Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting into the meat and potatoes of what we're getting compared to regular Veloster models is the below specifications list. Thought I would post this so folks on the fence about what to buy in this segment can make that decision faster. Personally, the specs are good enough to keep me interested to see more (track/city/highway tests, etc.). Feel free to mention anything else you think Hyundai could include in the next model year.

• 2.0L Turbocharged GDI 4-cylinder engine (estimated 250 hp) (available 275 hp)
  • 6-speed manual transmission with Rev-matching
  • Drive Modes: Normal / Sport / N / Custom
  • MacPherson strut front suspension and multi-link rear suspension
  • Reinforced suspension components
  • Continuous Damping Control (CDC)
  • 18" alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Summer tires
  • N exclusive front fascia and grille
  • N exclusive rear fascia and diffusor with off-center exhaust outlets
  • N exclusive large rear spoiler
  • Cloth sport seats with N blue stitching
  • Proximity entry with push button start (N logo)
  • N exclusive sport steering wheel, shift knob and instrument cluster (tach on right side / shift indicator / Variable RPM)
  • N alloy entrance sill

·
Registered
67 Posts
I would like to see LSD as a standard feature, as this was even an option on the first generation Genesis coupe. Hyundai is clearly trying to market the Veloster N as a cheaper hot hatch and had to exclude some features to keep the base price down.

·
Registered
48 Posts
LSD is a great feature for anyone who plans on running their Veloster year round (which will probably be most). Hyundai is going to have to get some sales under their belt before they can consider updating the standard kit.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any time car makers are able to include some incentive to pay even more you can bet they'll exploit it. Even with vehicles that compete with the Veloster N have proven it.
Hyundai is just following a simple model that has proven to work, i can't blame them, even as someone who has to fork over that extra dough.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If things go well this year you can expect a slight price hike and updated tech for the next MY. I wouldn't be surprised if they are also considering some kind of hybrid powerplant as that's what rumors were suggesting for the new Golf R and Focus RS.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Regardless of what hyundai does they'll still be in the lead with price. I honestly think they should look into offering a package above the current Performance Package.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Regardless of what hyundai does they'll still be in the lead with price. I honestly think they should look into offering a package above the current Performance Package.
I want to say the Golf GTI 2.0T should be up for consideration but the past few years have been bad for VW and historically they've been known for the typical German car woes.
Hyundai has proved they are a stable brand it shows in the new Veloster, even the parts bin parts used here aren't too bad. I rather have a fun weekend at the track and a reliable commuter from M-F than a car i fear driving +1 hour to go to a track that would break it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Most people with an interest in the VN probably wont have all that much interest in tracking it. As you've said they are probably just looking for a more engaged driving experience during their daily commutes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts