Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

Registered
Here is the Jet Hot 2500 degree coated down pipe. Sold this to get some light weight Enkei TS-10's w/ 235/40ZR18's.

Best regards,

-Mike
馃榿馃榿馃榿馃榿馃榿馃榿
Installed and Sounds good!

Still waiting on the borla exhaust argh!! It's still as quiet as a prius with the valve closed and not that loud open :eek:

The SXTH coating looks decimated?

Registered
I currently have 3 string instruments. 1-metal shredding guitar, 1- acoustic/electric guitar, and 1- three string cigar box guitar. I love all the different tones each one has. My metal guitar sounds like Metallica. lol....

Br,

-Mike
I also own a real Chinese erhu (er is two and hu are the dominant people in China) from China. It is the two stringed instrument that sits on your lap with a snake skin resonator. It was given to me as a gift from some people I met in China a number of years ago. I have played it after buying DVDs and practicing a lot. My daughter took it to college and played it...to the shade of the Asian students. Western girl playing an Eastern instrument! Our daughter is a violinist. One of my prized possessions.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #43
Nice RTV! How's the power difference? The SXTH's coating does look like $hit. It looks like it got REAL hot. Bad cat maybe? You wont have that problem with the new one. ;)

AYP,

That is such a pleasure to hear. I see talent runs in the family. It's funny you bring up the Chinese lap 2 string guitar. I want to make one of those too. I plan on using a 2X4, lol.... That's after the 6 string guitar build though. Also, the violin is such a beautiful sounding instrument. Sound great in a lot of rock ballads.

Best regards,

-Mike

Registered
Nice RTV! How's the power difference? The SXTH's coating does look like $hit. It looks like it got REAL hot. Bad cat maybe? You wont have that problem with the new one. ;)

Best regards,

-Mike
WOT is pretty good! Screams like a beast on WOT.
My catback is slanted so I think I have to adjust some things or just wait for the borla c.c. overall it's nice! I actually had a shop cut off that stock middle bolt holder. It was getting in the way and SXTH didn't have one so I just bit the bullet and took the easy route.

Every time I hit the clutch at 4k rpms, there's a bang... This car lol.. I'd love to hear this thing from another point of view. It's not everyday you hear another car make explosions lol.

I made a little stir on the Facebook group with that photo. Some people think I'm running too rich and suggest me to look at my pid, and fuel trim. Others say I've nothing to worry about and that the SXTH coating merely burned off.

Thanks ghost c;

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #45
Even if you are running rich you have no cat now so the point is mute. These car's run rich to begin with. The air/fuel on my car is usually around 14.5 and in the colder months the car runs even richer due to the weather. The coating on the new pipe should last for life and it's already cured. Glad you put it on and are happy. :)

Best regards,

-Mike

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #47
Gee, now I can't wait to put mine on! lol.... Not till March or April. She goes away for the winter in a couple of weeks. I definitely transformed the car this past summer. The DP will be the icing on the cake. Other than lightening the car I am done with engine mods after the DP. There's not much more to do really... Ha, ha....

Best regards,

-Mike

Registered
performance wise, there isn't much to do i suppose :eek:
i like to think of the TCR Veloster N race car as a reference point as to what's possible 馃槀
still, i like this car a lot :^]

some of the downshifts on this car with the catless dp or a high flow dp sounds straight up like a carrera GT i think... lol
4th to 3rd, "WOMP鈾"

weight savings is going to be a fun project :eek: i think we both know what the lighter wheels have done. imagine 40 pounds off the driver side (oem battery).. $800 rotors anyone? lol >_<

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
That engine bay looks awesome but it also looks too expensive for my shallow pockets. Lol... I was thinking of a lighter battery, carbon fiber hood, and of course the CF fenders too. Not too sure how much that will shave off. I also found a really nice back seat delete in the UK for the I30N. Not sure if it will fit the VN or not? This car is so fun to modify! I have had so many cars, probably at least 35 different cars over my lifetime and this is by far one of my favorites! Sooo much fun to drive and throw around!

Best regards,

-Mike

Registered
That engine bay looks awesome but it also looks too expensive for my shallow pockets. Lol... I was thinking of a lighter battery, carbon fiber hood, and of course the CF fenders too. Not too sure how much that will shave off. I also found a really nice back seat delete in the UK for the I30N. Not sure if it will fit the VN or not? This car is so fun to modify! I have had so many cars, probably at least 35 different cars over my lifetime and this is by far one of my favorites! Sooo much fum to drive and throw around!

Best regards,

-Mike
35 cars wowzaaah... This is my first sports car manual lol!

Tastefully modified you are indeed :) the only aesthetic I have is the hood and rims. I'm even getting an all black vel tech intake to be more discrete .

No stickers or skittle colored rims 馃対 I'm not even going to get tints on this car and if I do it'll be the lightest grade. Really each their own though! :)

I wouldnt mind a huge gt wing in the back though but I would ideally need the performance to back that appearance lol.

This car is fun :) I don't have much reference to go off of being this is my first but I suspect this car, like some youtubers have said, is an anomaly. I consider it disruptive for the technology it offers at it's price point. Though I think the models 21'+ are starting like no less than 32k

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #51
This car is a bargain in a half! Seriously! I am so glad I bought a 2019 and was able to save even a few more grand than the current models. I just drive mine in the spring, summer, and fall. It's put away for the winter. I really want a few carbon fiber pieces but am not sure if I want to paint them the color of the car or leave them carbon fiber? I was thinking spacers too but haven't decided.... I love modding this thing. I am always looking for something to add to it. It's like an addiction!

I think the next thing is a better clutch. Just am NOT looking forward to that install. (BARF!!!) Ha, ha.... On Thursday I am going to detail it one last time before it goes away. I will take a pic and post it. If you need any help what so ever, just ask.

Best regards,

-Mike

41 - 51 of 51 Posts