Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm still taking this car out and driving around just for the hell of it. Still so fun. Anyway, sometimes I get hot air blowing through the vents even when I have no climate control stuff turned on. Not like there's a fan turned on, just like the hot air from the engine bay is blowing into the car while I'm driving. Anyone else have this?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah, if you have the interior circulation off, it will be open to the outside and can move air into the cabin.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The reason air is coming from the vents even when the fan is off is that the inlet for the ventilation system is at the base of the windshield down in the cowl. That's a high pressure zone because of angle created by the hood meeting the windshield. Air slows down there and so pressure increases. At higher speeds that will force quite a bit of air through the vents despite the fan being off. I presume this is by design so that there's always some amount of fresh air entering the cabin (or it could be that there's no other logical, convenient place to put the inlet).

·
Registered
12 Posts
I noticed the same. In my Optima I would have to turn on the climate and turn the temp all the way down, turn it off, and then it felt like outside temp air coming in. I do the same in the N and I still get hot air.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts