Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excited to finally see the Veloster N in person once deliveries happen and most importantly to get some seat time. I was in the market for a hot hatch for a few years but wasn't into traditional offers which today are seen as the Civic Type R and Focus RS. I like the Veloster N due to its compactness and the stiffer unibody. If handling in challenging turns become it strong point I might just put through an order of my own. Ultimately it will be my daily and weekend track warrior.

Currently driving an 8th Civic Si Sedan.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Lets just hope that Hyundai can transition away from being seen a discount brand with models like the Veloster N. Lack of aftermarket support has hurt interest in models like the Elantra GT, but hopefully that's a problem that's corrected here.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with them being seen as a value brand. If their vehicles continue to deliver on performance and reliability, these notions will slowly begin to disappear. Look how far their standalone Genesis lineup has come already.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Genesis is really struggling actually. They've been forced to stop production and alter their dealership structure due to poor sales figures last year. The upcoming G70 could help turn things around for them.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
G70 reminds me a lot of the Q50 that while it was a great product, just didn't take off in sales to Infiniti's expectations.
However I think Genesis is open to adjusting to buyers needs if it comes down to that, meanwhile Infiniti doesn't move nearly as fast.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I would never buy a new Infiniti. Imo their design language has gotten really stale and the depreciation that their vehicles see makes it pointless to buy new.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Noticed that as well for myself and for that reason with Luxury Japanese brands, Lexus has taken their spot especially with all the recent changes taking place. Lexus is unmatched.

·
Registered
67 Posts
You guys can say what you want about Infiniti, but there is no denying that they make reliable vehicles. Most luxury vehicles suffer from steep depreciation. Even Lexus sees around a 20% loss year over year.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reliability still doesn't compare to Lexus models, it wouldn't matter to me if they offered more but under performing reliability just creates another reason to avoid them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts