Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I bought the KDM N Performance Intake from the N performance parts line that Hyundai launched in Korea. I'm not sure when I will receive it, however I am writing this post to see if anyone is curious to find out anything about it. If anyone has any questions about it, I will more then happily provide answers when I get it. Ask away guys!

·
Super Moderator
1,793 Posts
Please post some pics when it arrives. We would all love to see it and how it looks installed in the car. Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup, would love to see pics, video, etc!
How much the the total cost with shipping and taxes?
The total I paid was $460 with shipping and tax. I know someone will come here and tell me I could have gotten the AEM one for a lot cheaper, however when the opportunity came to buy the Hyundai one I hadn't seen anyone in the U.S. that had one so the curiosity took over and I bought it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey guys,
I bought the KDM N Performance Intake from the N performance parts line that Hyundai launched in Korea. I'm not sure when I will receive it, however I am writing this post to see if anyone is curious to find out anything about it. If anyone has any questions about it, I will more then happily provide answers when I get it. Ask away guys!
Want to confirm with you, on the blue transition coupler, on the larger inner diameter. Is it 70mm or 76mm? Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Want to confirm with you, on the blue transition coupler, on the larger inner diameter. Is it 70mm or 76mm? Thanks!
hey Yames,
I don't have time to take a look because of work today. I will try my best to take it apart and measure it tomorrow or sometime soon and let you know.

·
Registered
48 Posts
hey Yames,
I don't have time to take a look because of work today. I will try my best to take it apart and measure it tomorrow or sometime soon and let you know.
Thanks Antek! Really appreciate the help!

·
Registered
26 Posts
So I have been looking at the N performance intake and the takeda momentum CAI. Would anyone possibly know which would have a bigger performance gain between the two? when I look at the piping for the n performance intake it looks identical to stock, except the box that the filter sits in is transparent. I think both are equally pleasing to look at, but if I am going to spend the $$$ I would like to get the one with better performance gain, even if it's only slight! I'm pretty new to the n community still, so I am just trying get some more knowledge on this. Thanks in advance for the help!!! (y)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I have been looking at the N performance intake and the takeda momentum CAI. Would anyone possibly know which would have a bigger performance gain between the two? when I look at the piping for the n performance intake it looks identical to stock, except the box that the filter sits in is transparent. I think both are equally pleasing to look at, but if I am going to spend the $$$ I would like to get the one with better performance gain, even if it's only slight! I'm pretty new to the n community still, so I am just trying get some more knowledge on this. Thanks in advance for the help!!! (y)
Hey!

I hope you are doing well, I thought I could pop on and provide some more info for you. I have not had a Takeda Momentum intake so I can not say anything about it, however I have had the N performance intake for a while now. I think you may be mistaken with some of your info as not only is the filter bigger and intake box is different, but the intake piping is also wider on the N performance intake. I made a review of the N performance intake where I talk about some of the questions you asked. It is a good read if you are interested in purchasing it.

Here's the link to that: Hyundai N Performance Intake Review

To give you some short answers, here are my thoughts. My guess (this may be wrong) is that the Takeda Momentum would give you a higher performance advantage. The piping on the N performance filter is bigger than stock and if you would like I could take a look for you and measure it out so you get some precise numbers, just let me know. Unfortunately there is very little info out there about the horsepower gains you get from the N performance intake, so we are kind of left in the dark. The advantage I see with the N performance intake is you get a sweet OEM + look while getting some performance benefits. I like the fact that I still have Hyundai and Kia part numbers on my parts, but that's a preference. Let me know if I can help in any other way, and welcome to the community.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts