Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed the Maintec downpipe on my Veloster N but it tripped a ck. engine lite (sensor 1) . I used what looked like a twin to PROSPORT Mini Cat O2 Sensor CEL but for 1/2 the price. Believe me they look identical. Can anyone tell me what could be different? has anyone had any problems with Prosport?

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
What trouble code?

Part of the issues is utilizing a cheap knockoff. They don’t utilize the same catalyst material

None with the PROSPORT MINI CAT.😃👍🇺🇸

·
Registered
2020 VN PP Chalk White
149 Posts
You shouldn't have a spacer installed on the primary O2 sensor. You want that one direct mounted on the DP. The elbow spacer should be on the secondary sensor after the catalyst.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You shouldn't have a spacer installed on the primary O2 sensor. You want that one direct mounted on the DP. The elbow spacer should be on the secondary sensor after the catalyst.
Mine is the catless pipe, same as "Reds", I got that one because I thought it would be trouble free. If buying the "PROSPORT" is the fix I'm good with that. What OBDll code tool out there is capable of resetting serious code faults?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, you didn’t read a trouble code then?
Red, what exactly are you running in the top and bottom of your pipe and where can I purchase them? Your input would be greatly appreciated. The code is explained on other inputs.

·
Super Moderator
1,846 Posts
You do NOT want that spacer on the top of the cat. The spacer belongs on the second O2 sensor hole on the side of the DP. That is why you are getting a code. I have a cat less DP too and my spacer is on the secondary O2 sensor hole. I have had NO codes with it since install. Hope this helps?

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You do NOT want that spacer on the top of the cat. The spacer belongs on the second O2 sensor hole on the side of the DP. That is why you are getting a code. I have a cat less DP too and my spacer is on the secondary O2 sensor hole. I have had NO codes with it since install. Hope this helps?

Best regards,

-Mike
Thank you Mike, it helps a lot.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Red, what exactly are you running in the top and bottom of your pipe and where can I purchase them? Your input would be greatly appreciated. The code is explained on other inputs.
You don’t run any 02 extender in the top sensor bung! Please remove it before you driver the car anymore and only install it on the lower secondary 02 sensor bung. Then reset the CEL with a scan tool or OBD II DATALOGGER.

I run a catted 200 cell Maintec DP and a PROSPORT MINI CAT 02 extender on the secondary 02 bung or lower bung. 😃👍🇺🇸

Thanks to @Ghost and @QuasiSweetLew. 👍

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You don’t run any 02 extender in the top sensor bung! Please remove it before you driver the car anymore and only install it on the lower secondary 02 sensor bung. Then reset the CEL with a scan tool or OBD II DATALOGGER.

I run a catted 200 cell Maintec DP and a PROSPORT MINI CAT 02 extender on the secondary 02 bung or lower bung. 😃👍🇺🇸

Thanks to @Ghost and @QuasiSweetLew. 👍
Thanks Red and thanks to everyone that inputted on this issue.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts