Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put on my LS Plus series headlights today (those are the $130 ones) and I don't think I could really recommend them. They don't throw any further than the low beams, so it's basically as if I have a light bar as a low beam. There's definitely a lot of light output, but that's not necessarily what I was looking for, I wanted it to throw a lot further down road. I don't think I have the lights positioned incorrectly either, I have the LED chips at 3 and 9 like the directions call for. I also installed a Boomba RMM. Definitely a lot easier to do than my Speed3 one. When I did it the mount had a hole for a bolt that wasn't bored out enough that I had to fix myself. The Boomba one fit perfect and took me about 45 minutes to do just because I had to keep finding my tools. 10/10 would recommend it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sorry about that man. I got the Lasfit 9005 $54 bulbs and they are awesome. You really get throw with them. True, its not an offroad light bar, but considering these cost $54 compared to almost 2K in forward lights in my Xterra, these are a dam steal. Also, with the chips facing 3 ad 9, bring correct, the cut or machined portion is also directional. For low beams you wan the thinner edge down, for the high beam.. you want the thinner edge up. But sorry you are not happy man.

But if you have a light bar, some are VERY impressive, but them some are not... This is from the front of my X

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your post was the reason I actually got them lol. Yeah, I always wanna go back and compare every light to my Speed3. My stock HIDs on my Speed3 were still the best lights I've ever had. I had the tech package so they were auto leveling/followed with the way you turned the steering wheel too. I did LEDs on my wife's Challenger and hated them. They were dimmer than the stock halogens, and the stock halogens are abysmal at best. Oh well, I may end up retrofitting an HID kit some day. For now the brightness is great up close, just not the throw I was looking for.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still sorry brother, but best of luck finding something you like. But I take it you like your N still, right? Be safe out there man.
Oh absolutely. My N in stock form handles as well as my Speed3 did with $2500 in suspension stuff. Power is definitely way down. I'm probably only making 240 at the wheels with the N and I was making right around 400 at the wheels with my Speed. Definitely won't be winning any races with it, but that wasn't why I bought it lol. It was just for a fun daily. I have plans to fix my Speed eventually and shoot for 800-900 wheel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts