Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the boost pipe, FMIC and snorkel all installed. Was a pretty fun straight forward set of additions/upgrades. Took note of some of the previous post and tried to cut a hole in the duct work around the snorkel. Getting ready for boost season in Texas 馃榿

Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Repurposed solo cups to keep the critters out of the system over night
Getting the vacuum hose off of the diverter valve was the hardest part of the boost pipe swap. BOV is probably next on the list.
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Car

Pretty clean cut, that was the longest part of installations was getting the cut in the duct 'right'
Shoe Photograph White Black Hood

Little bit of overspray but I figure it is behind the grill anyways and I am not taking this to sema or anything.
Tire Wheel Vehicle registration plate Automotive tire Automotive lighting

I was actually a little worried because the installation instructions for FMIC from Forge are for both the i30N and Veloster N and there are definitely some steps that are specific to the i30N. Spent about 30 minutes looking for connectors that are not on the car 馃檲

Face back on:
Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Grille

She holds boost and everything seems to be in working order.
Wheel Tire Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting

Now the question is what's next....

Super Moderator
Car's lookin' good!

Best regards,

-Mike

Reactions: RambliN

Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT Red/Black
Looking good! When you sprayed the 'Forge' on the intercooler, did you use a template they sell or provided, or did you make your own?

Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT Red/Black
Looking good! When you sprayed the 'Forge' on the intercooler, did you use a template they sell or provided, or did you make your own?
Kindly disregard... I just saw the stencil on their website. Although I need to inquire about what type of paint you used?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They threw one in with the order. I didn't realize it wasn't included as a part of the kit, so I called after I had made the order to get one added to my order and they threw it in free of charge which was appreciated for sure.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kindly disregard... I just saw the stencil on their website. Although I need to inquire about what type of paint you used?
Probably the wrong one. I didn't do much research on that part of it....Rust-oleum Auto Enamel Gloss white I think

1 - 6 of 6 Posts