Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2022 Veloster N - Perf Blue - 6spd MT
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a new Rockford Fosgate 300W 10” sealed sub in the rear. Very punchy! A remote volume allows me to dial in just the right amount.
Audio equipment Grey Carbon Synthetic rubber Gadget

I also like a little kick in the butt, so I installed a second 10” compact subwoofer under the driver’s seat. A second remote volume allows for that sub to have just the right amount. The two in combination are incredible!

Since both of these subs accept both high & low level inputs, no converters we’re necessary. Very clean. The rear sub easily unplugs for removal if you need the space for the day - while the underseat sub continues to punch.
Silver Automotive design Output device Automotive lighting Grey

· Registered
2022 Hyundai Veloster N
103 Posts
This is cool, although a catless downpipe already vibrates my seat enough that it'd be tough to feel a sub.

What made you go with the brand and speakers you chose here? If price were no issue I wonder what the best options are.

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guarantee you’d feel it. Honestly, I wasn’t going for HUGE bass. But in my opinion, the VN has NO BASS. To that end, I didn’t feel the need to spend big bucks to get solid bass.

There is not a huge market for super high-end amplified bass systems. They tend to be separate amps, low level inputs, and separate speakers. Maybe even a crossover or two. Easy to spend a lot of money for all this equipment, not to mention the real estate you have to give up.

I chose an amplified subwoofer because they’re easy to unplug, remove and set in the garage. They’re also designed to supplement an existing system. Whats really important is real reviews - verified purchases. I trust Amazon verified purchase reviews. Add the robust and easy return process if I’m not satisfied, well… it’s low risk. Rockford Fosgate IMHO has always sounded great to me. Very punchy!

The underseat amp is Planet Audio. Never owned one, but the reviews were good.. and realistic. ‘Don’t expect the bass of two huge 12” bass pumpers, but if you’re short on space (truck) and looking for additional bass, this is worth the money. $184.

I don’t think I get beyond 1 or 2 on the dial before it’s too much. Don’t want a headache, just some light punch. Really happy with my VN sound system now. I would do it again in a second.

· Registered
2022 Hyundai Veloster N
103 Posts
Good info to have. I was planning on removing the seats and converting the trunk and rear seating to an audio setup but never made the time. Finding a shop you can trust and has a portfolio is tough, although since moving to TN I'll have some more looking to do.

· Registered
11 Posts
I installed a new Rockford Fosgate 300W 10” sealed sub in the rear. Very punchy! A remote volume allows me to dial in just the right amount.
View attachment 11096

I also like a little kick in the butt, so I installed a second 10” compact subwoofer under the driver’s seat. A second remote volume allows for that sub to have just the right amount. The two in combination are incredible!

Since both of these subs accept both high & low level inputs, no converters we’re necessary. Very clean. The rear sub easily unplugs for removal if you need the space for the day - while the underseat sub continues to punch.
View attachment 11097
This is a nice set up. Did you just tap into the amp and rear speakers and then run a power line?

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is a nice set up. Did you just tap into the amp and rear speakers and then run a power line?
Yes! Exactly. I ran two 8awg cables from the battery, through the firewall, to each location (under driver seat - rear trunk area). At the battery, I installed one 4awg cable (about 12” long) to an automotive sound system dual fuse block - (1) 4awg input (battery side) and (2) 8awg outputs (to amps). The 18” 8awg ground cables are at the amp locations. These kits are available from multiple vendors on Amazon. I did buy the ‘dual fuse block’ separately. $12. At all connections of 4&8awg cables, I tinned the wires (solder filled) so the didn’t splay apart and break.

The factory amp has two pairs of speaker output wires to the rear dual voice coil subwoofer speaker.

Voice Coil 1: Green + / Orange -
Voice Coil 2: Pink + / Blue -

I removed both seats (actually just leaned the passenger seat back) to gain access. I spliced into the Green/Orange and fed it into the underseat amplified subwoofer’s high-level input. No LOC (line output converter) required.

In the rear trunk, I spliced into the Pink/Blue at the rear speaker location and fed it into the amplified subwoofer’s high-level input. Again, no LOC required. The rear speaker should no longer be connected to amp (disconnected).

The two remote gain adjustment knobs are located on the side of the center console (driver’s side) under my right thigh. I didn’t want to drill holes for these and just used adhesive Velcro hook & loop to hold them.

If I had to choose between the amps, the rear Rockford Fosgate is incredible for the cost & size. If I only did one, that would be it. I have the 10”, but they also make a 12” that is slightly larger. Bigger boom.

· Registered
11 Posts
Yes! Exactly. I ran two 8awg cables from the battery, through the firewall, to each location (under driver seat - rear trunk area). At the battery, I installed one 4awg cable (about 12” long) to an automotive sound system dual fuse block - (1) 4awg input (battery side) and (2) 8awg outputs (to amps). The 18” 8awg ground cables are at the amp locations. These kits are available from multiple vendors on Amazon. I did buy the ‘dual fuse block’ separately. $12. At all connections of 4&8awg cables, I tinned the wires (solder filled) so the didn’t splay apart and break.

The factory amp has two pairs of speaker output wires to the rear dual voice coil subwoofer speaker.

Voice Coil 1: Green + / Orange -
Voice Coil 2: Pink + / Blue -

I removed both seats (actually just leaned the passenger seat back) to gain access. I spliced into the Green/Orange and fed it into the underseat amplified subwoofer’s high-level input. No LOC (line output converter) required.

In the rear trunk, I spliced into the Pink/Blue at the rear speaker location and fed it into the amplified subwoofer’s high-level input. Again, no LOC required. The rear speaker should no longer be connected to amp (disconnected).

The two remote gain adjustment knobs are located on the side of the center console (driver’s side) under my right thigh. I didn’t want to drill holes for these and just used adhesive Velcro hook & loop to hold them.

If I had to choose between the amps, the rear Rockford Fosgate is incredible for the cost & size. If I only did one, that would be it. I have the 10”, but they also make a 12” that is slightly larger. Bigger boom.
Thank you! I think I may do the same thing. I have a pretty big sub box and sub from my other car buy feel like it would just be too much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts