Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y’all, I’m looking at getting some rims for my PP N. The rims are perfect but the offset is +30. From what I’ve seen, everyone runs +35 to +45 for big brake clearance. So I wanna look into some spacers that add +10, butIt’s my first time buying spacers so please give me some suggestions!

·
Registered
2019 smol PP
192 Posts
Huh? If you're at +30 and add a spacer you're going to push the wheel out more, meaning lower the offset closer to 0. You don't want that or your wheel is gonna poke like crazy.

I don't mean to be rude but I'd recommend reading up about offset.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Huh? If you're at +30 and add a spacer you're going to push the wheel out more, meaning lower the offset closer to 0. You don't want that or your wheel is gonna poke like crazy.

I don't mean to be rude but I'd recommend reading up about offset.
I don't want more negative offset on the wheel, I want more positive. If you look on here: Hyundai Veloster N | Fitment Industries you can see everyone is running between 35-45 offest most commonly. No one is running 30 because the front caliper is too large. Unless I am just mixing up my wheel and backspacing which I definitely could be, but either way I just need to get it to 40 so I can mount my wheels when they come in.

·
Registered
82 Posts
It’s the terminology used “0” would be equally spaced from the face of the hub (same amount to the inside of the car as to the outside). A plus 50 means 50mm pushes closer to the inside of the car. The stock Performance Package wheels are us 55. So if you had plus 40 wheels, and added a 20 mm spacer you would effectively be plus 20...which would push the tires too far out and rub the fender wells.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It’s the terminology used “0” would be equally spaced from the face of the hub (same amount to the inside of the car as to the outside). A plus 50 means 50mm pushes closer to the inside of the car. The stock Performance Package wheels are us 55. So if you had plus 40 wheels, and added a 20 mm spacer you would effectively be plus 20...which would push the tires too far out and rub the fender wells.
Ahhhh, thank you. I see i had it backwards. 😂 well looks like I'll be emailing the company asking for 35mm wheels tomorrow.

·
Registered
2019 smol PP
192 Posts
I don't want more negative offset on the wheel, I want more positive. If you look on here: Hyundai Veloster N | Fitment Industries you can see everyone is running between 35-45 offest most commonly. No one is running 30 because the front caliper is too large. Unless I am just mixing up my wheel and backspacing which I definitely could be, but either way I just need to get it to 40 so I can mount my wheels when they come in.
Looks like you figured it out.

People aren't running +30 or lower because of caliper clearance; if anything, lower offsets are better for caliper clearance because of increased wheel face concavity. Like I mentioned before it's because the wheels would begin to poke out more from the fender and be at risk for rubbing plus look a bit weird.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm running 18/40/235 with 50 off set, going to go up to a 245 on my next set of tires. Hyundai does not recommend an offset difference of more than 5 mm, as this could negatively affect the handling characteristics of the car. Stock is 55

1 - 10 of 10 Posts