·
Super Moderator
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Reactions: RedVN

·
Registered
358 Posts
Excellent choices imo. Other than the axle back those are all near the top of my list (along with sxth fmic and boomba rmm)

·
Super Moderator
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I want an new inter cooler but they are too expensive right now. If CP-e would make one we could probably get a bolt-on kit with no modifications for about 500 bucks. I put one on my 2014 Fusion ant it was 469 bucks with free shipping. This 800 or 900 dollar pricing is total garbage... That's just my opinion...

Those choices should give me a nice power and torque boost. Can't wait to get started...

Br,

-Mike

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah $900 for an intercooler that small is too much.

I ordered an AFE intake myself. Too good a deal to pass on. The stock filter is really pretty sizable, so i will be really interested to see if this new unit can deliver any noticeable gain.

The Mod bug has bit!

·
Super Moderator
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah $900 for an intercooler that small is too much.

I ordered an AFE intake myself. Too good a deal to pass on. The stock filter is really pretty sizable, so i will be really interested to see if this new unit can deliver any noticeable gain.

The Mod bug has bit!
LOL! You ain't $hitting! Ha, ha.... I bought the AFE for the 4" flange for the Forge turbo tube and the enclosed unit box to use along with the Velossa Tech Ram-Air inlet I already have. Should work awesome together.

Br,

-Mike

·
Super Moderator
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Ghost Check out this video, looks like Hyundai N performance Parts is coming out with their own Intake.

https://youtu.be/O7y8xJ3UsLs
That intake is very nice. It almost looks like the Takeda one except it has a ribbed rubber intake hose. The Takeda one doesn't. Other than that it does look very sweet. I love the CF wing.... That may be on my list in a couple years. Thanks for the video.

Br,

-Mike

·
Super Moderator
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
No Boomba lower engine mount?
Already had it. The vibrations for me on a daily driver just wasn't worth it. I also gave it a while. The vibration at 1200 rpm's never went away. Young hot rodders will love it; I'm just not that... I am just too old I guess.... lol...

I have 80 durometer PowerFlex bushings in place of the crappy originals. These offer no vibrations and very minimal wheel hop. For me this is a very good compromise.

Br,

-Mike

·
Registered
132 Posts
Alreagy had it. The vibrations for me on a daily driver just wasn't worth it. I also gave it a while. The vibration at 1200 rpm's never went away. Young hot rodders will love it; I'm just not that... I am just too old I guess.... lol...

I have 80 durometer PowerFlex bushings in place of the crappy originals. These offer no vibrations and very minimal wheel hop. For me this is a very good compromise.

Br,

-Mike

You should NEVER drive a Veloster N at 1200 rpm.

You should only very briefly see that RPM on a cold start or as you're giving it gas to get moving in 1st gear.

·
Super Moderator
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I meant when you take off from a stop. My bad.

Br,

-Mike

·
Registered
43 Posts
Can you weigh the stock exhaust system versus the AFE system before you put it on? They were not able to tell me specifics when I asked.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Hey Ghost Check out this video, looks like Hyundai N performance Parts is coming out with their own Intake.

https://youtu.be/O7y8xJ3UsLs
yes they've been released finally in Korea. Other locations are to follow.:grin:
You should NEVER drive a Veloster N at 1200 rpm.

You should only very briefly see that RPM on a cold start or as you're giving it gas to get moving in 1st gear.
Not really the engine pulls very well from low rpm to redline without any ill effects.
That intake is very nice. It almost looks like the Takeda one except it has a ribbed rubber intake hose. The Takeda one doesn't. Other than that it does look very sweet. I love the CF wing.... That may be on my list in a couple years. Thanks for the video.

Br,

-Mike
Wouldn't have it. The box is smaller and it utilizes the OEM Intake Tube. There are other parts if you look closely ie, strut brace (0.20 seconds) etc.:grin: Pay attention to the video closely and you'll see them.

·
Super Moderator
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Can you weigh the stock exhaust system versus the AFE system before you put it on? They were not able to tell me specifics when I asked.
I will do my best with that.

Br,

-Mike

Reactions: RedVN

·
Super Moderator
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mike, the best way is to stand on the scale with the individual exhaust pieces, then subtract your personal weight difference.
Great idea, Red! Will do...

Br,

-Mike

·
Super Moderator
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My axle back AFE exhaust came in today. Looks very simple to install!!! I gotta tell ya, it's a great Valentine's Day gift to myself! lol....

Br,

-Mike

1 - 20 of 23 Posts