Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I'll just installed lower control arms Braces from Tork Motorsports on my 2020 N. I had previously done boomba engine mounts, but was still getting nock and wheel hop under hard lunches and aggressive downshifts. Call up John at Tork , and explain what was going on. He was getting the same thing with his car said he believes the lower control arms are flexing. Few weeks later ,and I had them on my car. This is no joke a great investment for anyone with A N. Less wheel hop, midcorner grip was improved, the car feels more planted , under hard cornering. Mid corner turn is more responsive. And I feel like better feel under hard braking. Very easy install, well worth the money. Tork Motorsports

·
Registered
527 Posts
midcorner grip was improved, the car feels more planted , under hard cornering. Mid corner turn is more responsive. And I feel like better feel under hard braking. Very easy install, well worth the money. Tork Motorsports
I don't launch so I don't know about wheel hop. But I can absolutely agree with the rest of this statement.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
Wheel hop comes from loss of traction caused by engine movement, which translates to suspension movement. The upper and lower motor mounts are the primary culprit on the VN. Try the Turbo Tech Racing Upper and lower Motor Mounts, if you really want to make a vast improvement in power delivery and eliminate wheel hop,
With both the TTR Upper and Lower Motor Mounts installed, there is no wheel hop and very little increase in NVH.

Deflection, flex and movement of the lower control is, determined by lateral movement in both sets of bushings. The lower control arms per say, flex very little if any. If you're really interested in making the VN handle more precisely, take a good look at; SPL and Whiteline for the suspension upgrades that will transform the VN.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Deflection, flex and movement of the lower control is, determined by lateral movement in both sets of bushings. The lower control arms per say, flex very little if any. If you're really interested in making the VN handle more precisely, take a good look at; SPL and Whiteline for the suspension upgrades that will transform the VN.
I have 90% of the products you're talking about here and the Tork braces still made a large difference in the way the car feels in cornering. It no longer feels like it pushes through the turn before the LSD kicks in and brings it out. It feels like one smooth, crisp action.

For reference I have installed on my car:
-Whiteline Springs
-TTR upper passenger mount
-Boomba rear lower mount

Like I said, I don't launch so I have no idea what that is like as far as wheel hop goes. But it doesn't skip/ hop anymore when shifting hard into 2nd. Otherwise yes, I agree that the mounts are more relevant to wheel hop than the control arm braces are.

·
Registered
2019 Veloster N PP / MT / Perf Blue.
587 Posts
Okay I'll just installed lower control arms Braces from Tork Motorsports on my 2020 N. I had previously done boomba engine mounts, but was still getting nock and wheel hop under hard lunches and aggressive downshifts. Call up John at Tork , and explain what was going on. He was getting the same thing with his car said he believes the lower control arms are flexing. Few weeks later ,and I had them on my car. This is no joke a great investment for anyone with A N. Less wheel hop, midcorner grip was improved, the car feels more planted , under hard cornering. Mid corner turn is more responsive. And I feel like better feel under hard braking. Very easy install, well worth the money. Tork Motorsports

I spoke w john at tork motorsports last week as well and he told me in his opinion this is the single best mod you can make to the N. He was so pumped about it. Glad you love them. I told him I had 1500 dollars to spend and asked him what he would do. He immediately fired back

1. FMIC
2.Intake
3. Rear Motor Mount
4. Lower control arms braces

Thanks for reply.

-JE

·
Registered
43 Posts
I understand, there are a lot of folks who'd rather not have to deal with him. However considering you don't have to talk to him directly and just order the product, bit's a tolerable transaction. :) (y)
Right...until you have some kind of issue with a product. Like I said, you're probably safe buying a piece of sheet metal with holes in it that will likely not have issues, but be prepared for a shitshow if you need customer service

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
If you don't mind, difference in comparison to what configurations and usage. Did you track the VN last year, without the braces and suspension upgrades or with the suspension upgrades without the braces? Attempting to ascertain the actual comparison with or without suspension upgrades against these with or without the braces, thanks. :) (y)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts