Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my friends, how are you? I am new to the world of VN. I hope you can help me. I am confused about jb4 or lap3 ?
what is the best?
Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
I installed the lap3 Protane and have put 14,000 miles on it without any reliability issues. The only issue that I did run into is that mine is very sensitive to what gas I put it in. So I switched from the 93 tune to the 92 octane tune and have had absolutely no issues since then. From my understanding the Jb4 is a very popular choice and allows for a ton of user adjustments compared to the lap3. I do believe that the lap3 does put down more power on a Dyno with pump gas but it is very close. If you want to have more customization options with the maps you might prefer the Jb4. If you want to plug in the tuner and pick from three or four preset maps then you might prefer the lap3 pro tuner. I should also mention that there are two other solid options in the afe scorcher and rev6 so you can look into those as well. Others on this board have said good things about them. Good luck

·
Registered
2019 Veloster N PP / MT / Perf Blue.
276 Posts
I installed the lap3 Protane and have put 14,000 miles on it without any reliability issues. The only issue that I did run into is that mine is very sensitive to what gas I put it in. So I switched from the 93 tune to the 92 octane tune and have had absolutely no issues since then. From my understanding the Jb4 is a very popular choice and allows for a ton of user adjustments compared to the lap3. I do believe that the lap3 does put down more power on a Dyno with pump gas but it is very close. If you want to have more customization options with the maps you might prefer the Jb4. If you want to plug in the tuner and pick from three or four preset maps then you might prefer the lap3 pro tuner. I should also mention that there are two other solid options in the afe scorcher and rev6 so you can look into those as well. Others on this board have said good things about them. Good luck
Modjack do you have a DP or intercooler w/ your lap3 tune?

-JE

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hello my friends, how are you? I am new to the world of VN. I hope you can help me. I am confused about jb4 or lap3 ?
what is the best?
Thanks
I do not have a tune but I have spoken with many people who are very happy w/ the JB4, others very happy with Rev6, and others happy with Lap 3, and others happy with AFE. I have an inquisitive mind and so I like to ask around to all sorts of people and gather their experiences and wisdom.

I have not heard many complaints from any of the people who actually have them or use them. I have heard complaints by people who do not have them but hardly any from people with them and most of those issues were resolved pretty easily.

As stated above - different price points get you different options and warranty from the manufacturer of the tune.

-JE

·
Registered
276 Posts
I do not have either of those two. I only have a pipercross drop-in air filter and the hks spark plugs engine wise
Nice brother. Glad to hear you are enjoying it so much just as the tune! That says a lot! Thanks for the reply!

-JE

1 - 7 of 7 Posts