Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Long time lurker here and new to the aftermarket wheel world.

Time has come to swap out my tires and wheels. I wanted to know what were some good wheel size fitments and tire fitments to go alongside them. I like the look of the 19x8 but moving to 19/18x8.5 might be an option.

I want something close to flush or an ever so slight poke, without rubbing. I may drop it in the future with springs. Pictures are welcomed too!

Additionally, I have seen some sites selling center bore rings. Are those necessary? Thanks for taking a look at my post! I apologize for being a bit new to this.

Edit: I am aware we have an aftermarket wheel thread, however, it is hard to gauge what fits well since most posts don’t include sizes.

· Registered
2021 Performance Blue VN 6MT
221 Posts
An old post of mine

Some higher-res pics at VelosterN

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
An old post of mine

Some higher-res pics at VelosterN
Love it! How is the performance with them? Looks like you have a little more stretch than OEM.

Also, is that on stock suspension? Looks lowered. Thanks again!

· Registered
221 Posts
I'm very happy with the setup. The stretch is what will happen when you stick with the OEM 235/35/19 tires with a 19x8.5 wheel. No rubbing. Stock suspension, although I do have Whiteline rear camber arms and camber bolts up front.

No performance compromise for my driving (street only). If you plan to track or autocross, I would not recommend any stretch at all and would also downsize to 18".

· Registered
22 Hyundai Veloster N MT Altas White
51 Posts
I'm very happy with the setup. The stretch is what will happen when you stick with the OEM 235/35/19 tires with a 19x8.5 wheel. No rubbing. Stock suspension, although I do have Whiteline rear camber arms and camber bolts up front.

No performance compromise for my driving (street only). If you plan to track or autocross, I would not recommend any stretch at all and would also downsize to 18".
What is your reasoning for downsizing to 18” for track?

· Registered
221 Posts
What is your reasoning for downsizing to 18” for track?
Weight and cost. 18" wheels/tires are generally cheaper and lighter vs. 19" of the same brand. Every pound counts and so does every dollar. :D

· Registered
221 Posts
Nice! Any size suggestions for 18s to get flush/slight poke?
If I were to get 18", I'd mount 235/40/18 tires to an 18x8 wheel to be as close to OEM rolling diameter as possible. In regards to flush/slight poke, maybe ET 40 or 45. I'm sure someone on this board has this exact setup!

Reactions: Snoopyalien24

· Registered
2020 Veloster N PP
97 Posts
I'm running 18 inch wheels 8.5 inch wide I believe. Tires are 245 40 18 for sure. Michelin PS4S all season 97 load rating. I had slight fender rub on the fronts only, back are same size tires and wheels and were fine. I bought a fender roller and still have it around (anyone want to buy it off me? I should probably sell it since I don't plan on rolling any more fenders any time soon). The front fenders had to be rolled a bit for my front wheels to clear. Even without rolling, damage to the tire was very superficial and minimal and would not affect life of tire at all I bet. I've replaced 3 already and I bought my car with 3k miles and OEM Pirellis... put Michelins on at 3k miles. 7 tires later I'm at 15k miles barely with 3 new tires and 1 bare one. I hope I pick up another nail soon! 🤤 Tire&wheel insurance at cost. Perks of selling cars and helping to sell tire and wheel insurance all the time maybe. If anyone wants a car from me around Dallas I bet I can get you tire&wheel at cost too, car at MSRP minus applicable factory incentives. (Just throwing it out there I do not mean to advertise and will not continue to do so I promise).

