Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I see a lot of people want BOVs and BPVs but like I know it’s fine to use an aftermarket BPV but from what it’s looking like; the VN uses a MAF sensor, so is it actually safe to even run a BOV? Wouldn’t that ruin your whole powertrain?

·
Registered
2019 Veloster N PP / MT / Perf Blue.
587 Posts
Okay, so I see a lot of people want BOVs and BPVs but like I know it’s fine to use an aftermarket BPV but from what it’s looking like; the VN uses a MAF sensor, so is it actually safe to even run a BOV? Wouldn’t that ruin your whole powertrain?
BOV IS FINE. MAP sensor, not MAF sensor.

·
Registered
2019 Veloster N PP / MT / Perf Blue.
587 Posts

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
The MAP sensor is located on the intake manifold. Aftermarket BOVs w/diverter ability & BOV diverters are fine, as long as you purchase the correct one of excellent quality, making sure they are properly installed and adjusted.

Now I will advise right off the top, the use of an aftermarket BOV can cause you warranty problems and is not something which is approved by the Hyundai Assurance Track Warranty. So keep this in mind when you start to modify from OEM specifications.

There are specific guidelines Hyundai will allow and others they won't in line with the, "Hyundai Assurance Track Warranty."

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The MAP sensor is located on the intake manifold. Aftermarket BOVs w/diverter ability & BOV diverters are fine, as long as you purchase the correct one of excellent quality, making sure they are properly installed and adjusted.

Now I will advise right off the top, the use of an aftermarket BOV can cause you warranty problems and is not something which is approved by the Hyundai Assurance Track Warranty. So keep this in mind when you start to modify from OEM specifications.

There are specific guidelines Hyundai will allow and others they won't in line with the, "Hyundai Assurance Track Warranty."
So would that ALL warranties? Even the electrical stuff? When I was talking to the dealership, they only told me that if the part that I’m installing is the reason for whatever failure is going on with my car, then the warranty wouldn’t cover it, it didn’t state anything about completely voiding it. I’m just new to buying new cars so I don’t know a whole lot.

·
Registered
99 Posts
So would that ALL warranties? Even the electrical stuff? When I was talking to the dealership, they only told me that if the part that I’m installing is the reason for whatever failure is going on with my car, then the warranty wouldn’t cover it, it didn’t state anything about completely voiding it. I’m just new to buying new cars so I don’t know a whole lot.
No, not all warranty coverage just engine coverage. If you go in there with an aftermarket BOV and the engine has some kind of turbo related issue, you can be confident they will blame the BOV. Just be prepared to stock out prior to going to the dealer if you start modifying things. In the case of a BOV, switching one out on this car only takes a few minutes.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
Engine warranty only. However they have to prove it caused the issue. A BOV/diverter will not cause turbo failure though, even if it was malfunctioning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts