Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With SEMA being around a month away, Hyundai has decided to show off new modified versions of the Veloster N and Ioniq. The Veloster N has been equipped with a cat back exhaust system, a CAI and custom engine mapping. It also got a roll cage, adjustable sway bars, a Wilwood Endurance braking system and H&R lowering springs.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I already like what i'm seeing just for the fact that preparations are underway for the Veloster at SEMA because it might mean this generation of the Veloster (not just the Veloster N) gets more aftermarket support and sooner.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Aftermarket is one area where Hyundai is still a good bit behind. The Elantra GT has been out for a couple years now and there is still barely any support for it. Luckily the base performance of the Veloster N should be able to tide owners over until this changes.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just glad to see that this model is getting aftermarket support right out of the gate. I think that Hyundai has realized this will be crucial to the success of this platform.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just glad to see that this model is getting aftermarket support right out of the gate. I think that Hyundai has realized this will be crucial to the success of this platform.
They almost have no choice because this time around the Veloster is more than just a cool hatch but this time around its a real sporty hatch like what VW makes.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The Veloster Turbo was a fairly capable hatch, similar in spec to what you'd get with a GTI. Unfortunately Hyundai still just doesn't have the same prestige as most of the segment leading rivals.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The Veloster Turbo was a fairly capable hatch, similar in spec to what you'd get with a GTI. Unfortunately Hyundai still just doesn't have the same prestige as most of the segment leading rivals.
That I realized and even this time around its essentially the same formula, the dynamic platform isn't special and used on many other high volume products, also how can we forget the parts bin picking they did. The best thing to come out of this is its value, Hyundai priced it reasonably for what it is.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Along with the Genesis coupe at the time, both models did well for showing how sporty Hyundai could be. Prior to that, all they had were mundane and boring vehicles

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Genesis coupe did experience its fair share of growing pains and the manual gearbox was one of the worst that I've ever driven. It was the one model in Hyundai's lineup that did get a fair share of attention from third party aftermarket companies however.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts