Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I've been hearing and seeing really good things about this GDI cleaner so I bought some for myself. Reading the directions on the bottle and the lucas oil website they specifically say not to spray the cleaner on the MAF. It also says in the can and website that it will clean your turbo but that doesn't make much sense because the turbo is before the MAF in the intake system. Does anyone know the best spot to spray this in from? I read some other posts on here where people were saying they sprayed the foam cleaner in the vacuum port on the intake manifold but this cleaner seems a bit different than the foam stuff and is much more liquid. I feel like if I spray it into the vacuum port the cleaner will only reach the inner 2 cylinders and not 1 and 4. Any tips are welcome.
Thanks

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
430 Posts
I have not done this yet, but you can pull the hose off connecting directly to the throttle body. It is a bit low in this car but then you are hitting the TB directly. I am not sure, but I thought turbos did not have MAF sensors. They have absolute pressure sensors. Not sure about that. NEVER spray anything into a MAF sensor unless it is MAF cleaner. You will ruin it otherwise. Never spray anything into a turbo. They are not good garbage disposals. They love clean air and that is about it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I was thinking, going right into the throttle body. Noted on not spraying into the turbo haha definitely not a garbage disposal. I think what they mean Is it will clean the exhaust side of the turbo.

·
Super Moderator
1,793 Posts
Isn't there a fitting right in the front of the intake manifold itself? I believe it connects to the BOV solenoid. I'd say unplug the hose and spray it in there in short bursts.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
430 Posts
Isn't there a fitting right in the front of the intake manifold itself? I believe it connects to the BOV solenoid. I'd say unplug the hose and spray it in there in short bursts.

Best regards,

-Mike
Now I must go to my garage and take a look. That sounds better than removing the TB intake hose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts