Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Super Moderator
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thank you for the words of encouragement. I have ALWAYS loved the guitar and always wanted to REALLY learn instead of just messing around. I have many, many favorite guitarists but the one that sticks out to me because I had the grateful opportunity to see him. It's Eddie VanHalen. He actually made his guitar sound like a cello. And a bunch of other string instruments.... I just couldn't believe it. Extremely gifted guitarist and can play so may different forms.

Another one is Neil Schon of Journey. He started out playing guitar for Santana, he was only 15 years old. He actually played Woodstock back in the 60's. He was the one that played all the licks on Black Magic Woman and Oye Como Va. Greg Rolle actually sang both of those songs, NOT Carlos Santana. They just named the band after him since he had a cool last name. Not taking anything away from Carlos Santana either. Just giving some rock and roll history. The reason Neil and Greg parted ways with Santana is because they wanted to continue to rock out and Carlos wanted to do more Jazz based stuff. Once they left Santana they formed Journey either in 1974 or 75. First album in 75/76. Then Steve Perry joined the band in 77/78 and the rest is history...... Great history!

Sorry for the rant.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Super Moderator
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yes, rigid collars are a great mod for this car. You'll see.

Br,

-Mike

·
Super Moderator
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I have a few more things coming in the next couple of weeks. Keep posted! (y)

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
10 Posts
Where did you hear about the Cerma products? I tried looking into them and all I got was a bunch of people telling me not to waste my money and the the products were a scam.... I don't really see a difference between these products and classic engine flushes or fuel additives the cost under $10 at AutoZone instead of $64 "on sale" (perpetually) from $84 so that's an immediate red flag. I was really interested in these products because I am always willing to spend a few bucks to help keep my new car running well but I'm very skeptical of this brand now, especially after every single person on bobistheoilguy.com has said the only thing this company is good for is emptying our wallets. definitely not trying to knock any company or any person that has bought this stuff I just want your opinion on why you say you love the stuff that many many other people on the internet seem to dislike.

·
Super Moderator
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
A lot of military platforms use Cerma products. This is the main reason I went with it. Cars motor is much quieter too since using it. It is like a ceramic coating for the inside of the motor. I know a few other people that use it and like it as well. It's only a one time treatment so It's not ridiculously expensive. It's all a personal preference really. I live by the "SW" rule. Some Will, Some Won't, So What! lol.... I used the treatment in my oil and transmission.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did you use the cerma engine oil after putting the treatment in or did you stick with your go to oil? Also I don't see much info on how to use the trans treatment, did you just mix it with the redline oil then put it in? Or do you put the treatment in 1.5k before you changed your trans fluid like with the engine treatment? I'm still a bit skeptical but I think I may give it a try.

·
Super Moderator
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
No, I still use Amsoil 5W30 Signature Series. I used the Cerma with the Amsoil. For the transmission I took out 2oz's of tranny fluid and put the Cerma trans. treatment in the bottle and shook it up. I then added both quarts to the transmission. Hope this helps?

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Super Moderator
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Also, I just want to give a tremendous shout out to the absolute best guitarist in the whole wide world! Eddie Van Halen! He was and still is a HUGE influence on me. I feel like I lost part of my family! Just glad I got to see him in concert when I was a young man.

RIP Eddie! You WILL be forever loved! I know you are up there with all the rock greats jamming your ass off. Say hi to my Dad and Brother for me! Enjoy the solo!

Best regards and with a heavy heart,

-Mike

·
Registered
77 Posts
Also, I just want to give a tremendous shout out to the absolute best guitarist in the whole wide world! Eddie Van Halen! He was and still is a HUGE influence on me. I feel like I lost part of my family! Just glad I got to see him in concert when I was a young man.

RIP Eddie! You WILL be forever loved! I know you are up there with all the rock greats jamming your ass off. Say hi to my Dad and Brother for me! Enjoy the solo!

Best regards and with heavy heart,

-Mike
Well, he did have Valerie Bertinelli for twenty years. Yes, he will be missed, but his contributions shall live on forever.

Reactions: Ghost

·
Super Moderator
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
He had her for 26 years to be exact. :) She actually held him on his death bed before he passed. Jesus, just thinking about it brings a tear to my eye. He was one person I always wanted to meet. I guess I'll have to save that for the next life.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Super Moderator
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Hi All,

Here is a pic of the N-Performance strut bar installed. Pretty easy... Thank you Mr. Kim!

Best regards,

-Mike

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I drove the car for about 6 miles with the strut bar installed. The car is more rigid, steady and steering is even more instant. It also balances the rear trunk bar out quite nicely. GREAT handling mod! I also left the strut covers off. To make them fit right they get butchered, so I left mine off instead.

Br,

-Mike

Reactions: MikeMr305

·
Registered
77 Posts
That strut bar has a proper OEM look to it. Looks like it could come from the factory with that bar on it. I saw a YouTube video where the strut tower covers got butchered. I really do not like that either. It looks amateur.

·
Super Moderator
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I left mine off. They DO get butchered. I like the look with them off better.

On another note, I am thinking of building my first guitar over the winter. I am going to make it an Eddie VanHalen tribute guitar. Not the usual striped versions he had. It IS going to be my own thing and my own colors but it will tie into Van Halen very nicely. And it's going to have no head stock. So what do u think? Any ideas please let me have em'. If it's ok with everyone I will update progress on the guitar on this thread over the winter since my car will be in storage.

I also want to thank everyone following my build. It means a lot to me to have such great support. I love this community! You have all been GREAT!

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
77 Posts
I left mine off. They DO get butchered. I like the look with them off better.

On another note, I am thinking of building my first guitar over the winter. I am going to make it an Eddie VanHalen tribute guitar. Not the usual striped versions he had. It IS going to be my own thing and my own colors but it will tie into Van Halen very nicely. And it's going to have no head stock. So what do u think? Any ideas please let me have em'. If it's ok with everyone I will update progress on the guitar on this thread over the winter since my car will be in storage.

I also want to thank everyone following my build. It means a lot to me to have such great support. I love this community! You have all been GREAT!

Best regards,

-Mike
That sounds really cool. I can play a cello, but building my own way over my head. I have two cellos like I have two cars. I have one of the black carbon fiber ones played by Yo-Yo Ma, 2Cellos, Steven from The Piano Guys and many others. The inventor is out of Boston and you buy direct from him.

·
Super Moderator
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Nice! I work in Boston. It's probably over my head too but I just want to give it a try. I really think I can do it. I have a little workshop/gym down in my basement and it will be built there. I have a big saw horse vice, various tools, drills, soldering iron, and a nice luthier kit. I have to look at a guitar book to see how to wire the pick-ups and various electronics. I can't wait. I will start in a couple weeks.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Super Moderator
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I currently have 3 string instruments. 1-metal shredding guitar, 1- acoustic/electric guitar, and 1- three string cigar box guitar. I love all the different tones each one has. My metal guitar sounds like Metallica. lol....

Br,

-Mike

21 - 40 of 51 Posts