
You're probably right for most areas - the last few 2019 Ns in my area are still going for MSRP (or barely under) right now - and I know they're being bought because I've been keeping tabs on the (dwindling) stock. The 2020s still go for MSRP and sell same day. Similarly, I've heard folks in places like Cali can't get one for MSRP and they're all marked up. Hell, I just saw one go up in New York for nearly $10,000 over MSRP last week. Car dealerships are wild. Looks like the car is still listed, so hopefully no one falls for that.
It depends on the area and dealer. For example my local dealer had a base N for over 40k. With a straight face they actually tried to sell a car with a sub 20k value for 40k lmfao.
I got mine for msrp but i had it delivered from a dealer over 800 miles away because it was the only performance blue available at the time. Came with my sick signature stripe too 😂

·
Registered
121 Posts
I will take a photo of the brakes for you!
I’d love to see the brakes too! Thinking about asking my dealer to install the new brakes on my 2020
I bought my 2020 PP N at MSRP in California, idk where in California they're getting marked up but not down in San Diego.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
I feel like there should be more Americans buying the Canadian version of this car. It’s a massive savings plus you get some extra kit like the heated seats and steering wheel. 🤷🏼‍♂️ The brakes are definitely the N branded brakes from the previous model year. There was some ambiguity about whether or not they would be due to technical data not specifically saying “N” branded brakes as it had in previous years. Photo of my brakes:

·
Registered
14 Posts
These car definitely doesn’t need a expensive Brembo brakes. That’s why Hyundai was able to keep the cost down. They took a bigget brake from another Hyundai model. Very little dead travel, but once it does bite, they‘re solid. They‘re modulated well.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I feel like there should be more Americans buying the Canadian version of this car. It’s a massive savings plus you get some extra kit like the heated seats and steering wheel. 🤷🏼‍♂️ The brakes are definitely the N branded brakes from the previous model year. There was some ambiguity about whether or not they would be due to technical data not specifically saying “N” branded brakes as it had in previous years. Photo of my brakes: View attachment 3510
Our car import laws forbid it pretty much but i wish. Even in florida i need heated seats and steering wheels so i could only imagine other northern states.
I dont think the car needs bigger brakes unless it's going to be tracked frequently and even then there is a hyundai big brake kit but its an additional 2k or so i hear

·
Registered
18 Posts
CONGRATS! Dude that's awesome. Looks great in that color - I'd be curious to see some better pictures once you have it in hand. I'd guess you're the first in Canada (or in NA as a whole, to be honest).

I finally have one secured myself too, but it sounds like mine is still a ways out - with arrival around January/February (Performance Blue, Manual). Sounds like you managed to get one of the few that slipped through before production was pushed back (thanks, COVID-19).

Give us some more updates once you have your hands on it! Would love to see those beautiful seats too ;)

Again, congrats!
Congratulations man sick color.

·
Super Moderator
977 Posts
Forge makes one for the I30 PP. It may fit the VN too.

Br,

-Mike

·
Registered
11 Posts
When you have a chance - would you mind taking pics of the interior - I don’t think I saw anything in the thread related to it etc. Thanks in advance - by the way - great color man - it reminds me of the GT350 Avalanche Grey that Ford had on their GT350 Mustang

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got my 2020 N back in August for 27k roughly. I looked at used before I bought mine, but the price disparity (at least what I saw on CarGurus) wasn't enough for me to not get one that I could baby from day 1. I saw used non PP with 15k miles going for 24-25k. I just couldn't justify not getting the warranty or the peace of mind knowing break in was done properly.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
When you have a chance - would you mind taking pics of the interior - I don’t think I saw anything in the thread related to it etc. Thanks in advance - by the way - great color man - it reminds me of the GT350 Avalanche Grey that Ford had on their GT350 Mustang
These are the interior shots I took on “deal” day. I though I put them in the thread but maybe they aren’t showing up. I didn’t take a pic of the back seats though... sorry!

·
Registered
359 Posts
The seats look like they have cloth in the center and leather all around the edges. I think a prefer that style but i really hate the dust that gets caught up in cloth seats lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
The seats look like they have cloth in the center and leather all around the edges. I think a prefer that style but i really hate the dust that gets caught up in cloth seats lol
It's hard to describe the fabric in the middle-- when i touched it, it reminded me of a tightly woven waxed canvas. Easy to wipe clean with a damp cloth. Should resist wear. I'm more worried about the side bolsters because any grommets you have on your jeans are gonna slice them up real good if you aren't careful getting in or out. They will be the parts that show wear faster than the middle.

·
Registered
359 Posts
It's hard to describe the fabric in the middle-- when i touched it, it reminded me of a tightly woven waxed canvas. Easy to wipe clean with a damp cloth. Should resist wear. I'm more worried about the side bolsters because any grommets you have on your jeans are gonna slice them up real good if you aren't careful getting in or out. They will be the parts that show wear faster than the middle.
Id like to sit in the seats before i make up my mind but in pretty sure im going to be glued to ebay until the wrecked 2021s start selling for parts and snag the seats 😂

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hopefully they hold up - I've never had leather (or is it 'faux leather'?) seats in a car, but I know there are ways to treat them. Might be worth exploring those options, see if treating them can help maintain their longevity. If they're 'faux' leather, would normal leather protectants work on them, I wonder? Anyone have any input/experience?

41 - 60 of 87 Posts