Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Skip to 3:40 to see how to remove the knob. Some are harder than others but you literally just need to pull the knob way harder than youre comfortable with. Be careful not to lose the spring either. It tends to shoot across the damn car interior

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Skip to 3:40 to see how to remove the knob. Some are harder than others but you literally just need to pull the knob way harder than youre comfortable with. Be careful not to lose the spring either. It tends to shoot across the damn car interior
Thank a lot for the vid.

Damn that's rough, especially the idea of parts you'll need flying off all over the place. Hate the idea of being so damn violent (and possibly breaking something) to a car I'm just beginning to love.

I will probably give it a try in a day or two.

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
I did it just yesterday for the first time, and although I couldn't get it done just sitting in the seat (it does take "I'm going to break this and regret it" kind of effort), I got it off by getting out of the car, kneeling over the passenger seat, and pulling it off with both hands, just like in this video starting at 7:00:

Now, I don't remember anything about noticing a spring, flying off or otherwise. Nor did the shift boot come off with the knob. I tried an aftermarket knob and adapter, didn't like them, put the stock knob back on, checked that I couldn't pull it off easily, rowed it and tested the reverse lock out as well to make sure everything felt the same as before, and I'm all good.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I did it just yesterday for the first time, and although I couldn't get it done just sitting in the seat (it does take "I'm going to break this and regret it" kind of effort), I got it off by getting out of the car, kneeling over the passenger seat, and pulling it off with both hands, just like in this video starting at 7:00:

Now, I don't remember anything about noticing a spring, flying off or otherwise. Nor did the shift boot come off with the knob. I tried an aftermarket knob and adapter, didn't like them, put the stock knob back on, checked that I couldn't pull it off easily, rowed it and tested the reverse lock out as well to make sure everything felt the same as before, and I'm all good.
I think my spring is slightly longer than others and the tension on the reverse lockout is a hair heavier as well so its always under compression and shoots out when i remove the knob lol

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Yeah, I mean I don't mind the warning. I'll be on the lookout once I try the next knob getting here sometime in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Put a hand towel over the top and it should keep things from flying away when you pull it off.

-Sam

1 - 10 of 10 Posts