Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Veloster N
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Virginia, we are required to have a front plate. When I bought the car, it already had the front bumper drilled. I didn't really care about it. I recently was browsing JBR's website and they mentioned the mount opening up the bottom grille for more airflow into the IC and radiator.

So I decided to check how much space the license plate takes.

It isn't huge, but it still blocks the part of the opening. Since these cars were tested with no front plates, it wouldn't hurt to open it up.

So I got the JBR mount so I can just rotate it off the tow hook on track, hook on the stock tow hook, and drive on track like this. This will make minimal differences in temps, but at least it's something lol. It doesn't look terrible.

Now the product itself is well built. It was easy to install. There were no instructions for this specific product. I used the one they had for a Mazda. In the video below, I outline which socket sizes and torque values you need. I have yet to drive this around and see if it moves from vibrations. So far it's very solid.

Also, yes, car needs a wash. It has been sooooo cold here in Northern VA. :(

Video:

·
Super Moderator
1,196 Posts
I have this mount and like it a lot. Very easy install and it looks great.

Best regards,

-Mike

Reactions: brzgw

·
Registered
2020 Veloster N w/PP
214 Posts
The one and only good thing about living in Pennsylvania as it relates to cars is NO FRONT PLATE. Of course the condition of our roads pretty much negates this sadly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts