Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

· Registered
2022 VN DCT
61 Posts
Technically they dont. The spark plug hole on the VN is slightly smaller than on the 1.6T engine. I just put a dab of silicone spray around the hole and they popped right in, otherwise they are a very tight fit. This is the exact same coils that N75 sells you.

· Registered
2022 VN DCT
61 Posts
No issues. When I purchased the coils I didn't think it would make any noticeable difference at all. Immediately after install when I started the car it started and idled noticeably smoother. The car runs great in general, I would say for the price its a worthwhile upgrade.

· Administrator
2,108 Posts
Could the hesitation be from not removing the torque management from the new tune? Or not removing all of it? Just a guess.....

Best regards,

-Mike

· Registered
5,073 Posts
@RedVN @Kusinagi2501
I've been having about the same issues when I had my rev6 piggyback on and running the hks m45xl plugs.
I recently had installed my stuffed turbo and stage 3 sxth ecu tune and when full throttle sometimes I'll get hesitation, like the car will jerk and not want to keep accelerating so I'll have to ease off the gas and ease back onto it instead of mashing down the gad pedal when doing a pull.
I have a new set of the hks plugs that I want to try replacing and also have ordered msd coils from n75 but unfortunately my package was stolen from outside my porch and n75 doesn't want to help me out with that predicament so I'm in the process of a dispute and having usps investigate on it. When I contacted n75 and told them about everything and they stated they couldn't do anything to help since It was stolen, I then told them I was gonna dispute because I'm not going to be out $200 or so but they insisted if I disputed I would be "burning bridges" with the vendor. Like wtf?!
Anyways so I'm looking for new coil packs that could possibly be the culprit on my issue. I'm also going to do a data log and if the issue occurs, it'll show in the data log and I can send it over to Nathan at sxth and he'll be able to tell me a little bit more of what's going on😔
Do you know if it was stolen for certain or mis-delivered? Was it DHL, USPS, or another company?

If Daniel told you this, ^ then he’s got a some answering for, that will ultimately and effectively hurt his business with other owners.

He’s got an opportunity to clarify his response or it’s going to get around the VN forums. They have insurance on their deliveries. If he’s refusing to research such a loss on his side, he’s got a problem.

Personally, I’ll quit ordering from him all together and let others know so they can make up their own mind, as to use his services or not.

If the item wasn’t received, it’s his responsibility to make it good. If he doesn’t and at least offer to refund the order, then he’s negligent as as a vendor. It’ also is akin to fraudulent activity on his part.

Now the other part of the equation; IMO the stutter your experiencing is; possibly and most likely tune oriented or something in your particular installation. I can’t tell you for certainwithout putting my hands on it directly.

Did you do the install or have it done by a speed shop?

At what rpm and in what gears does it occur?

Did you flash the tune, send or purchase a spare ECU?

Personally, I’d talk to Nathan @SXTH ELEMENT and send them your data logs. It obviously didn’t start occurring, until the upgrade of both turbocharger and tune.

Go back and check the installation in total. Make sure there are no leaks in any of the manifolds, air intake, couplings. boost control tubing to the solenoid etc.

Did you upgrade the boost solenoid?

Did you make sure the electronic waste was properly adjusted to; 3.8 volts?

Did you remove the valve cover for installation of the turbocharger and was it properly sealed with a new gasket?

Did you check the PCV? Are you utilizing a CC and if so which one?

What hot pipe did you use with the turbocharger upgrade?

Are all couplings properly connected, secure and free of leaks?

Are you utilizing the same OEM HPFP or an upgraded unit?

There's allot check and ensure the installation was correctly done.👍🇺🇸

· Registered
69 Posts
Do you know if it was stolen for certain or mis-delivered? Was it DHL, USPS, or another company?

If Daniel told you this, ^ then he’s got a some answering for, that will ultimately and effectively hurt his business with other owners.

He’s got an opportunity to clarify his response or it’s going to get around the VN forums. They have insurance on their deliveries. If he’s refusing to research such a loss on his side, he’s got a problem.

Personally, I’ll quit ordering from him all together and let others know so they can make up their own mind, as to use his services or not.

If the item wasn’t received, it’s his responsibility to make it good. If he doesn’t and at least offer to refund the order, then he’s negligent as as a vendor. It’ also is akin to fraudulent activity on his part.

Now the other part of the equation; IMO the stutter your experiencing is; possibly and most likely tune oriented or something in your particular installation. I can’t tell you for certainwithout putting my hands on it directly.

Did you do the install or have it done by a speed shop?

At what rpm and in what gears does it occur?

Did you flash the tune, send or purchase a spare ECU?

Personally, I’d talk to Nathan @SXTH ELEMENT and send them your data logs. It obviously didn’t start occurring, until the upgrade of both turbocharger and tune.

Go back and check the installation in total. Make sure there are no leaks in any of the manifolds, air intake, couplings. boost control tubing to the solenoid etc.

Did you upgrade the boost solenoid?

Did you make sure the electronic waste was properly adjusted to; 3.8 volts?

Did you remove the valve cover for installation of the turbocharger and was it properly sealed with a new gasket?

Did you check the PCV? Are you utilizing a CC and if so which one?

What hot pipe did you use with the turbocharger upgrade?

Are all couplings properly connected, secure and free of leaks?

Are you utilizing the same OEM HPFP or an upgraded unit?

There's allot check and ensure the installation was correctly done.👍🇺🇸
Yes, some people on the Facebook VN page are 50/50. Some think it's my fault and then n75s. I'm still in a process for the dispute but that was my first product trying to order from them and will be the last time I ever tried.
I've already talked to usps and everybody I could so I'm just trying to get my money back. Crazy how Daniel runs his customer support. Anyways,
So after sending another data log to Nathan with my fuel pressure this is what he stated, I'm having high peaks of fuel and I should be steady at 2900psi. I did replace my hpfp with a sonata one so I'm not sure what's going. Nathan stated fuel pressure regulator/hpfp issue.

Attachments

· Registered
5,073 Posts
Daniel is very defensive when it comes to returns or refunds. He’s responsible to follow up once a customer has delivery issues.

Until it in your hands it’s his responsibility, end of conversation. He either sends you a replacement and does the leg work or refunds and still does the leg work.

Nathan is defiantly correct by the data log you sent him. Very possible it the fuel regulator. It’s located in the tank and looks like this;
Personal protective equipment Auto part Font Machine Event

Font Line Auto part Automotive exterior Diagram

LPFP assembly has to come out which means the rear seat has to be removed to access the top of the fuel tank. It’s not a difficult task but is time consuming none the less.

Again I can say directly as I don’t have my hands on the car.

Its not the LPFP delivery which is regulated. To check the HPFP pressure output at the fuel rail, It takes a special adapter and high pressure gauge to check.

The Fuel Pressure Regulator is $70 with tax and shipping.👍🇺🇸

· Registered
69 Posts
Daniel is very defensive when it comes to returns or refunds. He’s responsible to follow up once a customer has delivery issues.

Until it in your hands it’s his responsibility, end of conversation. He either sends you a replacement and does the leg work or refunds and still does the leg work.

Nathan is defiantly correct by the data log you sent him. Very possible it the fuel regulator. It’s located in the tank and looks like this;
View attachment 11036
View attachment 11035
LPFP assembly has to come out which means the rear seat has to be removed to access the top of the fuel tank. It’s not a difficult task but is time consuming none the less.

Its not the LPFP delivery which is regulated. To check the HPFP pressure output at the fuel rail, It takes a special adapter and high pressure gauge to check.

Yes I totally agree with you. Some say to take the hit and just be out $200+ on msd coils and I don't know about you but I don't have $200 to just throw away. After he said "you would be burning bridges with the vendor" when I told him I wanna gonna dispute since he couldn't help me, then persisted to say he'll see what he can do and never got back to me. "Nothing I can do" my ass. Welp just lost a customer, they didn't have anything I really needed anyways. I just needed some coils but they're just a vendor for sxth anyways and I've been buying from sxth for a while so I'll just stick to sxth themselves.
But yes that's what I figured when doing research. It all makes sense about this part going bad. After the bad fuel issue I had and hyundai cleaned it all up, my car was good for a while and then I had the piggyback on and all of a sudden I started getting misfiring when WOT and not. It's been happening for a while so I then bought the sonata pump and changed plugs and such and it didn't really happen til now when I'm at a more substantial power gain and ecu tune. So I just stay away from Flooring the gas but I'll look into getting the part and fixing it. Minus well change the LPFP filter while I'm in there.
I'll still check all pressure for fuel to be certain. How do you check the pressure for the fuel pressure regulator?

· Registered
69 Posts

View attachment 11036
View attachment 11035

One of the Symptoms for fuel pressure regulator indicate low pressure which I don't have, I have too much high pressure in my rail but the misfiring and sometimes black smoke when misfiring when WOT are Symptoms I have that are relevant to the fuel pressure regulator.

· Registered
5,073 Posts
Yes I totally agree with you. Some say to take the hit and just be out $200+ on msd coils and I don't know about you but I don't have $200 to just throw away. After he said "you would be burning bridges with the vendor" when I told him I wanna gonna dispute since he couldn't help me, then persisted to say he'll see what he can do and never got back to me. "Nothing I can do" my ass. Welp just lost a customer, they didn't have anything I really needed anyways. I just needed some coils but they're just a vendor for sxth anyways and I've been buying from sxth for a while so I'll just stick to sxth themselves.
But yes that's what I figured when doing research. It all makes sense about this part going bad. After the bad fuel issue I had and hyundai cleaned it all up, my car was good for a while and then I had the piggyback on and all of a sudden I started getting misfiring when WOT and not. It's been happening for a while so I then bought the sonata pump and changed plugs and such and it didn't really happen til now when I'm at a more substantial power gain and ecu tune. So I just stay away from Flooring the gas but I'll look into getting the part and fixing it. Minus well change the LPFP filter while I'm in there.
I'll still check all pressure for fuel to be certain. How do you check the pressure for the fuel pressure regulator?
NO you don’t throwaway $200.00, pursue it to its completion. You’re not going to be ordering from him again and he’s responsible, until it’s in your hands. You did receive the coils, so he either replaces them or refunds, that’s it in a nutshell.

How did you purchase the coils; credit card, PayPal or other means? If it was a credit card thru PayPal or a direct credit card transaction, contact the credit card company and report the you never received the product from N75. Give them the particulars of the transaction. They will refund the money immediately and then follow up with the vendor. Otherwise, this will make the vendor do their diligence. If they don’t, you've already been made whole. PayPal cash transaction, just file the claim.👍🇺🇸

· Registered
69 Posts
NO you don’t throwaway $200.00, pursue it to its completion. You’re not going to be ordering from him again and he’s responsible, until it’s in your hands. You did receive the coils, so he either replaces them or refunds, that’s it in a nutshell.

How did you purchase the coils; credit card, PayPal or other means? If it was a credit card thru PayPal or a direct credit card transaction, contact the credit card company and report the you never received the product from N75. Give them the particulars of the transaction. They will refund the money immediately and then follow up with the vendor. Otherwise, this will make the vendor do their diligence. If they don’t, you've already been made whole. PayPal cash transaction, just file the claim.👍🇺🇸
Exactly. Never again.
I've filed a dispute through affirm. I didn't have the funds at that time so I used them to get it. But I've already paid it off so I still wasted my own $200. If affirm doesn't get back to me then I will file a dispute for all the charges through usaa.
Appreciate all the help though. Always come to clutch when it comes to helping the community. The Facebook VN page community is a joke and never help with a question but just troll.

· Registered
69 Posts
Your welcome. Pretty much with FB. Some don’t even own a VN let alone know anything about it.👍🇺🇸
So I replaced the fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump filter, fuel rail pressure sensor, new spark plugs, msd coil packs and problem still persisted. Still have high pressure in my rail and WOT mid rpms I still get crazy stuttering going on. I'm at 70k miles now and and I think around 40k is when I upgraded the hpfp... I don't know what else to do without just assuming things based off Google and wasting money on parts.

· Registered
2022 VN DCT
61 Posts
I was just thinking about this thread. Wanted to make a follow up post. Been 2K miles since I went back to factory plugs and MSD coils and my car has been perfect, not a hint of stutter in any gear at any throttle opening or load. Im at 12K miles total, 22 DCT for reference, with 4 bald tires 😭

· Registered
69 Posts
I was just thinking about this thread. Wanted to make a follow up post. Been 2K miles since I went back to factory plugs and MSD coils and my car has been perfect, not a hint of stutter in any gear at any throttle opening or load. Im at 12K miles total, 22 DCT for reference, with 4 bald tires 😭
Are you tuned? I'm stage 3 with sxth? It can't be the plugs for me though. I suppose it wouldn't be. Just seems to be a problem I can't figure out. Unless if it's either my fuel pump or hpfp. I bought a launch scanner to get a more live diagnosis of what's happening and see if I have a pending dtc. My ek1 pro is nice but I don't think it can do all of those without sending data logs and bothering Nathan and etc.

· Registered
5,073 Posts
Oscar, when did you replace the fuel system parts and the plugs? It could be the plugs if you‘ve fouled one or more. What did you replace them with; HK’s, NGK’s? Actual plug numbers please.

I’m still thinking about this. I’m attempting to eliminate possible issues. I’m going to collaborate with my tuner as well. Maybe we can recreate a similar issue with mine.

If your A/F ratio is fluctuating, you’d have a problem with fuel flow or control. Have you data-logged the HPFP pressure yet at WOT? I thought you did, is this it;

· Registered
2022 VN DCT
61 Posts
Are you tuned? I'm stage 3 with sxth? It can't be the plugs for me though. I suppose it wouldn't be. Just seems to be a problem I can't figure out. Unless if it's either my fuel pump or hpfp. I bought a launch scanner to get a more live diagnosis of what's happening and see if I have a pending dtc. My ek1 pro is nice but I don't think it can do all of those without sending data logs and bothering Nathan and etc.
My power mods are basic. AFE intake and turbo inlet, Wagner I/C and AFE Scorcher. The VN isnt really a horsepower car imo so I'm very happy at this power level. I wont be doing any more power mods. Also my DD so relaibility and MPG is key. I did have that nagging power stutter at WOT for a while tho..

21 - 40 of 63 Posts