Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a lightly used 2020 Veloster N, but the only place that has them near me is Carvana. I have no concerns about the performance of the car but I am curious what the seats are like. Are they comfy? Or do people think it would be worth waiting a year to get the new seats on a used model then?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I personally like the seats. they hold you but aren't tight. the bolstering is holds your hips but you can still get out of the car without looking silly. they don't make me sweat and i have taken 2, 3 hour trips and and they were comfortable the whole time. the new seats look awesome but are not a must in my opinion. also i heard those N light up seats might only be on the DCT models if that matters to you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Compared to the seats in the older model velosters these seats are fantastic. I've taken it on two 500+ mile road trips and felt great at the end of them! Great if you like to throw the car around a bit too :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Compared to the seats in the older model velosters these seats are fantastic. I've taken it on two 500+ mile road trips and felt great at the end of them! Great if you like to throw the car around a bit too :)
Okay that was my follow up question. So they comfy and they are bolstered enough to be nice for hard cornering? Some of the complaints I have seen are the bolstering can feel too conservative to be nice for that

·
Registered
83 Posts
Coming from a 2nd gen genesis coupe. For me being 6”4 225lbs, they are a little tight. My gen coupes leather seats were perfect for me. Very lightly bolstered and they were mostly for comfort. I still haven’t found my perfect seating position and don’t know if I’ll ever get it the way that feels 100% correct. I wish the seats went lower also. I just will almost never need that much bolstering and rather it just be more comfortable. That’s why I am very interested in these 2021 N performance seats. They look more lightly bolstered and just better all around IMO. If your shorter/smaller then I am, you will fit well.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Plenty comfy for me - I'm 5'11" and 150lbs. If they were any more bolstered it would make it quite difficult getting in and out of the car. I still marvel at the ease of entry/exit when driving my wife's car haha.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Coming from a 2nd gen genesis coupe. For me being 6”4 225lbs, they are a little tight. My gen coupes leather seats were perfect for me. Very lightly bolstered and they were mostly for comfort. I still haven’t found my perfect seating position and don’t know if I’ll ever get it the way that feels 100% correct. I wish the seats went lower also. I just will almost never need that much bolstering and rather it just be more comfortable. That’s why I am very interested in these 2021 N performance seats. They look more lightly bolstered and just better all around IMO. If your shorter/smaller then I am, you will fit well.
I'm interested in buying the new seats as well, just because I love the light and the fact that you can shave a couple of pounds off of the current seat. Do you have any info about availability? I'm thinking I might contact my local dealer and see if I can have them order/install them for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Okay that was my follow up question. So they comfy and they are bolstered enough to be nice for hard cornering? Some of the complaints I have seen are the bolstering can feel too conservative to be nice for that
That is probably true for many since the bolsters can't be adjusted. I'm average size 5'11", 200 lbs and they're spot on for me. Perfectly snug on the hard cornering, but not so tight that they're uncomfortable the rest of the time. I also drive a M2 and those seats are adjustable in a million ways but going between both cars since May this year I can say the Veloster's seats are dialed in very well for my stature.
I agree with the other comment in that the lowest seating position isn't quite as low as I would want but it's not a problem at all.

·
Registered
20 Posts
In Canada at least the the new light seats are standard on both the DCT and the manual model of the Veloster N. There were no options listed for Canada when I ordered my 2021 back in August (other than the two new paint colours Cyber Grey, and Atlas White). The current seats are very nice and supportive and offer a compromise between comfort and stability. I do feel that the passenger seat is not as comfortable as the driver seat but that might be all in my head. I know some auto manufacturers (Honda is notorious for this) don't make the passenger seat with as quality of a feel as the driver seat (the padding is different).

·
Registered
83 Posts
.......dam I would of really wanted the cyber grey. I wanted the black actually more then the chalk white I got, but there are so many white ones down here they were discounting them and the one or two black ones were all not negotiable.

no one has confirmed we can install the new seats into the 19-20 cars yet so we will have to wait and see if it’s even possible.

·
Registered
14 Posts
In Canada at least the the new light seats are standard on both the DCT and the manual model of the Veloster N. There were no options listed for Canada when I ordered my 2021 back in August (other than the two new paint colours Cyber Grey, and Atlas White). The current seats are very nice and supportive and offer a compromise between comfort and stability. I do feel that the passenger seat is not as comfortable as the driver seat but that might be all in my head. I know some auto manufacturers (Honda is notorious for this) don't make the passenger seat with as quality of a feel as the driver seat (the padding is different).
I'm curious - I'm looking to pick up a new 2021 as soon as they are available, but I haven't seen the option to order one like you mentioned. I'm in the US, so maybe that's why - were you simply able to do it through the Hyundai website? Or did you have to go through a dealer? Any help you can offer would be much appreciated. Good luck/congrats on the 2021!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm curious - I'm looking to pick up a new 2021 as soon as they are available, but I haven't seen the option to order one like you mentioned. I'm in the US, so maybe that's why - were you simply able to do it through the Hyundai website? Or did you have to go through a dealer? Any help you can offer would be much appreciated. Good luck/congrats on the 2021!
Hey there! You are right-- you can't build or price yet on any website other than the Korean website. My dealer had information on the 2021 that wasn't available to the general public-- unless you were offering money to order at that point. I sat down with my sales associate-- very small, friendly, local dealership. They were willing to order my car without a deposit (she had no worries that it wouldn't sell) but I was worried that someone would buy it lol so I just left them 500 cash as a sign of good faith. She expected a slight price increase with the manual model (the one I ordered) and a much larger increase for the DCT model. Both models come standard in Canada with the N light seats, both suites of safety tech, larger touch screen, heated steering wheel, heated seats. No options I could pick except for transmission. She said Cyber Grey is a dark metallic grey similar to the matte paint we had in Canada called Shooting Star (now discontinued), and she thinks the Atlas White is a brighter, flat white compared to Chalk White. So yes-- I went through my dealer to get the info first hand bc I don't always trust what I am reading on the interwebs. Also-- there are so many differences between the markets. No sunroof option for Canada for example, yet in Korea you can get a Veloster N with a sunroof. I hope this information helps! Definitely go and talk to your dealership if you are serious about ordering-- they should have more concrete pricing info at this point. I'm excited for my grey colour choice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
To me, the current seats are the most economically comfortable in any car I've owned. Second best would be the VW MK6 Golf R, although the MK7 R had far less comfortable seats. The N's lumbar support is firm and highly adjustable and the bolstering is perfect for my 5'10" 200lbs body. I even prefer the cloth compared with cheap leathers I've had before. They can get a bit warm on long drives, however.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey there! You are right-- you can't build or price yet on any website other than the Korean website. My dealer had information on the 2021 that wasn't available to the general public-- unless you were offering money to order at that point. I sat down with my sales associate-- very small, friendly, local dealership. They were willing to order my car without a deposit (she had no worries that it wouldn't sell) but I was worried that someone would buy it lol so I just left them 500 cash as a sign of good faith. She expected a slight price increase with the manual model (the one I ordered) and a much larger increase for the DCT model. Both models come standard in Canada with the N light seats, both suites of safety tech, larger touch screen, heated steering wheel, heated seats. No options I could pick except for transmission. She said Cyber Grey is a dark metallic grey similar to the matte paint we had in Canada called Shooting Star (now discontinued), and she thinks the Atlas White is a brighter, flat white compared to Chalk White. So yes-- I went through my dealer to get the info first hand bc I don't always trust what I am reading on the interwebs. Also-- there are so many differences between the markets. No sunroof option for Canada for example, yet in Korea you can get a Veloster N with a sunroof. I hope this information helps! Definitely go and talk to your dealership if you are serious about ordering-- they should have more concrete pricing info at this point. I'm excited for my grey colour choice.
Thanks for the information! I'm eyeing a 2021 MT as well, ideally in performance blue (though I am admittedly interested in seeing what the new white and gray look like). I contacted one of my local dealerships and they don't seem to be too knowledgeable on this (they of course tried to sell me on the 2020 N sitting on their lot), but I'm going to keep the conversation going and see if they can help. If not, I'll explore other local dealerships. I'd gladly put money down if it means I can get one spec'd the way I want it... Seriously itching for a 2021 N (for all of the new features you mentioned, really).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Great seats! I'd obviously prefer the new ones with the lighted "N" logo but not enough to the point where I regret the purchase in any way. They are very comfortable, adjustable, and well bolstered. The new seats were probably more to have a big change to cite to than any problem with the current seats.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I like most aspects of the seats. Decent lumbar and hugs nice enough without being suffocating. I have a somewhat thinner build. The main downside is the lack of thigh support. I have an accelerator pedal adapter so it sits right next to the brake pedal (for easier heel toe), now my right leg is raised slightly. It gets uncomfortable on long drives.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts