Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

How does a dealer determine one is NOT the first owner

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  alusiv 
#1 ·
I bought my '22 VN with 1500 miles from a private seller (first owner) in southern California. I've read you loose the 10yr/100K warranty and free oil changes as !original-owner, which is a shame considering the car is basically new and barely broken in. What I'm wondering is how does my dealer in northern California determines I'm not the first owner if I schedule and show up for the first "free oil change" at 6K miles?

Other than doh, your name is different than the original buyer, given my dealer has no past record of this VN (from service perspective), what are my chances of them assuming I'm the first owner and need first service?

#2 ·
I read that in the warranty as well. Kinda surprised me. Anyway a simple carfax will show the dealer where the car was delivered, serviced and sold. I'm sure you can't hide the fact your owner #2 IF they look. At 1500 miles I would go in when your ready for your first free oil change and see what's up. Not sure if they check records per VIN or not but worth a try.

Hmm- sold after 1500 miles?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.