Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice. I have paid for my son’s but will not be picking it up until the 30th. They had the windows tinted today. Have already ordered over $1K worth of stuff. Jump in the member build thread and start a post with your intentions so we can track.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ceramic coating is a great idea the cars paint scratches easily at car washes so I’d suggest washing by hand. That said the car looks great clean apply some wax to the wheels to make wiping off brake dust easy (the dust builds up quickly).
I never wash my car in car washes. I'm a two bucket method on all my vehicles.
I have new wheels in bound they will be Ceramic coated once here as well.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Nothing wrong with touch-less car washes or wand washing. They actually do a better job at removing particulate debris that scratch and cause swirls.

However, I’d stay away from any brushed type car washes. You get the pleasure of someone else’s debris on you paint finish, with swirl marks and scratches from brushes, rather fiber or plastic,👍🇺🇸

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nothing wrong with touch-less car washes or wand washing. They actually do a better job at removing particulate debris that scratch and cause swirls.

However, I’d stay away from any brushed type car washes. You get the pleasure of someone else’s debris on you paint finish, with swirl marks and scratches from brushes, rather fiber or plastic,👍🇺🇸
That's the truth.

·
Registered
143 Posts

The problem with touchless car washes is that the detergent is so aggressive that it pulls up any waxes you have on the paint. So you might want to reapply a wax not long after using them. For most people who care about their cars paint and appearance, it's not really a problem because you'd be doing it anyway. But for the average person just running through the wash every once in a while, you're not going to have much protection.

Not sure how this applies to ceramic coated vehicles or PPF.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts