Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Any updates?

I'm starting to notice a similar issue, I swear it popped when I shift around 4k but now, I barely get any burbles. Have to shift around 5-6k to even get a pop.
Gonna try take it in next weekend but wondering if you got anything or if anyone else has had this issue?
Using a piggyback or any type of tuner?

Suggestion; disconnect the battery for 30+ minutes or so to reset the OEM parameters. See if this doesn’t make a difference.

If not, find a top tier station with 93 octane fuel or the best 92 plus. Fill it and go for an, “Italian Tune Up!” The type of fuel you’re running can produce the affects of snap, crackle and pop effect.

It’s been discovered to happen on the i30N frequently when owners have been running lower less expensive fuel.

Give it a go and see what happens.

·
Registered
2020 Veloster N
3 Posts
Using a piggyback or any type of tuner?

Suggestion; disconnect the battery for 30+ minutes or so to reset the OEM parameters. See if this doesn’t make a difference.

If not, find a top tier station with 93 octane fuel or the best 92 plus. Fill it and go for an, “Italian Tune Up!” The type of fuel you’re running can produce the affects of snap, crackle and pop effect.

It’s been discovered to happen on the i30N frequently when owners have been running lower less expensive fuel.

Give it a go and see what happens.
I wish 😔
But running stock

I have thought of fuel, typically run 91 from Costco but the best in Hawaii I could find was 92 from Shell, which I’m currently trying out. It seemed to have made a small difference but not sure if that’s placebo.

Will try out the battery when I get the chance. Can that cause any other side effects I should be aware of or just connect after 30 and back up and running minus any user defined settings (e.g custom mode, etc)

·
Registered
165 Posts
No updates from the dealership. They told me that I'm welcome to come back anytime and they would re-flash my ECU again.

Pretty good dealership overall.

-Sam

·
Registered
1 Posts
I watch videos and read the forums, but my 2020 N doesn't make any pops or bangs when shifting. My car is set for the loudest on the screen in the custom N mode, and even if I have it in the regular N mode, the exhaust never pops or backfires when I shift at higher RPMs. I mean the exhaust is definitely louder than all the other settings, but just no pops or bangs. I was wondering if they had made any changes on the 20 version of the N for the exhaust. Yes, exhaust is set for "sport +".
Does anyone have any input on this subject?
Do you have the performance package? Because I have a 2021 Veloster N performance package and it pops and bangs a lot.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts