Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whether I lock the car with the "Lock" button on the remote or whether I use the lock feature of BlueLink, I believe that my trunk is always only unlocked when closed. How do I lock it?

I considered the possibility that the trunk is locked, but I never find it in a locked state because I always approach the car while having the key in close proximity, but I have dismissed that possibility because I don't actually hear it unlock and none of the main doors auto unlock like that.

I am totally confused at this point and it seems the trunk just can't lock. Fortunately, most people (except the ones I would be most worried about) probably wouldn't know how to open it anyway.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Whether I lock the car with the "Lock" button on the remote or whether I use the lock feature of BlueLink, I believe that my trunk is always only unlocked when closed. How do I lock it?

I considered the possibility that the trunk is locked, but I never find it in a locked state because I always approach the car while having the key in close proximity, but I have dismissed that possibility because I don't actually hear it unlock and none of the main doors auto unlock like that.

I am totally confused at this point and it seems the trunk just can't lock. Fortunately, most people (except the ones I would be most worried about) probably wouldn't know how to open it anyway.
Try walking up to it without the key. It's locked, it's just not a locking mechanism like you're used to -- you won't hear an audible click or anything.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So what is the purpose of the button that looks like "trunk unlock" if I never have any occasion to use it since I am already in close proximity with the key?

I will try what you suggest. So the official answer then is that with either the lock button on the keys or with BlueLink, when I lock the car the trunk should definitely be locking, correct?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Yes, when the doors and trunk are closed you can either lock it with the remote or key in the drivers door. If you don't engage the alarm with the key fob, it will not be locked. Otherwise when you push lock the alarm will engage and the doors and truck will lock. Also, if you're in the car and engage the locks either by the cars movement or the locking mechanism.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, you are correct. It is locked when I approach without the key in proximity. I am totally baffled why there is what appears to be a trunk unlock button since the trunk is always unlocked for me when I attempt to open it with the key in my pocket. If anyone has an answer to that, that would be great. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
310 Posts
It's basically the same as when you walk to the driver's door with the key in your pocket. Pressing the button on the hatch functions the same as pressing the button on the door handle. I don't use the buttons on the fob.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Okay, you are correct. It is locked when I approach without the key in proximity. I am totally baffled why there is what appears to be a trunk unlock button since the trunk is always unlocked for me when I attempt to open it with the key in my pocket. If anyone has an answer to that, that would be great. Thanks everyone.
When my wife wants to get into the trunk and I'm not standing right next to her, I can unlock it. Of course, I could just hit the door unlock button too, but I'm sure there's someone out there who wants to keep the doors locked in case of any passersby near the sides of the car, like if parallel parked in a busy area.

·
Registered
127 Posts
When my wife wants to get into the trunk and I'm not standing right next to her, I can unlock it. Of course, I could just hit the door unlock button too, but I'm sure there's someone out there who wants to keep the doors locked in case of any passersby near the sides of the car, like if parallel parked in a busy area.
Also in case the proximity detector fails for some reason, you have a remote button. Perhaps you're in a sketchy part of town and want to minimize risk of people getting in the doors?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Perhaps you're in a sketchy part of town and want to minimize risk of people getting in the doors?
I was more getting at the idea of being so uncomfortable with people in public that you would keep your doors locked, but at the same also let them your spouse stand next to them alone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts