Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if my windows are down mine sounds like a small jet engine. Is that normal? Im new to turbos so I'm clueless. It sounds sweet. Im just curious if my low boost numbers on my stock gauges are telling me somthing is wrong. Especially since sound bites of other N don't sound like mine at wot.

·
Super Moderator
1,784 Posts
Any work done to the intake at all? If so, it WILL be louder. Mine's pretty loud but I have a lot done on the intake side of the turbo.

Best regards,

-Mike

Reactions: Akuser47

·
Registered
167 Posts
Low boost? Like how low? If you have a loose pipe your boost will be low, but for you to hear the turbo thru it would be practialy disconnected and have 0 boost. Agree with ghost on mods, mine is much louder since it if fully opened up but we need more data. On my 96 DSM I had the sheath fall off of the EGT probe and run thru the compressor wheel. That thing sounded like police siren when she started to spoolup.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mines completely stock. My speedo psi gauge never hits 10 psi. The psi gauge on infotainment averages 4 to 5 psi even at full wot. If i open it up full wot my car sounds like a small jet engine. Car doesn't seem any slower than when I first bought it. I am only recently now driving with windows down though. I use 93 octane fuel always

·
Registered
364 Posts
I get a slight whistle if I boost under 3000 rpm but otherwise don’t notice it too much. I have a base and only 91 octane in my area but my cluster psi gauge hits about 15 psi max

1 - 5 of 5 Posts