Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, glad there’s already a forum for these cars!

My name is Kevin and live in Austin Texas. After test driving several cars (and passing on a cornflower blue GTI rabbit) Finally decided the N was what I wanted. It truely felt unlike anything else I had driven to that point and after comparing it directly to the gti, I found the driving feel and power felt was superior (although man the gti rabbit is good).

Anyway, my veloster N w/ performance pack had sold by the time I got back to the dealer but luckily they had another one on its way from the factory currently in California. Put down my $500 deposit and now I’m playing the waiting game 🙂

·
Registered
83 Posts
Congratulations! I'm in the same place; I saw that my local dealer was getting the PP VN in Performance Blue, so I put a $500 deposit on it so I would have the rights to it when it arrived.

Incidentally, the factory is not in California. The cars are assembled overseas, shipped to California, and then trucked to the dealers.

When did your dealer tell you your car would arrive? Mine said anytime between the 1st of this month and the 25th, and he couldn't pin it down any better than that. Another forum member, Xplorguy, told me,
The dealer has access to a "Shipment Tracker" which has your specific VIN number with detailed shipment information. Starts with shipment date from Korea, port arrival, shipment out of port of entry and dealer arrival date. The delay from port arrival to arrival at the dealership can be 3 weeks or more....

Dealers generally don't pay much attention to this information because they are more on a "they arrive when they arrive" mode. Unusual for them to have a customer with a deposit down on a car and can hardly wait for its arrival! This may be part of the reason dealerships do not want to order a car specifically for a customer..more admin checking on arrival status...
I haven't had a chance to ask my dealer about any of this, but if you do, please post what you find out. I'd be really interested to know if this is true and the dealer can find out exactly when the car will arrive. Thanks.

What color is the car you're waiting for?

Max

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Max, I order mine in performance blue as well! I think it’s the best color hands down, even if it wasn’t the signature color it’s what I would have gone with since I’m a Bmw fan and it really reminds me of yas marina blue on the current generation m3.

As far as shipping goes, I was told May 13th (I’m writing this April 15th) was the day it was going to be arriving at my dealer. The dealer had already ordered one, and I just happened to come in at the right time and basically buy it before they had time to advertise it. My salesman said it was currently waiting in California but since I put a deposit on it, it may expedite the process. I don’t think is going to be true, I think it’s gunna get here when it gets here 🏼 My salesman did say he’d update me once a week on its whereabouts (they do have shipping numbers) and let me know. I’ll update it in this thread!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just an update, Turns out my car was expedited from California to Austin and should be here Thursday April 25th. I was told it may be expedited but didnt really think that was a thing. Anyway if any of you are waiting on cars to be delivered or are thinking about ordering one, it may take less time than you think!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I put a deposit on one on the 1st of this month and was told it could come anytime between the next day and the 25th. I'm still waiting, and I've resigned myself to the fact that it probably won't get here until that last day. :'(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put a deposit on one on the 1st of this month and was told it could come anytime between the next day and the 25th. I'm still waiting, and I've resigned myself to the fact that it probably won't get here until that last day. :'(
Man that sucks. Sounds like your dealer hasnt been too willing to keep you updated either :/ well, hopefully it will make the first drive that much sweeter!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone, glad there’s already a forum for these cars!

My name is Kevin and live in Austin Texas. After test driving several cars (and passing on a cornflower blue GTI rabbit) Finally decided the N was what I wanted. It truely felt unlike anything else I had driven to that point and after comparing it directly to the gti, I found the driving feel and power felt was superior (although man the gti rabbit is good).

Anyway, my veloster N w/ performance pack had sold by the time I got back to the dealer but luckily they had another one on its way from the factory currently in California. Put down my $500 deposit and now I’m playing the waiting game 🙂
Max, I order mine in performance blue as well! I think it’s the best color hands down, even if it wasn’t the signature color it’s what I would have gone with since I’m a Bmw fan and it really reminds me of yas marina blue on the current generation m3.

As far as shipping goes, I was told May 13th (I’m writing this April 15th) was the day it was going to be arriving at my dealer. The dealer had already ordered one, and I just happened to come in at the right time and basically buy it before they had time to advertise it. My salesman said it was currently waiting in California but since I put a deposit on it, it may expedite the process. I don’t think is going to be true, I think it’s gunna get here when it gets here 🏼 My salesman did say he’d update me once a week on its whereabouts (they do have shipping numbers) and let me know. I’ll update it in this thread!
hello sir! I was just wondering if you can special order from the factory. I want the veloster N with the sport seats and DCT with Performance Blue. I really want it but fear it may never come to my area without ordering. Please help. Any info is much appreciated

1 - 7 of 7 Posts