Ride was improved for me greatly with the crappy pavement where I live. Grip is much greater too, cornering, accelerating, braking... at least 10% more I would estimate in every direction. It's crazy. I think these tires are stickier than the original Pirellis in addition to being wider and all that and mounted on a lightweight wheel like the Enkeis I have, it's a vast improvement imo. The only downside is that I have lost some of the dartiness that was initially present but I used to drive a Mini Cooper and don't necessarily want a go-kart feel, I wanted more grip and a better ride so I am happy with my decision. It worked just like I thought. I expected a slight reduction in steering feel and dartiness and I am okay with that, the car still feels incredible especially with solid engine mounts and soon I will be installing rigid collars (have them) and maybe a sway bar or chassis brace to stiffen things further. The stiffer the better imo, as long as it doesn't get too heavy. I hope this info helps yall make the best decision for yourself and your circumstances and desires.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm running 18 inch wheels 8.5 inch wide I believe. Tires are 245 40 18 for sure. Michelin PS4S all season 97 load rating. I had slight fender rub on the fronts only, back are same size tires and wheels and were fine. I bought a fender roller and still have it around (anyone want to buy it off me? I should probably sell it since I don't plan on rolling any more fenders any time soon). The front fenders had to be rolled a bit for my front wheels to clear. Even without rolling, damage to the tire was very superficial and minimal and would not affect life of tire at all I bet. I've replaced 3 already and I bought my car with 3k miles and OEM Pirellis... put Michelins on at 3k miles. 7 tires later I'm at 15k miles barely with 3 new tires and 1 bare one. I hope I pick up another nail soon! 🤤 Tire&wheel insurance at cost. Perks of selling cars and helping to sell tire and wheel insurance all the time maybe. If anyone wants a car from me around Dallas I bet I can get you tire&wheel at cost too, car at MSRP minus applicable factory incentives. (Just throwing it out there I do not mean to advertise and will not continue to do so I promise).

Ride was improved for me greatly with the crappy pavement where I live. Grip is much greater too, cornering, accelerating, braking... at least 10% more I would estimate in every direction. It's crazy. I think these tires are stickier than the original Pirellis in addition to being wider and all that and mounted on a lightweight wheel like the Enkeis I have, it's a vast improvement imo. The only downside is that I have lost some of the dartiness that was initially present but I used to drive a Mini Cooper and don't necessarily want a go-kart feel, I wanted more grip and a better ride so I am happy with my decision. It worked just like I thought. I expected a slight reduction in steering feel and dartiness and I am okay with that, the car still feels incredible especially with solid engine mounts and soon I will be installing rigid collars (have them) and maybe a sway bar or chassis brace to stiffen things further. The stiffer the better imo, as long as it doesn't get too heavy. I hope this info helps yall make the best decision for yourself and your circumstances and desires.
Thanks! Have any pics?

· Registered
2020 Veloster N PP
97 Posts
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Starting with a throw back to when I first got my car and started working on it. I still lived in an apartment back then and worked on it in the parking lot FBO including downpipe, wheels, etc.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

After I put on wheels and mudflaps. No visor guards here yet. This is in front of my workplace.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

I liked this random plate number so I transferred it to my wife's Tucson Hybrid for a grand total of $0.50 which I paid in quarters. Texas is like that.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Day time shot

Automotive tail & brake light Tire Vehicle registration plate Wheel Car

New license plate. RIP Ken block. Not an original idea I admit but I love it and identify with it weirdly. I will be a safe driver in public though obviously, only caused one wreck when I was a teen 20 yrs ago and none since. Clean driving record at the moment and I plan on keeping it that way despite what the plate and the noise and looks of the car might suggest (esp with carbon fiber hood... I expect more cop attention). Sorry it's dirty in the last pic, I haven't been able to drive in the past month or so as my foot has been injured. I miss driving my baby.

Did you guys know that we can drive our cars with one foot even if stick shift? Let off clutch in first slowly without touching gas. It just goes. Clutch, second, let go slowly without touching gas. Now you're in 2nd if you didn't stall due to low speed. You can actually drive like this to 6th although obviously I don't recommend making a habit of it. But good to know that in an EMERGENCY situation, if you need you, you really can get this car going with one foot even if it has three pedals. Amazing. Plus auto rev match and hill start assist and it's the easiest manual car I've ever owned to drive and not stall in. It almost feels like it drives itself sometimes it's spooky, like an extension of the mind.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts