Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
CONGRATS! Dude that's awesome. Looks great in that color - I'd be curious to see some better pictures once you have it in hand. I'd guess you're the first in Canada (or in NA as a whole, to be honest).

I finally have one secured myself too, but it sounds like mine is still a ways out - with arrival around January/February (Performance Blue, Manual). Sounds like you managed to get one of the few that slipped through before production was pushed back (thanks, COVID-19).

Give us some more updates once you have your hands on it! Would love to see those beautiful seats too ;)

Again, congrats!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Completely forgot to mention: 6mt. I can’t imagine driving anything else.
Did i hear they changed the white color for 2021? I believe its slightly different but im not 100% sure. Looks a bit different from the photo but it could be the lighting.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Did i hear they changed the white color for 2021? I believe its slightly different but im not 100% sure. Looks a bit different from the photo but it could be the lighting.
From what I've heard, any White 2021s being manufactured in November or later will have the new "Atlas White" color (which begs the question - will early 2021s still have "Chalk White" instead?). It looks like Ulysses19 has Cyber Grey - any idea if that's coming to the US? Or is that a Canada-only color?

·
Registered
96 Posts
As soon as you can take more pictures in better lighting. In the shade it looks like the chalk white to me. I thought the grey was going to be darker then this though.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm on the same page as you but I do think it would be interesting to check out the new DCT.
I'd like to try the DCT but I've already put down on a manual, so that's what I'm committed to. Even if done well, the DCT won't be as fun as the manual, simple as that. Sure, it might be slightly quicker and more practical (if you do a lot of stop-and-go/traffic/city driving), but nothing beats the driver engagement or enjoyment of a good manual transmission, in my opinion. Plus, the manual gets better gas mileage... That's TOTALLY why us enthusiasts all want it. ;)

Also, let's be real - manuals are getting more and more rare. In just a decade or two, how hard is it going to be to find a driver's car with a proper manual transmission and an internal combustion engine? Who knows the answer, but they'll definitely be much more rare than they already are. Enjoy it while they last! :cool:

·
Registered
22 Posts
From what I've heard, any White 2021s being manufactured in November or later will have the new "Atlas White" color (which begs the question - will early 2021s still have "Chalk White" instead?). It looks like Ulysses19 has Cyber Grey - any idea if that's coming to the US? Or is that a Canada-only color?
My dealer told me that the early 2021s will still have chalk white but it will eventually switch over to atlas white

·
Registered
53 Posts
Also, let's be real - manuals are getting more and more rare. In just a decade or two, how hard is it going to be to find a driver's car with a proper manual transmission and an internal combustion engine? Who knows the answer, but they'll definitely be much more rare than they already are. Enjoy it while they last! :cool:
This is actually part of the reason I always go for manuals when I buy a new car from a dealer. I want to actually put my money where my mouth is so OEMs will keep making manuals.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Heading to the dealership tonight. Really not keen on the colour but the car is quite dirty after a long drive from port to the dealership. Hopefully it will be washed when I get there and I can take more photos. I'm being given the option of ordering a different colour because of the mix up. For those reading that don't know, I was told the colour was a very very dark metallic grey. Cleary not the case. Will take some interior shots. The weather is overcast here today so I can't speak to the quality that the photos will be, and I'm not taking my Nikon to do a photo shoot if its raining. Will try my best though.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Heading to the dealership tonight. Really not keen on the colour but the car is quite dirty after a long drive from port to the dealership. Hopefully it will be washed when I get there and I can take more photos. I'm being given the option of ordering a different colour because of the mix up. For those reading that don't know, I was told the colour was a very very dark metallic grey. Cleary not the case. Will take some interior shots. The weather is overcast here today so I can't speak to the quality that the photos will be, and I'm not taking my Nikon to do a photo shoot if its raining. Will try my best though.
Best of luck! I hope they make it right regardless of what you decide. One thing - could you look at the brake calipers? I was curious as to if they still had the 'N' branding painted on them because the spec sheet doesn't specifically identify them as the N brakes in their description (whereas they did before - to make a distinction between the base and performance package).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Sitting at the dealership now. Car is clean! Took some pics for you all.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Those pics are great (even if they're thumbnail quality - probably cause they're mobile uploads)!

The seats look different than the N-Light Buckets I saw on the Korean models.. I don't remember that stitching down the center, I just looked at a video and they're definitely different. I wonder if that's just the Canadian models or if they'll be like that in the US as well? We don't get the heated seats like you all do (bummer)...

How do the seats feel? Comfy? Is it an alcantara/leather combo like we expected?

Thanks for all the info, I can only imagine how excited you are.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts