Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 RR PP
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Decided to start off my build thread finally. I got the car May 22, 2021 with just under 8k miles. I've been FBO and tuned since July and made 301whp and 321wtq at the time. Got a custom license plate immediately, NGAGE. If you get the reference then I enjoy you. Anywhere, here's my ever changing mod list.

Airflow
ItemStatusVerdictPriceNotes
Forge FMICinstalled8/10 - Having issues with couplings and clamps after 15k miles
Revised to 10/10 - Clamp issues were user error.
$900.00
Forge Boost Pipeinstalled6/10 - lots of oil leak around the extra thread$269.99
Forge Turbo InletinstalledExcellent$212.93
Forge IntakeinstalledExcellent$426.93
Forge BOVuninstalledIn decision$283.55
Boomba Intake/TB Spacer Kitintake spacer only installed$301.00

Exhaust
ItemStatusVerdictPriceNotes
aFe Mid PipeCrap - hate pipes with clamps, would rather have flanges$429.99
aFe Down PipeuninstalledCrap, completely cracked before the cat$1,028.00No longer sold and was prompted to stop selling by government request
Depo Catless Downpipereverted to stockFlanges, gaskets & bolts suck, otherwise it's okay.$299.90Issues with getting the p2096 to go away

Turbo/Tune Info
ItemStatusPrice
SXTH Spare ECU + Stage 1 High Torquereplaced$1,000.00
Ek1Proinstalled$799.00
Ek1Pro Upgrade Stage 2 Tuneinstalled$150.00
N Turbo Upgrade + VN Hotpipenot arrived$1,436.00
Ek1Pro Upgrade Stage 3 Tunenot purchased

Suspension, Brakes, Mounts, Handling, Etc
ItemStatusPrice
Enthuspec Front and Rear Stainless Steel Braided Brake Line Kitinstalled$169.99
EBC Brakes Red Stuff Front Brake Padsinstalled$108.73
EBC Brakes Red Stuff Rear Brake Pads - Hyundai Veloster N 2019installed$132.05
Liqui Moly DOT 4 Brake Fluidinstalledfree
Turbo Tech Racing Upper Engine Mountnot yet installed$195
Turbo Tech Racing Lower Strut Mountinstalled$350

Fuel, ignition, cooling
ItemStatusPrice
Upgraded HPFPinstalled$695.00
HKS M-SERIES SUPER FIRE RACING SPARK PLUGSinstalled$107.88
Mishimoto Thermostatnot yet installed$48.00
AirTec Oil Coolernot yet arrived$488.25

Cosmetic
ItemStatusPrice
OEM Carbon Fiber Hoodinstalled$1,185.00
OEM Carbon Fiber Door Handlesinstalled$325.00
OEM Carbon Fiber Gas Capinstalled$185
Well Visorsinstalled$65.80
QuickLift Plus Hood Shocksinstalled$89.95
Carbon Fiber Emblem Replacementsinstalledcan't find order

Dyno Results
Rectangle Product Slope Font Plot

Pictures
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Tire

·
Registered
2020 RR PP
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I mentioned in the post I was tuned since July. I don't think you can get anywhere near 300whp without an actual tune or wmi setup.

·
Registered
2020 RR PP
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Karma isn't always fair.

Fuel injector for cylinder 1 seems to have gone out. Code P0201000(Injector Circuit/Open-Cylinder 1) came on during a WOT pull. Was able to clear the pending code and it operated normally.

Shop is going to replace the injector under warranty, since the intake manifold has to be removed, they are also going to install my boomba intake manifold spacer. They will also be replacing my HPFP with the SXTH one, so I won't be able to get any fuel logs prior to install. All of this should be completed Monday.

·
Registered
2020 RR PP
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone know if this vented hood can be washed like normal? The vents on the right right above the airbox so that's a bit of a concern. The inside hood cover panel from the stock one does not have holes to add to this new hood which would prevent water from seeping through, but defeat the purpose of allowing heat to escape so it kind of makes sense why it was done that way.

Also, fuel injector replaced from my last post via warranty, so that was good. Did not get the sxth pump installed at that time but got the boomba intake spacer in. SXTH HPFP goes in today.

·
Registered
2020 RR PP
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Reached out to SoCalGarageWorks, apparently I can wash the car like normal. I'll just try to avoid spraying water directly into the vents.

SXTH HPFP installed today. When I sent my datalogs over to them, they reported everything looked good except the fuel pressure drop. Going to send them more logs with this now installed and see if that issue has been resolved. If so, I'll be going ahead and purchasing an aftermarket improved LPFP which will seem to complete everything I can do for proper fuel delivery.

EN Turbo or Hybrid EN turbo upgrade coming soon once I am 100% sure all kinks are resolved.

Saw someone do 405whp and 420wtrq on a VN with a stock EN Turbo. That seems like they are just going for peak numbers, so I'll try to get a tune to give me a modest 385whp and then upgrade to an XClutch to keep reliability in place.

Next year I'll be building the motor:

• Forged Rods & Pistons
  • High Performance Exhaust & Intake Valves
  • Performance head studs

Hopefully by then we'll have some aftermarket head gaskets so I don't the concern of running the stock one haunting my sleep.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts