Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Brake pad depth is just under 17mm.

Pistons look to be about 38mm as best as I can tell, though I can’t fit my digital caliper in there.

Bleeder bolt is 10mm x 1.0.

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
37 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Woah. Those are nice. Any chance for fitment info on the caliper? Super happy for you man!
Thanks!
Unfortunately, these don’t fit as advertised and I’ve returned them. They do not fit under stock wheels, and require cutting the dust shield. The latter is fairly minor, but both stock 19” wheels and my Enkei TSV wheels don’t clear the caliper, even with a 5mm spacer.

·
Registered
2019 smol PP
176 Posts
Thanks for the pics - it's probably blasphemy for me to say this but I'd buy these for the looks alone. The fact that they're 4 pot is icing on the cake!

Shame they didn't fit - I wonder if wheels with concavity like my Works would let them clear. How was clearance on the inner diameter of the wheel barrel?

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Veloster N
236 Posts
It's a bummer that they didn't fit. There are no decent options that work well with the stock ABS system.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks for the pics - it's probably blasphemy for me to say this but I'd buy these for the looks alone. The fact that they're 4 pot is icing on the cake!

Shame they didn't fit - I wonder if wheels with concavity like my Works would let them clear. How was clearance on the inner diameter of the wheel barrel?

They did look cool! Hit where the arrows are, even with a 5mm spacer, even with Enkei TSV 18x8+45.

·
Registered
2019 smol PP
176 Posts
View attachment 4837
They did look cool! Hit where the arrows are, even with a 5mm spacer, even with Enkei TSV 18x8+45.
Are these exactly the same as the N Performance calipers? I know they're both made by Mando but I'm not sure if there's a difference between these and the N Performance brakes.

I saw your IG comment on the guy that sourced the N Performance brakes and apparently those only fit the N Performance "flower petal" wheels. I really want to try these or the N Performance brakes on my wheels as i have a lot of clearance right now.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Are these exactly the same as the N Performance calipers? I know they're both made by Mando but I'm not sure if there's a difference between these and the N Performance brakes.

I saw your IG comment on the guy that sourced the N Performance brakes and apparently those only fit the N Performance "flower petal" wheels. I really want to try these or the N Performance brakes on my wheels as i have a lot of clearance right now.
I thought they were the same, but upon looking at them closely, I think they guy on IG who responded might be right, meaning they indeed are different as best as I can tell.

It’s odd to me that the N Performance calipers are different than the Mando calipers Sxth sold. When I was trying to find pads for the Mando calipers the pad shape was most similar to the Genesis sedan with V8 option, so I’m wondering if they came off some large Genesis sedan. The pads weren’t an exact fit, though. But when I found out the Mando calipers wouldn’t fit stock wheels I gave up the search for pads. And who knows about the rotor rings. I never got an answer on that from Sxth, who said they were waiting on an answer from Korea.

If the N Performance calipers really do fit stock wheels and someone can sell them for less than the $2200 I’ve heard, it might be worthwhile ... assuming pads and rotor rings are available and decently priced.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Thanks for sharing that video. Looks like 18” wheels that clear the N Performance brakes will be a bit difficult to find.

I still wonder what the rotor rings and pads will cost for replacement, and what the availability is like. Until this kit becomes commonplace in the US, pad selection is a big unknown, too.

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
37 Posts
Thanks!
Unfortunately, these don’t fit as advertised and I’ve returned them. They do not fit under stock wheels, and require cutting the dust shield. The latter is fairly minor, but both stock 19” wheels and my Enkei TSV wheels don’t clear the caliper, even with a 5mm spacer.
Damn. I guess I can’t buy them until they put out a sizing guide

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Any reason why they remove the product page? Also seems like they raised the price by 100 bucks. Kind of a shame.
I don’t know, anything I say would just be speculation on my part. As it is, though, without a fitment template it’s a tough buy.

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
42 Posts
I know you @Chuckable didnt end up using this Mando kit, but a guy near me who worked for Sparta Brakes sold me a non used set of the Mando BBK for $1k he apparently had lying around. It looks a lot like the Sparta Athena kit tbh. He said they were co-developing the kit with Mando but the company decided not to proceed as they wanted to pursue some electric brakes or something. Anywho the kit looks the same as your pics did other than the calipers saying "Mando" on them.

He said the rings can be sourced from girodisc and the pads are a common shape that he said he can help me with if I can't find them. He said all CAD drawings, including fitment template, ended up scrapped with the project but he still has lots of other performance measurements. Not sure what that consists of tbh.

Anywho, next is trying to find some 19in wheels that will fit and not cause rub and too much scrub radius difference...

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
42 Posts
Well... I got the rotors and calipers on with the 19x8.5 O.Z. HyperGT HLTs 45 offset. They actually didn't clear by about 1 mm. Tossed on some 3mm spacers for now while I determine what I want to do. It actually gives me more poke than I would like also...

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Sorry it hasn’t worked out the way you wanted. But yeah, those Mando calipers are wide. If you end up keeping the setup maybe a little negative camber will make the poke less conspicuous. In any case, those wheels look so good!

·
Registered
2019 Veloster N PP / MT / Perf Blue.
571 Posts
21 - 40 of 41 Posts