Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT 2021 Jeep Gladitaor Ecodiesel
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So far I really Like it. I got the Mustang when I needed to replace a car in 2016 and actually was trying to get into a Focus RS but it had just come out and the timing made it impossible to find one so I ended up with the GT. Everything else aside I think the Mustang is likely pretty similar to the SS but a bit better to be in as a daily driver IMO because the Camaro feels a bit more claustrophobic.

The Mustang has 435hp and is a loud, angry, awesome car. I will definitely miss certain things about it. I live in Wisconsin and I got a set of sick winter tires and had a lot of fun playing in the snow and beating the crap out of it the last few years. I've been thinking about making a change and 4 winters and a dog have made it a difficult sell in a world where there are plenty of others that keep it trapped in a garage in almost new condition. My brother offered me a decent amount for it and I Sold it thinking I'd be happy with my F150 until my lease is over next year.

I lasted like 3 days before I was looking at cars again. I wanted to get something similar to the RS I was hoping to get at one point and try something a bit different than the Mustang. RS and ST's are difficult to find here . I looked at the 2.0 supra, but felt like I wouldn't be happy getting the lame version- like getting a v6 mustang (sorry v6 mustang bois). 55k for the 3.0 supra is more than I wanted to spend. I stumbled upon the Donut Media and Engineering explained videos on the Veloster on youtube that were done recently and test drove one the next day.

I think I enjoy having a fun car that doesn't stand out much as the Mustang. The people that know what the car is might appreciate it and those are the only people I really want to talk to.No longer will I leave the gas station to an old man waiting by my car to talk **** about bringing it out in the snow or having a dog in it lol (happend quite a bit) . Traded the 5.0 scream for very satisfying pops. I like that I can push the Veloster a bit more and experience the sounds and feel of the car without going extremely fast. It's easy to Make the Mustang go way too fast without even making it work so you just always feel like your holding back. It's hard to explain but if you've been in an SS you may kind of understand. So far I've enjoyed some of the differences. I will miss RWD. I have only trucks or RWD cars my entire life and this is the first time i've had to deal with any amount of torque steer. I think I'll survive though!

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
557 Posts
When I bought my Gen Coupe I could not believe how much I missed RWD and the feel of it. The VN does not have the feel of a typical FWD car. Of course hitting it and going sideways is not going to happen, but this is a fun and engaging ride.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Veloster N DCT
36 Posts
I had a S550 with the Edelbrock Stage II Kit before selling it for a challenger hellcat. Traded my 2015 GTI in for a 2021 VN DCT. The only thing I can honestly say I miss about the mustang were the heated and cooled seats. Was your mustang a 6r80 car or a manual?

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT 2021 Jeep Gladitaor Ecodiesel
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I bought my Gen Coupe I could not believe how much I missed RWD and the feel of it. The VN does not have the feel of a typical FWD car. Of course hitting it and going sideways is not going to happen, but this is a fun and engaging ride.
Yeah I'll get used to the Front Drive. I'm so used to driving with RWD in the snow I'll probably crap myself if I turn the wheel and feel like I'm still going straight. I'm much more used to the idea of spinning into a snowbank :). I have to replace the stock summers that come on it. Do you drive it a lot in PA in the winter? any Recommendations? . My mustang was really great in the snow with winters and a bit of extra weight in back which is good becasue nobody stops to help Mustangs in the ditch in a storm lol.

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
557 Posts
Yeah I'll get used to the Front Drive. I'm so used to driving with RWD in the snow I'll probably crap myself if I turn the wheel and feel like I'm still going straight. I'm much more used to the idea of spinning into a snowbank :). I have to replace the stock summers that come on it. Do you drive it a lot in PA in the winter? any Recommendations? . My mustang was really great in the snow with winters and a bit of extra weight in back which is good becasue nobody stops to help Mustangs in the ditch in a storm lol.
I have my VN up on four jack stands. Those Pirelli's are not suitable below 45 degrees F. I have snow tires on my Genesis Coupe. I am going to buy 18" rims and all-season tires so that I can drive it year around. I have not gotten around to it yet. My Gen Coupe has gone places with winter tires that even shocked me, but I have lived in upstate NY (Binghamton and Syracuse) plus Eastern Idaho, so I have some snow driving creds.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So far I really Like it. I got the Mustang when I needed to replace a car in 2016 and actually was trying to get into a Focus RS but it had just come out and the timing made it impossible to find one so I ended up with the GT. Everything else aside I think the Mustang is likely pretty similar to the SS but a bit better to be in as a daily driver IMO because the Camaro feels a bit more claustrophobic.

