Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
They’re just chassis reinforcement rings for the strut area. Nothing more and do not add torsional rigidity to the struts or help them work in unison of one another.

If you want a strut tower brace there are three presently to choose from. The best fitting is the N / Performance Unit. The most rigid is the Pierce Motorsport unit.

·
Registered
2020 Veloster N w/PP
224 Posts
They’re just chassis reinforcement rings for the strut area. Nothing more and do not add torsional rigidity to the struts or help them work in unison of one another.

If you want a strut tower brace there are three presently to choose from. The best fitting is the N / Performance Unit. The most rigid is the Pierce Motorsport unit.
Thanks for the reply. Honestly, if I spent $430 on a strut brace my wife (also the homestead accountant) would not be happy. She already complains about my new hobby car. I cannot complain, I have two cars and two 'cellos so I am pretty darned fortunate.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Time to call a truce and narrow down the field to one fine hobby and one fine musical instrument. 46 years of marriage on our behalf, is full of compromises and truces. It's just the way it works. Be grateful and less fortunate. I see fortunate as a combination of luck and chance. I simply grateful for what I have been blessed with.:)

Happy New Year!!

·
Super Moderator
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
LOL! I didn't think I'd spend money on that either but the opportunity presented itself so I bit. I was afraid it would get more expensive. The bar is light as a feather too and extremely well made. It balanced the rear trunk bar out quite nicely and made the 18" light weight rims feel better around corners. Much better.... :)

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Super Moderator
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
As long as the bills get paid my wife doesn't really care but I certainly do NOT volunteer any info. LOL..... I have a new coated down pipe and some Boomba upgraded spacers waiting to go on in the spring time. That's probably it for a while..... I'd like to eventually upgrade the clutch at some point too.

Br,

-Mike

·
Registered
86 Posts
I’ve decided that I’m stopping at wheels and all weathers. This is a rabbit hole that I’m now going to simply walk past and enjoy the car as Hyundai intended. I can’t do things half heartedly guys, and to do this to the extent that I would need to go would not be financially viable. The car has everything I need for what I need it for so, I’ll drive, clean and enjoy. In the seasonal changes, I’ll change the wheels and tires over to suit and enjoy.

·
Super Moderator
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
I have modified EVERY car I have had. I think it's a disease. LOL.... The Hyundai is my toy so I am going all out some what. I only drive it from late March till late Oct. I drive a 2003 Buick LeSabre for the rest of the time. I must say, I wish it were March now. Ha, ha....

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Super Moderator
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
On the way is: Forge Motorsports shift knob in black and the Tork motorsports front control arm braces.

Also thinking about a few more body braces by ultra racing.... Still undecided on those. Just thought I'd give an update.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Super Moderator
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Did you install it already? If so, now I want it. lol... I have it saved in my ebay acct.

Br,

-Mike

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
No but I put it into place and it fits really easy. If you have the silencer in place, it's easier to remove it but you don't have to. Loosen and remove the two rear chassis nuts, mount the bar, replace the nuts and re torque.

·
Registered
2019 Veloster N PP / MT / Perf Blue.
204 Posts
I’ve decided that I’m stopping at wheels and all weathers. This is a rabbit hole that I’m now going to simply walk past and enjoy the car as Hyundai intended. I can’t do things half heartedly guys, and to do this to the extent that I would need to go would not be financially viable. The car has everything I need for what I need it for so, I’ll drive, clean and enjoy. In the seasonal changes, I’ll change the wheels and tires over to suit and enjoy.
2 months ago you wrote this @Ghost !!!!! HAHAHAHA LOL!!!! DAMNIT JUST REALIZED GHOST DIDNT WRITE THIS!!!! WOULD OF BEEN PRICELESS!!!!

-JE

·
Super Moderator
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Ya, modding is a disease. I am stopping at some point. lol.... When that is I have no idea?....

Br,

-Mike

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Everyone has their limits. Most of it has to do with the personal budget. Others, it has to do with personal extremes and what is actually feasible.

·
Super Moderator
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Thank you for the reply about the Ultra racing bar, Red! Much appreciated! (y)

Br,

-Mike

Reactions: RedVN

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
It's the last two chassis uniq collars you put in at the rear, just forward of the muffler/silencer. Those two long chassis pins the center the and hold the rear subframe. Just to be clear.

·
Super Moderator
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Ok, thank you. Looks like you are putting that on.... Can you furnish a finished install pic of the bar once done? Thank Bud! :)(y)

Br,

-Mike

·
Super Moderator
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Great thank you. (y)

Br,

-Mike

Reactions: RedVN
61 - 80 of 95 Posts