Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I’m looking to buy a base model Veloster N as I don’t want to pay close to 30k or 30k for one.

There are a couple dealers around here that look to have a base 2019 that has been sitting on their lots for a bit so the price is lower. Where I live tax caps at $500 and the dealer doc fees are $799 or $586. After getting the $1,000 off financing rebate the car is coming to around 25k out there door.

Is this too much to pay or is this a good price? I don’t want to spend more than 25k because I could just get something else if I’m going to spend 30k. I do fee like the base model will depreciate pretty badly. I will never track it and I also don’t live in an area with a lot of curvy roads so I don’t really see the need for the PP even though it would be nice.

Anyways any thoughts are appreciated. Just remember my OTD price might be lower than a lot of states because the tax here is only $500 max.

·
Registered
118 Posts
If you never going to track the car, and its going to be just a daily driver the base model N is just fine. I have the PP, and trust me I'm looking for winter tires, and 18" rims which are standard on the base model. The only benefit I see that daily drivers would benefit from is the Active Exhaust. Having the ability to quiet that down is a godsend. Pulled into my carport the other night with the exhaust set too sport +and had creatures from the pet cemetery that were crawling out of the ground because it was so loud. You might notice a difference not having the E-LSD if you like to take corners a bit fast. But if you never drove the PP model then your not really gonna miss it. The base model uses Torque Brake Vectoring that a lot of other cars use. Daily driver doesn't need the bigger brake rotors either. All PP means is more money in the end to replace stuff. Ha.

I would grab that Base model for that price. Your not going to get a better deal right now IMO. But my opinion sucks sometimes. ha.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts