Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well is this pump higher flow than stock? If it is, by how much? If it's close I will keep it but if it isn't I am returning it. Is there any possible way we can get flow rates on the different part numbers? This would be great if we could.

Best regards,

-Mike
I couldn't tell you the maximum PSI it can flow or sustain but I can tell you that the specification for fuel rail pressure on the 2.0 in the Sonata and Santa Fe is 3.0~15.0MPa (30.6~153.0kgf/cm²,435.1~2175.6psi) while the Veloster N is supposed to have 4.0~25.0MPa(40.9~255.0kgf/cm²,580.1~3626psi).

Judging solely based on that, the pump from the Sonata & Santa Fe theoretically should not be able to out perform the Veloster N pump. However if the cam lobe on the Veloster is a larger / different shape than the others and can overdrive that pump, it stands to reason that one of those pumps on a VN could produce more pressure throughout the RPM range.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My goodness that does not make me feel confident.... I don't want anything over-driven, I want a better flowing pump. This IS BULL$hit to say the least. What a joke and a complete waste of my time. Now the refund will take forever.....

Best regards,

-Mike
with the lack of information from both SXTH and 845 and the insane price gap between them and the European TCR options, I feel it stands to reason that the pumps sold here are in fact not the TCR pumps. They may be viable alternatives but they are not the Hyundai Motorsport pumps. Unless Red can provide photos of the box that this pump came in from SXTH I find it a bit interesting that they are able to sell the same part for almost 50% less than the European sellers.

I've been doing some photo based research, and it would appear that the i30N TCR fuel pumps have a yellow dot on the top of the pump in the center, ours have white ones. This is a denotation of some kind, I am just unsure of what.

This needs its own thread and we need to be able to find the specs on the outputs of these pumps to get a better answer.

·
Super Moderator
1,722 Posts
I started this thread so we don't pollute Red's thread. Feel free to complain and hash out anything regarding the HPFP's. Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Super Moderator
1,722 Posts
Also, I contacted GenRacer to see if they are going to eventually carry one. I love their customer service and Jeff is a great guy. I'd like to give them the business if our current situation does not work out.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also, I contacted GenRacer to see if they are going to eventually carry one. I love their customer service and Jeff is a great guy. I'd like to give them the business if our current situation does not work out.

Best regards,

-Mike
Perhaps they have access to the actual TCR part or at least might have some insight on what they run on their race cars.

·
Super Moderator
1,722 Posts
I will keep you all informed on his response.

Br,

-Mike

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Some updated information:

There are a few different colors of the sticker on top of the pumps. I do not know what exactly they mean but I can make an educated guess:

Blue/Green: Installed on the 2.4L naturally aspirated engines
White: Veloster N (possibly others) 2.0T
Yellow: 2.0T "TCR" supposed spec. Some 35320-2GTA0 pumps have this sticker, some do not.
No sticker: Rebuilt, sticker removed, or non OE replacement.

845 has provided me photos of their pump, and it looks identical to what Red got from SXTH. It does have a yellow dot on top of the pump.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I did more digging.

First, the lack of full clarity, information, and detail from ALL vendors has made this very annoying. For a part that could have serious engine consequences one would think vendors would be crystal clear on exactly what their part is.. but no. Going back to the last thread and a comment I believe RedVN made: the only way to truly know is with a pressure test. Barring that, below is my confidence level (Near Certain, High, Moderate, Low, No Confidence) on each of the HPFP's available and that have been discussed:

Courtenay Sport in the UK - I have near certain confidence that this is a Hyundai Motorsport upgraded/uprated HPFP. Their website is explicit on "Hyundai Motorsport," "TCR," and their description states "uprated internals." Plus they have good pictures that at least partially support their text description.

SXTH Element in SC - I have high confidence that this is an HPFP that will support higher fuel requirements in our car. Note this is not the same as what I said on Courtenay above. The only thing tying the SXTH HPFP to the possible Hyundai Motorsports is a shared text listing that says "Hyundai Motorsport" and sharing the same SKU. Unfortunately that shared SKU can not be found anywhere else on the internet or visible printed on an actual HPFP in any picture. That said, several people have purchased the SXTH sold HPFP and had positive results / good pressure. This is why I have moderate confidence this HPFP is sufficient for use in higher fuel pressure requirements in our car but NOT moderate confidence it is an actual Hyundai Motorsport HPFP. This is purely based upon evidence available on the internet/forums/pictures/etc. Going back to my very first sentence in this post: LACK OF FULL CLARITY, information, detail from all vendors makes this whole comparison VERY annoying! Without additional evidence that SXTH actually sells the Hyundai Motorsport HPFP, I can not have confidence that their HPFP for sale is that one. Chime in here if you have input.

845 Motorsports in NY - I have moderate confidence that this HPFP is the SAME one sold by SXTH Element. The part numbers visible on actual pictures align with the SXTH sold HPFP as well as the yellow dot. Unfortunately neither of these are defitnitive as demonstrated at the bottom by finding cheap same part number fuel pumps with the yellow dot. I would have high confidence that is it the same HPFP sold by SXTH if I had additional performance evidence showing expected fuel pressure ratings --> which they may be able to provide.

All of that said, below is what I have found to build upon N_Dorphins post above:

____
____

[This post you Red?]
Post 1030: The user posted three pictures of the HPFP he recieved from SXTH. Note the part number/SKU number and manf markings (3520-2GTA0 & 9760-A104). Same user a couple posts above shows the website pic with the 'yellow dot'

I purchased the HPFP from 845 Motorsports that they claim is the same as SXTH sells. The HPFP I recieved has 35320-2GTA0 & 9760-A104 which is the same as the above example from N-Cars.net that the user bought from SXTH. Also the HPFP I recieved from 845 has the yellow dot on the top.

Below are some images from the HPFP I recieved from 845 Motorsports. Note the 35320-2GTA0 & 9760-A104 on the unit:

On one side of the HPFP I recieved from 845 Motorsports you can also see a PN (I assume Part Number): 3088-A010

On the 353202GTA0 number:

The Part number 353202GTA0 is listed as a High Pressure pump for a SONATA LF 2014-2018 in the MOBIS parts list
PDF Page 287, S/NO 19781

This part number shows up on both the SXTH and 845 HPFP. No 'on the unit' part number is visilble in any of the UK vendor (Carlicious or Courtenay) pictures.

On the 353035G01 SKU listed on the SXTH site and Courtenay:
This SKU and/or Part number does not show up anywhere. I can not find a reference to what this is anywhere and it is not in any picture of an HPFP.

On the 3088-A010 which is visible as a PN on the HPFP I got from 845:
I can not find anything additional on it from searches and it is not visibile in any vendor pictures. It is visible on an HPFP purchsed by somebody else from SXTH.

On the yellow dot visible on the top of the HPFP:
It is on the HPFP I recieved from 845, in pictures of the units from SXTH, and on the HPFP listed on Courtenay's site(UK). Unfortunately, searching google I can also find a 353202GTA0 Fuel Pump with the yellow dot visible for ~$100 elsewhere which may suggest the yellow dot is not exclusive to a 'performance' fuel pump.

For reference on the yellow dot aspect:
HPFP with yellow dot from UK vendor:

·
Super Moderator
1,722 Posts
With all this info I have high confidence the pump from SXTH and 845 ARE the same. I actually got an e-mail from 845 saying that they were. With the pics and much circumstantial evidence I believe him. I am not going to return my HPFP. I am going to install it and try it out. Kevin, you and N-Dorphins are awesome! Thank you to you both! You too, Red!

I read that the Hyundai MS HPFP flows at a 30% more rate (has re-worked internals, so I can see that) and I heard the one from SXTH flows at 20% more. Probably NOT reworked internals just a higher flow pump. I'm ok with the 20% more....Maybe that is where the price difference is? We'll see, right...

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Super Moderator
1,722 Posts
Also, the link for the Ali Express IS a re-manufactured unit, NOT a new one. That is probably the difference in price. Thoughts?

Br,

-Mike

Reactions: KevinE326

·
Registered
66 Posts
With all this info I have high confidence the pump from SXTH and 845 ARE the same. I actually got an e-mail from 845 saying that they were. With the pics and much circumstantial evidence I believe him. I am not going to return my HPFP. I am going to install it and try it out. Kevin, you and N-Dorphins are awesome! Thank you to you both! You too, Red!

I read that the Hyundai MS HPFP flows at a 30% more rate (has re-worked internals, so I can see that) and I heard the one from SXTH flows at 20% more. Probably NOT reworked internals just a higher flow pump. I'm ok with the 20% more....Maybe that is where the price difference is? We'll see, right...

Best regards,

-Mike
Thanks Mike. I have also elected to keep the one from 845. Personally I would have prefered to have just ordered the one from Courtenay... but having already bought the 845 one, and as it seems it is the same as the SXTH one, will work with what I've got.

I do believe it should be clearer on whether or not the US-based vendors are selling the Hyundai Motorsport HPFP or not.

For instance:
if Courtenay in the UK sells the 'official' Hyundai Motorsport HPFP and it provides X difference in flow but a US-based vendor sells an HPFP that does a great job and provides Y difference in flow, it should be explicit. This isn't a cosmetic modification or even a high flow cat... this part effects the fuel flow, and thereby influences potential knock, in the engine.

my 2 cents.

·
Super Moderator
1,722 Posts
This isn't a cosmetic modification or even a high flow cat... this part effects the fuel flow, and thereby influences potential knock, in the engine.
I totally agree with that. I am also going to run some Lucas fuel additive in the gas tank too to lubricate the pump. I regularly use it and it does quiet it down so I know it works. It also makes the gas have a higher btu rating to reduce knock. I can tell the difference when I do use it and when I don't. Who doesn't want a more complete burn in the combustion chamber, right? I know I do...

Br,

-Mike

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I do believe it should be clearer on whether or not the US-based vendors are selling the Hyundai Motorsport HPFP or not.

For instance:
if Courtenay in the UK sells the 'official' Hyundai Motorsport HPFP and it provides X difference in flow but a US-based vendor sells an HPFP that does a great job and provides Y difference in flow, it should be explicit. This isn't a cosmetic modification or even a high flow cat... this part effects the fuel flow, and thereby influences potential knock, in the engine.

my 2 cents.
Considering that this is what actually sparked this debate, I agree.

With SXTH referencing "Hyundai Motorsport" and "TCR" it comes across as it being the actual pump, which it does not actually appear to be since you need to specify with or without the fitting when ordering from Courtenay. For something as extremely important as a fuel pump, it should absolutely be explicitly clear what you are buying. I can understand why they do not want to just state "its a pump from a 2018 Sonata Turbo" because people (like me) will go to their dealer and get it for the same or less money. Confirming that this is the case with the SXTH and 845 pumps, I will very likely purchase this from the dealer at employee cost though I may give the business to 845 since hes been sending me graphs and tons of information vs SXTH who could literally only tell me how to put my email down to find out when they'd be back in stock and nothing more.

845 sent me some datalogs in reference to the fuel pressures supplied by the pump they sell. Without me seeing a stock graph it is irrelevant though, but I will say that the pressure was extremely consistent and well within the specification for the Veloster N.

I am fine with using an HPFP from another car, even for a 20% increase in flow. Just to get another 10% for an extra $500 isn't necessarily worth it to me, especially when SXTH has proven that this pump more than meets the needs of our cars with their turbo upgrade.

·
Super Moderator
1,722 Posts
Beautifully said N-Dorphins!!!! BTW-845 has them back in stock.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Super Moderator
1,722 Posts
This is actually what made my mind up:

It definitely works with no issues haha :) have a bunch out in the wild I'll open one up to find out about the yellow dot. It's in a car currently running 24 psi on a modded turbo which on stock pump it couldn't even go over 21/22 serious dropping fuel pressure down to like 1300 psi from 2900 :) tbh the only reason I'm cheaper then sxth is because I'm trying to be comparable price wise to what else is out due to it being a pump from another car as mentioned in the description.

That was an e-mail from my contact at 845. Sounds honest to me.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
If you’ll look closely at the Courtenay pump it’s equipped with a clamp on coupler on the original quick connect fitting.
This clamp on fitting can be removed to utilize the OEM quick content fitting. This is advertised by Courtenay.

·
Super Moderator
1,722 Posts
Also, GenRacer has no plans on carrying a HPFP. I just spoke to Jeff at GR. So our choices are 845 or SXTH for now.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If you’ll look closely at the Courtenay pump it’s equipped with a coupler on the original quick connect fitting.
This fitting can be removed to utilize the OEM quick content fitting. This is advertised by Courtenay.
Yes but they ask that you choose an option. It isn't even an option with the SXTH or 845 Pump

1 - 20 of 197 Posts