Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Specifically, from places like Discount Tire and Tire Rack? For instance, all the 18x8.5 wheels that I know for a fact will fit the VN doesn't show on TR's or DT's package builder. I'm looking to buy a set specifically for track days. 18x8.5 +40 Enkei RPF1s and 245/40R18 Falken RT615s is what I'm going for. Obviously, the option for those specific wheels aren't showing up when I try to 'build' a package using the VN. Are you guys using other cars to build out wheel and tire packages? I've tried that too with the 2015 WRX. Everything is good, except for the TPMS, which is 315mhz for the WRX and 433mhz for the VN. I can add the TPMS for the VN separately to the cart, but it also would be shipping from a different warehouse. So obviously, they wheels, tires, and TPMS wont be assembled together all at once, which would save me money on installation costs and labor. I want the TPMS because I can view the tire pressures on screen. It's for convenience's sake.

Or did you guys just buy everything separately and bit the bullet on extra labor and installation costs? Buying a custom wheelset from Tire Rack and Discount Tire shouldn't be this hard, but it is.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought my package from Tire Rack. Enkei TS-10 in 18x8. Try calling them up and speaking with a rep, that way you can request the wheel and tire combo you want, along with the 433 MHz sensors.
Thanks. I've chatted with them via their website and I've gotten mixed responses from different reps. It's probably best to just call them. I still find it mind boggling that they don't have a custom wheel and tire builder where I can just enter the specs I need and buy it as is without tying it to a specific vehicle.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You have to call tire rack... They won't sell you anything they deem outside factory fitment online. I bought enki 18x8.5 +50 with a 245/40/18. They deemed that a aggressive fitment and I had to acknowledge that they may not fit before he would ship them out. Tpms synced no problem tires were mounted and balanced well and wheels fit no problem. They just try cover their own butt

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You have to call tire rack... They won't sell you anything they deem outside factory fitment online. I bought enki 18x8.5 +50 with a 245/40/18. They deemed that a aggressive fitment and I had to acknowledge that they may not fit before he would ship them out. Tpms synced no problem tires were mounted and balanced well and wheels fit no problem. They just try cover their own butt
Ah that makes a lot more sense. Thanks for confirming that I can just give them a call to order a custom wheelset.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think you got your answer, but definitely just call. I actually live about 5 minutes from a Discount Tire location in PA. They have been outstanding in every way. Very pleased with them and there is never a delay. I was having trouble with their website so I called and was able to order wheels and sensors, and they showed up the next day from their warehouse and they even installed them next day.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Bought my wheels on fitment industries, Fifteen52 Podium 18x8.5 +45 offset, waiting to put them on for winter, will get winter tires later. Currently rocking the OEM 19's on Continental dws06 plus all seasons. For tires probably will get them from tire rack, winter setup will be 225/45/18, then next year I will get all seasons in 245/40/18. Note the smaller width for winter, will have a very tiny stretch, but that width is better for cutting through snow.
From my experience if you're new to buying wheels and tires, do as much research as possible, this could take many months, take your time :)

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
711 Posts
I have purchased tire packages from both Tire Rack and Discount Tire Direct. I have had good experiences with both. I cross shop them when I need a package.

Reactions: almazing

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the answers. I'm still flabbergasted at how TR conducts business differently between online and over the phone. But it is what it is. The more you know!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I tried using Fitment industries but did not have any luck with them. Sales person kept steering me toward less offset than stock, wider width than stock but stock tire width in an 18” even after stated don’t care for stretched look. Went to tire rack and found something I liked. Noticed that they recommend local installers when creating a package. I called said local installer and bought package directly from them for the same price as TR, no extra install fee and no tax! Saved just shy of 200 doing it this way. TPMS sensors were synced up and I am I happy customer! Also have a great new relationship with a garage that will get all my tire business now and kept more of my money in my community as I try to do.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I tried using Fitment industries but did not have any luck with them. Sales person kept steering me toward less offset than stock, wider width than stock but stock tire width in an 18” even after stated don’t care for stretched look. Went to tire rack and found something I liked. Noticed that they recommend local installers when creating a package. I called said local installer and bought package directly from them for the same price as TR, no extra install fee and no tax! Saved just shy of 200 doing it this way. TPMS sensors were synced up and I am I happy customer! Also have a great new relationship with a garage that will get all my tire business now and kept more of my money in my community as I try to do.
Nice! I didn't know you can call up TR partners directly and order through them with TR's prices. And it's always good to have a shop you can trust.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also, I didn't realize that Fitment Industries was a store as well. I've only been using them as a way to check out wheel fitment and how they look on cars. I can configure the exact setup I want with TPMS through their website and without going through extra steps like I would through TR. Pricing between FI and TR is roughly the same. I would just like the convenience of buying, having it delivered to my house, and installing myself.

Anyone have experience with Fitment Industries as far as quality of work, shipping, and delivery?

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Also, I didn't realize that Fitment Industries was a store as well. I've only been using them as a way to check out wheel fitment and how they look on cars. I can configure the exact setup I want with TPMS through their website and without going through extra steps like I would through TR. Pricing between FI and TR is roughly the same. I would just like the convenience of buying, having it delivered to my house, and installing myself.

Anyone have experience with Fitment Industries as far as quality of work, shipping, and delivery?
Do a search for Fitment Industries in the search engine at the top of the page. You’ll get quite a few threads of those who have used them previously.👍🇺🇸

·
Registered
68 Posts

Customer service is quick and professional, shipping is pretty decent, about a week later my wheels arrived in the east coast coming from Cali. Actually the wheels I ordered, 1 finish is wrong, I'm currently in the process of sending it back lol. Not their fault but the manufacturer Fifteen52 itself, the box labels were all correct, just a silver wheel was put into a box that should of been a satin gray wheel lol.
Customer service actually replied to an email I sent yesterday, Friday, they responded today on a Saturday which is nice, I'd thought I'd had to wait till Monday.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nice! I didn't know you can call up TR partners directly and order through them with TR's prices. And it's always good to have a shop you can trust.
I will say I have had mixed luck getting shops to match price even when they advertise they will match. They match but *****, moan and try to skimp you on something. Previous local tire franchise ( tire warehouse) would not repair a tire on a previously purchased priced match tire even though TR offers road hazard protection for 2 yrs. That 30 bucks cost them a 1900 sale and a customer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just placed an order from Tire Rack via phone. I decided to buy the Enkei PF09 18x8.5 +45 offset with 245/40R18 Hancook Ventus RS4s. The +40 offset 18x8.5 Gold RPF1s are too aggressive a fitment than I would like, though I think my white VN with gold wheels would look fantastic. And I originally wanted Falken Azenis RT615K+ but they didn't have them in the right warehouses so it would have taken a lot more time to get them to me. I read that the Ventus RS-4s are pretty good tires. Not the fastest, but they heat cycle well and are longer lasting than their competition. I have a track night this coming Friday, so I kinda want them in by Thursday, so I can make use of them. Any 200 TW tire would fare better on track than the stock P-Zeros.

Only Tire Rack can get these mounted, balanced, and shipped out to me with the quickness. This order also comes with TPMS sensors, 75-67.1 centering rings, and lug nuts. I should just be able to mount these and start driving. I will also be getting an alignment with Whiteline camber bolts before hitting the track again. I'm genuinely curious to know how different the car drives from stock versus lightweight wheels and sticky tires. I took my VN to the track last month bone stock, minus 5w40 racing oil and had a blast.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts