Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is no denying that the VN is a good value for the money, but all that changes if you are considering a lease. Thanks to some new info online, the first lease on the Veloster N starts at $429 for 36 months and that's with $2,299 due at signing. All things factored in the essential cost will be just shy of $500/month which is ridiculous imo for a 250hp Hyundai. https://jalopnik.com/dont-bother-leasing-the-hyundai-veloster-n-1831038250
It should be noted that sport compacts and hot hatchbacks are historically cars that don’t have the best lease programs, but leasing a 250 horsepower Hyundai for almost $500 per month is especially insane.

There are three main reasons for this bonkers high lease price. First, there are no major rebates or discounts on the Veloster N, which isn’t terribly surprising since it just hit the market. Second, the money factor (which is essentially an interest rate) on this lease is 0.00226 which translates to an APR of about 5.4 percent.

Finally, the Veloster N is not predicted to hold its value very well, with its residual at 52 percent. All of these things combine into a perfect storm of a very expensive lease.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Wow nearly $100 more to lease than a new WRX or GTI. In fact if this pricing is accurate then its even more expensive than a Kia Stinger or G70. Hyundai is going to have to start offering some steep incentives if they want anyone to go this route.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Not very reasonable at all and I don't know how Hyundai justified them in the first place. Decisions like this are just going to cut down on the consumer base they can draw from.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the exact reason why more people are considering getting on board with these new subscription services. Sure you don't actually own the car, but its far more cost effective and risk free route to go.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Once we see numbers of how fast car makers are able to pay off for cars with subscriptions I think most will be quite surprised.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Has Hyundai mentioned if the VN will become a part of their Hyundai Plus service? I think as of now they've only got 4 vehicles from their portfolio as options.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Dealers should have more insight on this especially if it varies from dealer to dealer. So far Hyundai's main site gives no direction on VN's.

·
Registered
48 Posts
It does look like they have kept subscription options to just SUV's and sedans so far. But we do know that the dated dealership model is long overdue for a change.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Seen some pop-up and booth style ways that car makers reach out to customers.

In the process they get a lot of lurkers but foot traffic is still foot traffic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Some months ago, I bought my car in leasing. It is good that you don't need to pay suddenly the entire sum, but I didn't have enough money for myself. So, I started to search for another work, while staying on the Internet I came across a few ways to make money fast. I read them and I decided to sell my photos because I like to take many photos. In one week, I sold more than 15 photos. For me is just a hobby which brings me money and now I can afford everything I want.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I didn't want to lease a VN because they only allow 10K miles a year,
and since this is my daily driver I drive at least 14K miles a year

1 - 12 of 12 Posts