The Mustang has 435hp and is a loud, angry, awesome car. I will definitely miss certain things about it. I live in Wisconsin and I got a set of sick winter tires and had a lot of fun playing in the snow and beating the crap out of it the last few years. I've been thinking about making a change and 4 winters and a dog have made it a difficult sell in a world where there are plenty of others that keep it trapped in a garage in almost new condition. My brother offered me a decent amount for it and I Sold it thinking I'd be happy with my F150 until my lease is over next year.

I lasted like 3 days before I was looking at cars again. I wanted to get something similar to the RS I was hoping to get at one point and try something a bit different than the Mustang. RS and ST's are difficult to find here . I looked at the 2.0 supra, but felt like I wouldn't be happy getting the lame version- like getting a v6 mustang (sorry v6 mustang bois). 55k for the 3.0 supra is more than I wanted to spend. I stumbled upon the Donut Media and Engineering explained videos on the Veloster on youtube that were done recently and test drove one the next day.

I think I enjoy having a fun car that doesn't stand out much as the Mustang. The people that know what the car is might appreciate it and those are the only people I really want to talk to.No longer will I leave the gas station to an old man waiting by my car to talk **** about bringing it out in the snow or having a dog in it lol (happend quite a bit) . Traded the 5.0 scream for very satisfying pops. I like that I can push the Veloster a bit more and experience the sounds and feel of the car without going extremely fast. It's easy to Make the Mustang go way too fast without even making it work so you just always feel like your holding back. It's hard to explain but if you've been in an SS you may kind of understand. So far I've enjoyed some of the differences. I will miss RWD. I have only trucks or RWD cars my entire life and this is the first time i've had to deal with any amount of torque steer. I think I'll survive though!
Yeah I understand when renting the ss i pushed it against a heavily modified 135i XD that thing was actually very composed towards the limit but it felt heavy and was feeling scared to push it more unlike the VN like you said, I push that thing to the max everyday hahaha

·
Registered
2020 Manual Performance Blue N, stock. PPF on front.
291 Posts
You'll find that if you push the N too hard into corners it will understeer, and it gets worse as the temperature goes down.
The N probably has the second best turn in of all the hot hatchbacks sold in NA, the Type-R having the best(least understeer.)
Enjoy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Oh you can go sideways hahaha, try getting off the gas in a corner XD
You'll find that if you push the N too hard into corners it will understeer, and it gets worse as the temperature goes down.
The N probably has the second best turn in of all the hot hatchbacks sold in NA, the Type-R having the best(least understeer.)
Enjoy.
Enjoy.
Yeah noticed it in cold, thankfully it doesn't really get bellow 40 in San Jose but can tell the difference haha. Stock tires are snappy in rain, wish they had ps4s on them, but gotta feel every car to its limit and I feel the VN has a lot more give that other cars I've driven at the limit!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Oh you can go sideways hahaha, try getting off the gas in a corner XD

Yeah noticed it in cold, thankfully it doesn't really get bellow 40 in San Jose but can tell the difference haha. Stock tires are snappy in rain, wish they had ps4s on them, but gotta feel every car to its limit and I feel the VN has a lot more give that other cars I've driven at the limit!
Sorry thought you were responding to original comment, I've found the car to have the most understeer in the cold and rain, maybe I'm too soon to let off the gas and brake hard hahaha

·
Registered
2020 Manual Performance Blue N, stock. PPF on front.
291 Posts
My VW GTI had some of the worst oversteer, while my Fiesta ST had very good turn in.
Guess it all has to do with how well engineered the front suspension is.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts