Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still trying to find myself a used N with PP and the search has been hard. Biggest problem is that all of the cars are out of state and too far to travel to inspect.

I have my eye on one in particular, but to me it looks like the car is on lowering springs. The dealer said it's completely stock though.

Can you let me know what you guys think? Is it just the angles that make it seem lower than it is?

I'm really not a big fan of lowering springs, especially on an adaptive damper.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Looks a little low, probably not H&R low but possibly Whiteline? Doubt they're Eibachs.

But if the dealer says it's on stock suspension I guess they'll warranty the dampers for the full duration?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's at a Honda dealer, so not sure how Hyundai would view that for warranty work.

·
Registered
118 Posts
On a Honda Lot? Hmm...wonder if someone traded it in on Civic Type R? Ha. Curious though how much their wanting for that Veloster N? It does seem low to mean, but then again it could be just the angles in the pics. And as of right now there is no way I would trade mine in on another car. Well when the 2021 comes out I might trade my 2019 for another N. Love this car!!

·
Registered
876 Posts
Lowering Springs won't affect the warranty or the function of the adaptive suspension, but this one is not lowered. Can't see the front/rear tires either. They're at half life anyway with 10K miles.

Too much for the mileage, $23.5 tops with 10K miles. You can find a 2019 base model new, for the price they quoting. Low mileage is considered 3K or below. Take off nearly $7500 for depreciation when it left the Hyundai lot new. 2020 are out, you may as well say $12K depreciation when purchased and roll off the lot. You'd have to invest is GAP Insurance also, which is more expense.

·
Registered
876 Posts
$22.5 OTD tops as it not Hyundai Certified. I wouldn't buy from a Honda used car lot either. is the car list as an "as is" warranty?

·
Super Moderator
884 Posts
Looks lowered to me. It may be an optical illusion though. I remember seeing an oasis on the way home too. LOL....

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
876 Posts
Then mines lowered as well and I've not touched the springs at all. Based upon the relative tire to wheel well clearance, it's the same as mine.:grin: However, I do utilize a Mando ESC 10 Suspension Module Tune which does not lower the suspension either.:wink:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Any particular reason you want a used one?

My thinking financially speaking is that the difference in a loan between their asking price of ~$26K vs a brand new, out the door with no real miles for ~$31K, I'd buy new. The tires are close to $1000 to replace, and they're as noted before already half worn. The car has been turned in rather quickly as they only were introduced a year ago, and it was obviously driven a lot in that year as it's got 10K on it already.

Not worth the $4000 savings over a brand new one to me. Payments are what, $16/1000? SO it'll cost you an extra $70/month give or take for new vs used.

·
Super Moderator
884 Posts
Looks lowered to me. It may be an optical illusion though. I remember seeing an oasis on the way home too. LOL....

Best regards,

-Mike
I have a 2 finger gap between the top of the tire to the fender. Mine looks like PBN's.

BTW - Sorry for the dry sense of humor. I have been told before it's worse than a glass of red wine...... :smile_big: See what happens when you get old? lol...

Br,

-Mike

Reactions: RedVN

·
Registered
310 Posts
Then mines lowered as well and I've not touched the springs at all. Based upon the relative tire to wheel well clearance, it's the same as mine.
However, I do utilize a Mando ESC 10 Suspension Module Tune which does not lower the suspension either.
Yeah but you have 300 lbs of mods & accessories that help it sit lower. Haha just kiddin! Red yours still looks higher imo.

Jay, can you just take a tape measure to the one for sale at the Honda lot and see?

Attachments

·
Registered
876 Posts
LMAO!!!:grin: I'm using spring risers for all that extra weight!!!:grin:

From the parallel perspective, I believe it's different visually. If and I say if it has lowered springs, I would bypass it quickly, especially for what the dealership is asking. Some modifications actually detract from the price of a used car, even though meant as an enhancement.

Dealerships & salesman will tout that it has modifications, just to squeeze you for the extra penny. However, when you trade it in they'll be the first to tell you, "we don't pay extra for modifications," so neither am I!:grin:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Any particular reason you want a used one?

My thinking financially speaking is that the difference in a loan between their asking price of ~$26K vs a brand new, out the door with no real miles for ~$31K, I'd buy new. The tires are close to $1000 to replace, and they're as noted before already half worn. The car has been turned in rather quickly as they only were introduced a year ago, and it was obviously driven a lot in that year as it's got 10K on it already.

Not worth the $4000 savings over a brand new one to me. Payments are what, $16/1000? SO it'll cost you an extra $70/month give or take for new vs used.
Monthly budget mostly and also not wanting to take the depreciation hit of buying new.

I'm not too worried about the tires, I work from home so I don't put a lot of miles on my car. I would end up replacing them before they're completely worn with a 200TW for autocross and track use anyway. I would do the same if I bought new.

I offered them 24k OTD which would be 260/month, with my down payment.
Brand new that would jump to 383/month. So it's a pretty significant difference.

But, it's all for not because they declined the offer.

·
Super Moderator
884 Posts
Monthly budget mostly and also not wanting to take the depreciation hit of buying new.

I'm not too worried about the tires, I work from home so I don't put a lot of miles on my car. I would end up replacing them before they're completely worn with a 200TW for autocross and track use anyway. I would do the same if I bought new.

I offered them 24k OTD which would be 260/month, with my down payment.
Brand new that would jump to 383/month. So it's a pretty significant difference.

But, it's all for not because they declined the offer.
They said "NO" over 700 bucks? If so, then they are a stupid bunch of dildo's! Seriously!!! I have a gut feeling if you don't contact them for a day or two, you are getting a call from them. I can't believe they would want to lose a deal over $700. Idiots!!! Don't worry, you'll find one.

Br,

-Mike

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
24k was out the door. So it was about a $2,000 difference in the price of the vehicle.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts