Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

Registered
The thing is, if they were to copy the N-Performance original and move it back a bit, they'd have something. This ^ is an abomination.

Every very find yourself trying to justifying the purchase of something like this and no matter how many time you look at it and say, WOW, that will look good on the car, " and it just doesn't work. I'm going to wait for the Chinese to copy it and it will be half the price. 馃ぃ (y)

Kind of reminds me of my 13" Trials Beagles, white tipped tail, up in the air hunting for rabbits.:p馃ぃ

The bad part about this is, the ADRO Wing is aerodynamically sound, is made of CF and is in the $765.00 range. Even the FRP copy of this is around $1300.00. Plus it will take another 30 hp to just drag it around.

Registered
I wouldn't buy it but I don't particularly mind it. What I really want is a lightweight attractive hood that has a nice hood scoop like on the mini coopers or that concept VN.

Super Moderator
I personally think it looks terrible. Can you say "Imperial Tie Fighter" in Star Wars? Ya, I know I'm showing my age but that wing looks developed by Darth Vader. Use the down "Force" Luke.... lol....

I'd never buy it. Just me though....

Best regards,

-Mike

Registered
i'll be honest the look really threw me off when i first saw it but i did happen to see it in person and it looks 10x better in person compared to the pictures.

they do plan on revising the spoiler as this was the first one made.

Registered
An inch, isn't going to do it. Mikes right, it looks like a "Star Wars Tie Fighter." Put it back down on top of the triangle and move it rearwards would be the only way I'd consider buying one.

Someone, is welcome to share this with them or link to it. You can also tell them to lower the cost, it's too expensive for what is there. Now if we could just get the sound right, Bob's your uncle!!! 馃ぃ

Registered
2020 Veloster N
Yikes! I didn't think that GLA wing looked bad until I looked it up and saw that it's a compact suv. Just looks way too out of place there.

Registered
2019 Veloster N PP / MT / Perf Blue.
I think it looks dope! DEfinitely makes a statement. Ive seen it from the side profile and from the front and i think it makes the car look more aggressive and streamlined. Seen some other shots zoomed out and not directly on top of it and I think it looks better from that angle as well.

The rear shot isnt the best but I bet in person it definitely has a presence.

To each his own.

-JE

Registered
This is what SC Garageworks originally wrote;

This wing is designed based off the legendary SEMA Concept N wing that debuted in 2019. It is NOT 100% identical as this was made from images off the internet as the original mold is not available to anyone. Material 100% Carbon Fiber or Fiberglass (please see description below) *Fiberglass...
This is the original concept N-Performance Spoiler put into production not what's above. It complements the VNs lines but doesn't overwhelm them like the SC Garageworks unit.

Registered
This is the original concept N-Performance Spoiler put into production not what's above. It complements the VNs lines;
Surely there is room for everyones opinion and no sense in arguing over personal taste?

Registered
Not arguing, simply commenting on what I see and feel about the spoiler. My opinion is just as valid as others and we all have a right to speak as we feel to express our likes and dislikes.

Registered
Not arguing, simply commenting on what I see and feel about the spoiler. My opinion is just as valid as others and we all have a right to speak as we feel to express our likes and dislikes.
Original reply came off as edgy - I see you edited it - perhaps that was just my own poor interprtation of your text though. It didnt seem like "here's my opinion" but more like "my way is right" and "this is why the other one is bad or wrong."

Again - I could be off in my reading of it.

-JE

Registered
If it's my opinion, I'll generally joke along with it as I have already done. Sometimes, we don't define or extrapolate our complete opinions in one post but several. I added to the comment while you were commenting. I did so, as to make it clearer and more prevalent to you as well as anyone else who reads it.

To me there is good engineering and keen aerodynamics. Then comes the extremes and this in my opinion. To me it functionally and aesthetically an unnecessary extreme. Very similar to putting a giant wing on a car the will provide absolutely no function or aesthetically pleasing value (as pictured below.) That's why I posted the production N-Performance as a contrast, which I do like quite a lot. I not bothered if anyone else likes or dislikes it. It's a matter of personal speculation and taste.馃ぃ(y)

Maybe you're being a bit too sensitive to your critical emotions, then seeing some levity or humor in the comments.(y)

I think you get the drift here. 馃ぃ (y)

This might claify the comments above in the other post;

2019-2021 Veloster N SCGW Concept Wing - SoCal Garage Works
This wing is designed based off the legendary SEMA Concept N wing that debuted in 2019. It is NOT 100% identical as this was made from images off the internet as the original mold is not available to anyone. Material 100% Carbon Fiber or Fiberglass (please see description below) *Fiberglass...
scgarageworks.com
scgarageworks.com

Super Moderator
I wonder how many TV stations you can get in with that wing? :D Who needs cable with that, right?

Best regards,

-Mike

Reactions: RedVN

Super Moderator
Your pics in the previous post makes me want to watch "The Fast and the Furious" series again. Lol....

Br,

-Mike

1 - 20 of 50 Posts