Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all below i posted a link the a set of lightweight wheels for the I30N, looking for feedback as i found the American equivalent..... OZ Hyper GT HLT in an 18x8 +45 offset....weighing in at only 20lbs per wheel i feel that is very substantial. I was originally looking at a set of Work Emotion M8R wheels, however they weigh alot @ 29 lbs per wheel and are just as expensive. Car is a Red 22 Dct.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have Enkei PF09s as my track wheelset. 18x8.5 +45 offset with 200TW tires and aftermarket TPMS. All in all, each wheel and tire saved about 6.5 pounds compared the stock 19s and Pirellis. So over 25 lbs of unsprung weight reduction. Definitely makes a noticeable difference in acceleration. But I still use the stock 19s on the street and swap over to the Enkeis before heading to track days.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

As far as aesthetics go, I like the look of both 18s and 19s. But 18s are much lighter, have a larger tire selection, way more comfortable when driving through bumps, and I can get a near exact wheel and tire diameter when compared to the stock 19s so my speedo is only off by 1%, which is nothing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@almazing yeah its a tough call either way, the tires i want are available in both sizes, i checked all over fitmentindustries gallery and cant find more than one pic for a 19X8. The oz wheels are only in an 8" +45mm offset so yeah i dont think i stressed over wheels this much ever in my life before lol

·
Registered
2019 smol PP
327 Posts
I like those as well but they are just about the same weight as stock, i would love to lose a few pounds if possible. I am still torn between 18" or sticking with the 19"
They definitely are lighter. I think mine came in at 18-19lbs. There's no way they can be the same weight as stock - stock are cast, these are flow formed.

·
Registered
2019 smol PP
327 Posts
what is the bolt pattern again? did you have to use a spacer or adapter?
5x114 of course. And no spacer needed - +47 for mild fitment (what I have) or +38 for spicy fitment.

·
Registered
2022 PB VN DCT
10 Posts
look up Superspeed in Canada,mine weighs 18.1 and 41 pounds with tires. View attachment 9696
Hey Negi,

I had Superspeeds on my 2020 Si and loved them! I wanted to get a set on my VN but I was worried the 18x8.5 +35 offset would poke too much. Are you running a +45 or +35 offset? Also do you mind posting a pic where you're parallel to the fender so I can judge how much it "pokes" out? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2021 Performance Blue VN 6MT
157 Posts
I posted a pic of 19x8.5 +35mm at

very slight poke.

·
Registered
2022 PB VN DCT
10 Posts
I posted a pic of 19x8.5 +35mm at

very slight poke.
Thank you so much mightar, looks great!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey Negi,

I had Superspeeds on my 2020 Si and loved them! I wanted to get a set on my VN but I was worried the 18x8.5 +35 offset would poke too much. Are you running a +45 or +35 offset? Also do you mind posting a pic where you're parallel to the fender so I can judge how much it "pokes" out? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
I went with +35 as i couldn't wait for the +45 to be in stock.I was having rubbing issues on bumps,if you do go +35 than go with a 225/40 tires,Go with +45 with 235/40 and you will be golden.I rolled my fenders and gonna install camber bolts soon.

·
Registered
2022 PB VN DCT
10 Posts
I went with +35 as i couldn't wait for the +45 to be in stock.I was having rubbing issues on bumps,if you do go +35 than go with a 225/40 tires,Go with +45 with 235/40 and you will be golden.I rolled my fenders and gonna install camber bolts soon.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll definitely look into the +45 offset!

·
Registered
94 Posts
With a +45 offset, you can run 245 tires without rubbing at stock height, and a few of the members here have claimed that 245s with a +45 offset would also not rub on lowered VNs. And it's pretty flush as far as appearance goes.

I imagine that even lower offsets would rub with a tire that wide, but if you're going for that flushed stance look, then it wouldn't matter as you'd likely be running 225s or 235s anyway.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts